Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The movie that is going to land Tony Blair in jail

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I like SymJym but I believe the thread title is "The film that will put Tony Blair in Prison". No, it's not. Why? Because Galloway is not taken seriously in politics. Now, what was the other issue you feel we should be dealing with?

Just to let you know it wasn't my opinion in the title, I grabbed the title thread from the link that came up on my facebook http://www.hangthebankers.com/the-movie-that-is-going-to-land-tony-blair-in-jail/

Just thought I'd clear that up:smile:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can someone post that YouTube of him at the senate; where he wipes the floor with them. Whether you like him or not that was class.

shame he doesnt turn up to parliament to represent his own constituents.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Anyone to think this 'movie' will have any impact on the injustice of the Iraq war is deluded. Anyone to think Galloway won't pocket from this, is again deluded. The man's a pandering attention seeker.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Tony Blair was fantastic for the country after decades of Conservative misery. Those late 90's were a triumph for this country and put us back on the map. It's unfortunate that he invaded Iraq illegaly, as Hussein's regime and him and his rapist, murdering entourage of backward ragheads needed taking out and was a perfectly legit reason to go in without the WMD questions.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Tony Blair WAS a good PM. Lost his way but when he was on form, one of the best we've seen.

Mass immigration. Human rights act. Ilegal wars. Brought the county to its knees. The list goes on. Truly shocking PM.

Achieving peace in Northern Ireland, decentralisation of power in Scotland and Wales, reinvestment in education and the NHS, introduction of national minimum wage, high employment,

Whatever side of the fence you sit on, he changed what we look for in a Prime Minister, he was resilient, he had charm, he was articulate - and in my opinion, he was a good Prime Minister.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Tony Blair was fantastic for the country after decades of Conservative misery. Those late 90's were a triumph for this country and put us back on the map. It's unfortunate that he invaded Iraq illegaly, as Hussein's regime and him and his rapist, murdering entourage of backward ragheads needed taking out and was a perfectly legit reason to go in without the WMD questions.

It's not legit it's ilgeal and it's the law and he broke it. If you don't have law then you have mayhem, carnage, lawlessness. Rules are rules and broke everyone going.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Achieving peace in Northern Ireland, decentralisation of power in Scotland and Wales, reinvestment in education and the NHS, introduction of national minimum wage, high employment,

Whatever side of the fence you sit on, he changed what we look for in a Prime Minister, he was resilient, he had charm, he was articulate - and in my opinion, he was a good Prime Minister.

Utter bolloxs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's not legit it's ilgeal and it's the law and he broke it. If you don't have law then you have mayhem, carnage, lawlessness. Rules are rules and broke everyone going.

Come again?

Actually we signed the Humanitarian Treaty so someone had not just a legit reason to go in but a legal obligation. Which is why I'm saying we didn't need any of this silly nonsense about WMD's in the first place.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is it not a bit Ironic considering Galloway was good mates with Saddam Hussein who slaughtered tens of thousands of his own people ?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Come again?

Actually we signed the Humanitarian Treaty so someone had not just a legit reason to go in but a legal obligation. Which is why I'm saying we didn't need any of this silly nonsense about WMD's in the first place.

The war was based on WMD and yet another 24 hours to save the planet just like he said in 97, we have 24 hours to save the NHS. The bloke cant help himself, he's a compulsive lier.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Unless I am wrong, I don't think anybody has actually proven yet that Tony Blair either lied or deceived parliament.

In the same way perhaps that nobody has proven that Saddam Hussein gassed 100s of Thousand of Kurds.

Because if they proved the latter then it kind of dismisses the former.

Oh!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Utter bolloxs.

If you disagree, by all means outline why. Or can you not substantiate your claims without ''war mongering'' hyperbole?

Domestically Blair was a good Prime Minister between 1997-2007. Iraq tarnished his tenure, that is without doubt. That doesn't mean you can't look objectively about what he achieved during his premiership as a whole. The ''war criminal'' thing is tiresome.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I agree about 18 years of Tory misery, but Blair just continued that project, and the results are so starkly apparent that that project has utterly failed. That project also sought to dedemocratise the world (while oligarchising it, and very successful it has been too) and, as a consequence, we currently lack the institutions and thought to challenge it sufficiently. Of course he had achievements including Northern Ireland, Sure Start, and the pervasive feeling of optimism that accompanied its more welcoming approach to all sections of society -- which contrasted starkly with the nastiness associated with the way in which the Tories had attacked single mums, LBGT community via Section 28, the travelling community, the youth (this particular list could go on).
You're on far shakier ground with your comments relating to backward ragheads, which just illustrates that you've absorbed too much of that nasty logic, and your claim that his illegal invasion of Iraq was 'unfortunate' is somewhat of an understatement.
I note that you still haven't addressed any of Symjym's three original points, and also that this is the third time I've requested an adequate critique of them.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I agree about 18 years of Tory misery, but Blair just continued that project, and the results are so starkly apparent that that project has utterly failed. That project also sought to dedemocratise the world (while oligarchising it, and very successful it has been too) and, as a consequence, we currently lack the institutions and thought to challenge it sufficiently. Of course he had achievements including Northern Ireland, Sure Start, and the pervasive feeling of optimism that accompanied its more welcoming approach to all sections of society -- which contrasted starkly with the nastiness associated with the way in which the Tories had attacked single mums, LBGT community via Section 28, the travelling community, the youth (this particular list could go on).
You're on far shakier ground with your comments relating to backward ragheads, which just illustrates that you've absorbed too much of that nasty logic, and your claim that his illegal invasion of Iraq was 'unfortunate' is somewhat of an understatement.
I note that you still haven't addressed any of Symjym's three original points, and also that this is the third time I've requested an adequate critique of them.

Some fair points. I read an article interviewing some of the female victims of his regime. Much stuck with me but the one that hit me hardest was the lady who witnessed another female being thrown to Hussein's pack of dogs for refusing him sex.

What were the three points? I can't see them? Give them to me and I'll give it a bash.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

I think the choice of word 'unfortunate' is a bit of an understatement and that's before your racist 'raghead' comments. OK there had been far too much indulgence of Saddam Hussein by the West but regime change was only achieved at the second attempt which allowed too many years of collateral damage to the civilian population.

As for the late 90's being a triumph for this country, that is putting a very rosy gloss on things. Yes Blair achieved a landslide rise to power - the public were ripe for change after the Tories lost the plot. Blair took full advantage of the vacuum left behind, and had a free hand knowing he would not face a proper challenge for several years. But we now know that Blair's 'Cool Britannia' feel good factor was largely based on deregulating the banks, credit fuelled spending and allowing the banks free rein. All compounded by the so called 'best Chancellor ever' in Gordon Brown - and we are still paying the price for that.

Key to the whole thing was Blair's brilliant manipulation of politics and the news via a ruthless and effective PR machine creating acres of spin, telling us it was all 'brilliant'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here