Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The movie that is going to land Tony Blair in jail

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread reminds me of the politics debates I used to be involved with in my sixth form years. Galloway is coming across as a poor man's Michael Moore, the movie is fatally flawed because of Saddam's genocide of his own people and the timing is bad because the same thing is happening in Syria. It's Christmas, there is no appetite for this posturing guff now. Galloway should don his catsuit and parachute into the jungle where he belongs.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Unfortunately he will never be tried for war crimes. It all comes down to the role of the United States in the International Criminal Court, try Blair and you have to try Bush which will result in the US withdrawing their support for the Court. With US support the Court would be weak and pretty worthless. (there is a good article somewhere which I am failing to find at the moment which explains it all in a much better way than I could). (And yes I know they are not a member but they do add support to it)

I don't know what he can or cannot be legally tried for, but O J Simpson was found innocent in a Criminal Trial, but was found guilty in a Civil Trial.

Blair would say he isn't guilty of mass murder, but he could be seen as guilty for mass man slaughter with diminished responsibility as his mental functions at the time were impaired and under the influence of another mad man.

On this Galloway kickstarter film project, he was asking for £50,000 backing, and he ended up with over £160,000 so the film will be made and will have lots of interest.

I would always support the efforts to put Blair on trial in any shape or form and no one should be untouchable.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't know what he can or cannot be legally tried for, but O J Simpson was found innocent in a Criminal Trial, but was found guilty in a Civil Trial.

Blair would say he isn't guilty of mass murder, but he could be seen as guilty for mass man slaughter with diminished responsibility as his mental functions at the time were impaired and under the influence of another mad man.

On this Galloway kickstarter film project, he was asking for £50,000 backing, and he ended up with over £160,000 so the film will be made and will have lots of interest.

I would always support the efforts to put Blair on trial in any shape or form and no one should be untouchable.

Oh the film will be made. But even back when Michael Moore was fully credible his films acheived nothing more than a few sighs and exclamations of "Bloody hell, that's awful.......I'm off to KFC anybody want owt?"

Galloway doesn't have the clout.

I enjoyed watching him just completely start to make things up when Christopher Hitchins demolished him in a debate about the War in Iraq.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Oh the film will be made. But even back when Michael Moore was fully credible his films acheived nothing more than a few sighs and exclamations of "Bloody hell, that's awful.......I'm off to KFC anybody want owt?"

Galloway doesn't have the clout.

I enjoyed watching him just completely start to make things up when Christopher Hitchins demolished him in a debate about the War in Iraq.

I haven't seen that the Hitchens Galloway debate, and I know Galloway isn’t perfect, but Iraq is a very complex historic issue.

America made Saddam Hussein the man he was and they supplied Iraq with weapons in their own fight against Iran between 1980 – 88, where 1.5m people were killed, we could probably quadruple that figure on the maimed. This included the use of chemical weapons.

Yet at the same time Israel sold Arms to Iran from 1981 to 1983.

America also supported and used the Taliban in their fight against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

I know that you know all of the above, but I think it is good that we live in an age where people can step up and be counted and Galloway is on that mission.

What has annoyed me even more about Blair is that he moved on to parade himself as a Middle East Peace Envoy (and earning mega bucks) when he forfeited the moral high ground by going to war himself.

It just doesn't calculate to good integrity to me especially when he is also claiming to be a man of faith.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Galloway pings around looking for a cause, he finds one, balls's it up, loses credibility and chips off somewhere else.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As part of the crude and concerted smear campaign against opponents of the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq, there was some bullshit thing about finding papers in the ashes of Saddam's palace purporting to link George Galloway directly with Saddam. The whole thing was crap of course, and any film that moves Tony B.Liar one step further towards an international War Crimes trial is to be applauded. Obviously. IMHO, like.

Last edited:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
tell that to 500,000 dead Iraqi children. Pr1ck.

Oh and sadam was such an Angel, gassing his own people, his sons raping any girl they wanted. The fault we made was not continuing after the first gulf war when we would of had the support of of whole region. 10 years too late. I have never voted labour but do expect our prime minister to make tough decisions and no tougher than war.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
As part of the crude and concerted smear campaign against opponents of the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq, there was some bullshit thing about finding papers in the ashes of Saddam's palace purporting to link George Galloway directly with Saddam. The whole thing was crap of course, and any film that moves Tony B.Liar one step further towards an international War Crimes trial is to be applauded. Obviously. IMHO, like.

Legal or not, we were consistently lied to and that's a betrayal. The truth will out at some stage, I look forward to seeing the findings in the film, it'll be a great watch.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
That allegation is complete tosh. Look at the video of Galloway's appearance before the senate committee and you'll learn how he won a libel action against The Daily Telegraph who published falsified stories about Galloway's relationships with the Saddam regime. You seem to be remembering the lies that were published to discredit Galloway, rather than the reality.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/jan/25/Iraqandthemedia.thedailytelegraph

He DID say this though didn't he: "Your excellency, Mr President, I greet you in the name of the many thousands of people in Britain who stood against the tide and opposed the war and aggression against Iraq and continue to oppose the war by economic means, which is aimed to strangle the life out of the great people of Iraq ... I greet you too in the name of the Palestinian people ... I thought the president would appreciate to know that even today, three years after the war, I still meet families who are calling their newborn sons Saddam. Sir, I salute your courage, your strength your indefatigability. And I want you to know that we are with you until victory, until victory, until Jerusalem."

He spent a lot of time cosying up to Saddam.

You don't have to go far to see him bigging up his great pal Assad either. I believe he thinks that the use of chemical weapons in Syria was Israel's doing. Or the rebels. Well someone other than Assad who he thinks is a GREAT guy!

I think I'll ignore any moral stances Galloway has. I won't be the only one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here