Votes: 192 66.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 32 11.1%
  • Not acceptable in modern day democracy

Votes: 63 22.0%

• Total voters

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Pleasing poll results. 80% of the country is in favour too.

More scientific polls, with a fairer question, tend to show about 20/25% who admit to wanting a republic. In a nation of 48 ish million eligable voters that is, roughly, an amazing 12 million republican voters, and the royalists tend to be the older generation, so the republican total will only get bigger as time goes on.

It's worth noting that 12 million is more than voted Conservative at the last election, so it's not a bunch of unpatriotic lefties or a small lunatic fringe. Just one generation ago those numbers would probably have been in the thousands rather that the millions, it's the future, get used to it.

That aside, I honestly hope the rain keeps off and those going to street parties have a great time, this day is for you, our day will come.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It goes to show then that the 'right on' anti-monarchist lobby are completely out of touch with the general feeling amongst the British public,... and long may they stay so.

Dandyman

In London village.
It would be interesting to see this poll re-run once Liz pops her clogs and we are faced with Charlie boy as our next unelected in-bred aristo Head of State.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the monarchy is having a revival of support nowadays, and not just for the Jubilee. Much of it probably down to the way that MPs have discredited themselves in the eyes of the electorate in recent years. I mean, would you REALLY want any of these people as head of state?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Tradition, heritage and democracy working in perfect harmony. I am extremely proud of our Royal Family and it is incalculable in monetary terms just how much they generate for us in terms of our world standing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That poll is loaded. There is no option for hang them all.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I don't care. My primary loyalty is to the Pope.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What I want to know is, who do the Republicans want to replace her with?

If only Prince Andrew had become king one day.
Then we would have had our republic.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More scientific polls, with a fairer question, tend to show about 20/25% who admit to wanting a republic.

which is about the same as this poll then (22% currently). the funny thing is this is by far more support than any political party, while presidents usually win by a few % margin (crooked elections aside). I agree support will probably drop under Charles, but not much, then rise again with Will. i dont see the monarchy ending in my life time or this century.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Silly Poll, of course we should, it is what set us apart from the rest of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here