Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The moment that might just define our season

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'd rather this had been called correctly so we had 4 extra minutes to chase a winner. Maybe i'm being negative but 1 point vs 0 points probably won't make the difference in an automatic.

Ironic as I thought before the game it's about time something fortuitous went our way like other teams chasing promotion seem to get quite regularly, but no, ended up being a more favourable equaliser than the one in the 93rd minute.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I'd rather this had been called correctly so we had 4 extra minutes to chase a winner. Maybe i'm being negative but 1 point vs 0 points probably won't make the difference in an automatic.

Ironic as I thought before the game it's about time something fortuitous went our way like other teams chasing promotion seem to get quite regularly, but no, ended up being a more favourable equaliser than the one in the 93rd minute.

Maybe, but Burnley having 3 points instead of 1 point may well make a difference.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
lets just face it.......we dont finish teams off , we are just not clinical enough..........you can moan about @#nty barton and the ref till yer tits fall off but the fact remains we missed 3 golden opportunities to bury the game and we didn't do it.....the predictable withdrawal into our defensive 3rd of the pitch when hemed went off was just....predictable....wtf is wrong with wilson and wtf has kaz done...?? where are towel , harper and skalak.....?? are they any good ...?? are they pony...??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the away game they got a dodgy pen

In the home game Barton should have been sent off TWICE. We should have got a foul on Conner for their goal.

It might have been over the line bur Burnley can F u c k right off if they think they've been hard done by

Stockdale was also impeded. Whatever happened to defence being protected from fouls?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
3 mistakes by CH is going to define our season.
1. Not bringing in cover for Bong when he got injured and we were on good run.
2. Not bringing in a loan striker when we had 2 of the 4 injured and 1 of the remaining 2 not able to play up front as a loan striker.
3. Continually reducing our effectivesness by taking off a striker and sitting back, as per today, yet again.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Burnley were not interested in winning the ball as they put 2 players on Stockdale to stop him coming for the ball. This is obviously a team tactic devised by Dyche and for Keane or Mee to attack the corner.

Spot on. Right from their first corner Stcockdale pointed this out to the ref. Of course the ref continually took no action. In fact i can not remember us getting any free kicks from corners.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Annoys me that BBC etc talking about this as big moment. Had they scored this they wouldn't have been pressing for a 3rd and most likely wouldn't have got the 3rd (Burnley fan outside said exactly same). If anything it would have given us more time to push for the win. Worst decisions in the game were Barton not seeing red for BOTH incidents. Hard done by today - we were the better team by a mile!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
If the game had been played with the rules of the game applied in the first place this moment wouldn't have occurred.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Maybe, but Burnley having 3 points instead of 1 point may well make a difference.

Except that argument doesn't work because (as we saw) when they equalised, they settled for the point and we pressed them for the final two minutes. Which would have been how it went had that been correctly given as a goal.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Except that argument doesn't work because (as we saw) when they equalised, they settled for the point and we pressed them for the final two minutes. Which would have been how it went had that been correctly given as a goal.

I never said they were going to win, merely that in the scheme of the promotion race, there was a big difference between 1 point or 0 points, due to the game being a 'six pointer.'

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
3. Continually reducing our effectiveness by taking off a striker and sitting back, as per today, yet again.

I call this the % game and it nearly cost us at MK Dons but for the fact they missed the penalty and did cost us today.

Very high risk we should go for the resounding win

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
3 mistakes by CH is going to define our season.
3. Continually reducing our effectivesness by taking off a striker and sitting back, as per today, yet again.

If this has indeed cost us points on 6 or 7 occasions when taking off a striker has NOT had the desired effect of preventing the opposition scoring an equaliser or winner, then CH needs to have a long hard look at his tactics. The stats are there for him to analyse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here