Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The morning after...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Last 10 games goal scored- 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1

If management cannot work out the issue from these stats then I have lost belief.

Do you honestly think they don't know that as Oscar has been on about the need to be more clinical all season, We've got the players that are capable of scoring but for some unknown reason it's just not happening for them like it did last season.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Finally a bit of gallows humour, we had a free kick in a promising position and what looked like a training ground routine was a shamble: instead of shooting or crossing, the ball is supposed to be slipped wide to Lopez, but JFC woefully underhit it and turned it into a gentle pass to a defender. The Hull fans rightly sang 'What the f**king hell was that....?' and Albion fans joined in. Rather summed up much of our performance.

That was indeed a truly awful pass which ruined a good opportunity for a shot at goal. Another example of JFC's very poor game.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Do you honestly think they don't know that as Oscar has been on about the need to be more clinical all season, We've got the players that are capable of scoring but for some unknown reason it's just not happening for them like it did last season.

Unknown reason? I reckon I can crack the mystery.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Our passing game was found out last night by good teams being able to "press us " and stop the passing . Most Premshite teams will be able to do this and expect it from 1 or two teams in the championship. Get used to it . It will happen now and again by teams that find us out . This is when we need to have the ability to switch our game plan occasionally . Gus got slated for no plan B last season !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Interesting ongoing use of the word 'embarrassing' last night and this morning - as if the first-half performance (I prefer the word 'pisspoor') was all about the poster in question's well-being and self-esteem.

Why was anyone embarrassed? Did they have anything to do with the performance?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Passing was mostly awful, and think thats the players responsibility, not OG's.

Agree with this, too many players showed poor 1st touch and gave the ball away far too easily. I felt sorry for Brez with the amount of vile abuse he received on here and twitter but he quite clearly isn't good enough.
I can't be bothered with all the negative threads on here at the mo but all I want to say is I truely believe Oscar is the right man for the job, but he needs more luck with injuries and more backing in the transfer market.
So be it if we don't go up this season, re group, let Oscar rebuild his own team in the summer and go again next year,
Oh and yes last nights 1st half was shocking, but a prem team only just beat us 2-1 at their ground after we pretty much gave them a 2 goal head start, and we hit the bar.
Although it wasn't good last night, I don't think we're that far away from lower table prem teams

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Agree with this, too many players showed poor 1st touch and gave the ball away far too easily. I felt sorry for Brez with the amount of vile abuse he received on here and twitter but he quite clearly isn't good enough.
I can't be bothered with all the negative threads on here at the mo but all I want to say is I truely believe Oscar is the right man for the job, but he needs more luck with injuries and more backing in the transfer market.
So be it if we don't go up this season, re group, let Oscar rebuild his own team in the summer and go again next year,
Oh and yes last nights 1st half was shocking, but a prem team only just beat us 2-1 at their ground after we pretty much gave them a 2 goal head start, and we hit the bar.
Although it wasn't good last night, I don't think we're that far away from lower table prem teams

Fair point. I think that says as much about the standard in the lower half of the Prem and top half of the Championship. Hull have spent a fortune compared to us, ok their latest signings are cup tied but we did compete with them over the two cup games and we could / maybe should have won at The Amex. Realistically last night's outcome was more about a poor first half by us rather than Hull tearing really us up.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The one big thing I noticed was that every time Hull got the ball BANG they were attacking!

We get it and it all seems to slow down and tends to end in lumping up to Ulloa who miss controls it!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Ok it was frustrating that we did not do ourselves more justice last night but at least we have quietly slipped out of the Cup having had a decent run.

In many ways it is better that we can now gently lick our wounds rather than have to pick up the players after suffering a really demoralising thrashing at the hands of say Man C or Liverpool......yes it would have been interesting to test ourselves against that sort of quality but I fear a first half performance like last night against really top quality Prem sides who normally score for fun could have really ended our season with huge collateral damage.

Part of me is curious how we would have approached a tie against Sunderland and would have been good to get one over Gus etc but conversely it also risked giving him the last laugh, which would have been unfortunate.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well I am glad that we won't be welcoming Gus back to the amex - it would have been a serious unnecessary distraction - to put it mildly

Only to the people who would have wanted to have made an issue of it - slavering press; people with an insatiable desire for their own form of justice and revenge against what they perceive is a personal insult. That sort of thing.

I doubt the players would have been too distracted.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Need to commit more players forward and press the opposition. We seem clueless once the ball goes over the half way line and sit way too deep.
Any team that presses us will beat us and this is becoming common knowledge.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Need to commit more players forward and press the opposition. We seem clueless once the ball goes over the half way line and sit way too deep.
Any team that presses us will beat us and this is becoming common knowledge.

I thought we did that pretty well towards the end of the game - something we did not do in the first game.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
After sleeping on it, I still think that first half last night was one of the most, gutless, , embarrassing performances I have ever witnessed. It was a all or nothing game and we set up not to lose the game, AGAIN. .....I'm sorry its time to ditch this negative, defencive, crappy mentally. We are not Barcelona or Spain so stop trying to be like them...Oscar promised us direct attacking football, time to deliver I think...Im not talking about winning every game, im talking about stop playing like we are shite scared to lose all the time....One win is better than two draws, clean sheets dont win games and if we think we are going to 1-0 our way to success. I'm afraid it's never going to happen..Enough is enough now.

I'm sure Oscar will take your comments on board, Kev.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here