Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] The most thrilling stretch of road in the UK, has to be...

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

Side note the M6 toll doesn't accept Apple Pay hence if [like me] you leave your wallet in a jacket pocket somewhere in the boot it can be embarrassing to search through and locate while cars behind get restless
This caught me the first time - luckily guy behind had no idea where he was so he was glad I got out and had to retrieve wallet from boot - an American who asked if it was the way to Scotland 😂 luckily it was north bound.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This bend just after the Southwick tunnel, going Westwards just before the Lancing College/Shoreham flyover bit. Barely looks like a bend in the picture but the angle does come up on you if you're going too quick.

1704723925685.png

Took it a bit too fast late one evening as a young lad and very nearly skidded out. Anyone else fallen foul of this one?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
100 times this. I always love those moments just past a Toll where you feel briefly like you are in Mario Kart/Wacky Races. A juvenile thrill.
I always do this after the toll booths coming back into Canada from the US.

Not so much the other way though...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This bend just after the Southwick tunnel, going Westwards just before the Lancing College/Shoreham flyover bit. Barely looks like a bend in the picture but the angle does come up on you if you're going too quick.

View attachment 172409

Took it a bit too fast late one evening as a young lad and very nearly skidded out. Anyone else fallen foul of this one?
Probably not in the spirit of this thread, but a young lad from my cricket team had a fatal accident on the first bend at the Eastbound exit of the tunnel. Drive sensibly kids, Its not big or clever :down:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Even locally for me it has to the Breakspear Road South, where the new HS2 bridge is being built.
Traffic lights on green, you go through and come face2face with a fvckit in a road sweeper coming out of the work area, oblivious to all around.
@BrightonCottager will attest to this.
Will be doing it tonight! The Breakspear Road North out of Harefield is always good as well - I prefer it on a bike on a summer evening though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here