Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Minute's Silence...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When we were at Old Trafford there was a minute silence, someone said something to which this person turned round and said the loudest shuuuusshhhhh. Followed by most around laughing

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I wondered what they’d have done had the news of Bobby Charlton's death been announced in the morning rather than at half time. As I’ve opined here before, these minute silences have got totally out of hand.
Fergus time, 5 minutes silence.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wondered what they’d have done had the news of Bobby Charlton's death been announced in the morning rather than at half time. As I’ve opined here before, these minute silences have got totally out of hand.
Hmmm....airport security measures, where little old white ladies are X rayed in case the are carrying Islamic terrorist bombs is, to my tiny mind, totally out of hand.

A minute's respectful silence however (which is usually only 30 seconds, and is often applause)....

Have you spotted that some of the silences are going on for 65 seconds, or more?

Perhaps if you screamed for a policeman this outrage could be dealt with.

Over to you :thumbsup:

(I agree that having a pre match tribute may seem a bit odd. New, even. But I'm not all that concerned that our clubs pay tribute to their own.)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Funny that…plenty of tossers shouting during the minutes silence
Errr ..... yes. That's why I thought minutes silences were replaced by minutes applause. Because of c*tish prats wanting to hear their pathetic and unwanted voice on the tele.

Scum ..........................

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Errr ..... yes. That's why I thought minutes silences were replaced by minutes applause. Because of c*tish prats wanting to hear their pathetic and unwanted voice on the tele.

Scum ..........................
Yeh, I meant at City on Saturday specifically

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I presume, quite rightly, there will be a minutes something for the Everton chairman at their next home game, which is us.
Regarding Gerry Ryan, applause please.
As for the silence on the radio, they used to cut away from it because if the transmitter gets no signal for 30 seconds or more it automaticaly puts out a piece of music. I think they've now overcome this problem simply because there are so many tributes every week.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I presume, quite rightly, there will be a minutes something for the Everton chairman at their next home game, which is us.
Regarding Gerry Ryan, applause please.
As for the silence on the radio, they used to cut away from it because if the transmitter gets no signal for 30 seconds or more it automaticaly puts out a piece of music. I think they've now overcome this problem simply because there are so many tributes every week.
They wont have silence for Kenwright, one, he was a luvvy so applause is more apt, two, there will always be some dickhead at Goodison to give us an aforementioned 'Codner Moment'.

I'm hoping Gerry has applause on Thursday, initially I understand the club thought UEFA would have all kinds of rules and regs but clearly Sir Bobby's sad passing has run a waggon and horses through any potential legislation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here