Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The milk debate

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Skimmed and semi-skimmed. Probably get through 8 pints of each in a week in our house (3 adults). Generally bought in 2-pint containers as they fit in the fridge door easier.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Can't remember the last time I saw a milkman
What is this 'milk-man' you speak of?

To answer the question, I'm a semi skimmed kinda guy but we've usually got full, semi and skimmed in the house due to differing diets, ages and personal taste.

Anyone know what the purple tops are?

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
2 pints of skimmed a week, only really use it for tea (can't stand milky tea) and occasional mashed potato

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sainsburys used to sell milk in a bag with a jug to transfer it to but havent seen them for some time,but then again havent looked,.so perhaps that is the way forward instead of a bag of peas you get a bag of milk,.
We discontinued those last year due to poor sales after strong sales when first introduced.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Semi-skimmed is most popular, followed by whole then skimmed. 1% milk sales are picking up but as a relative newbie it holds the question of whether it's here to stay

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Organic semi-skimmed; 4 pints.

About 4 years ago I read something about semi-skimmed containing far fewer vitamins than full fat. I managed to convince myself that I was losing out on vitamins and therefore needed to return to full fat. I did so for two years. Then, I reasoned that it was probably healthier on balance to return to semi-skimmed. :shrug:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Semi-skimmed 4 pinters. I generally get through 8-10 pints a week just by myself. If my 2 teenage sons are here then could be double that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here