Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Moan-In Travelling Back From The Parade - Official Thread

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great day. Was in the queue for 2 1/2 hours to get into zone A ( was unsure what time the gates opened ) and the only pisser was the fecking queue jumpers for which the stewards would do nothing. Caused a few arguments along the line. Ho hum, the rest of the day more than made up for it.

I told two queue jumpers to leave the queue, they did. My son said his mate and his Dad tried to sneak in, but were told in no uncertain terms by others to clear off. True what you say, so it had to be self policed.

Didn't detract from a great event that will live in the memory.

So many youngsters / young adults there, the future is rosey for SUSSEX based football.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
You didn't hear the trumpets then

I have this ability to tune out my wife when she goes on and on. That ability came in very handy today with all those trumpets, horns and whistles. That and the very loud sound system from which I was standing about 20 foot away from.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Was opposite buddies to start with. Walked with the bus all the way to the lawns. Got in to zone A, not the best spot but still an alright one. Stayed until the end. Went to The Sussex for a pint then walked up to Hove Station, straight through and on to a train (just after 9) and home about 9.20. Cracking day out and nothing to moan about!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thought it'd be a nightmare getting back, jumped in a cab within 5 mins of walking out of the mix

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Super sunny Sunday. Loitered by the Grand. Impressive ride of mods on scooters stopped right by to strike the pose. Buses followed shortly after. Plenty of room for everybody to get a great view. Walked up to M&S and got a 5B home after a wait of about, oh, five seconds. I'll not be disappointed with any of that.

MongoJerry

Mar 23, 2013
Surprised I was able to park in Norton Rd, arriving at 4.30 and easy getting out. In zone A. Brilliant tunes and footage of the season. Plenty of extra toilets. Very well organised. I absolutely loved it with my 8 year old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Thought it'd be a nightmare getting back, jumped in a cab within 5 mins of walking out of the mix

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Did the same, flagged down a 6 seater at the bottom of George street and were home to portslade in 10 mins:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Left zone A at the end, strolled up to Church Road, and got on a bus within minutes. No problems at all.
Did have to queue for 2.5 hours to get into the zone, but after that, everything was great.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I had a bloody lovely day and I've just got home:thumbsup:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It was Mother's Day here so we went to pub/restaurant, I checked out this thread, viewed the short vids and the pics.
It looks like a good time was had by all, a few weeks to get over it and then training for the Premier League title.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wonderful day. Only moan was that I no longer have the same bladder control I had in my 20s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I got sprayed by Solly March shaking a can of beer at the crowd. They weren't even supplied with champagne.

Barber out!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I got sprayed by Solly March shaking a can of beer at the crowd. They weren't even supplied with champagne.

Barber out!

The players had a bottle each on the stage. It was all aimed at Chris Hughton. Steve Sidwell did spray the front rows with champers when he came on for his interview.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
QUOTE OF THE DAY Stick with me for this.
I took my Mum, two eldest Daughters & Grand Daughter. One Daughter has zero interest in football but was enjoying the day out and even waved a flag.
We were in zone B watching the team coming out on stage. First was TB and co. Next was the Manager. Then the players.
Quietly from next to me came a voice from uninterested Daughter "Oh no, not one at a time".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here