Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Met Police at the end

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yeah it was sad. You can't even blame the defeat for it as most of this was going on before kick off.

Yes and congratulations to the neaderthals for throwing plastic bottles on the pitch, I assume we will be fined for that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There were a number of utter, utter dickheads around yesterday on our side. Can't speak for Palace as I didn't really see them, but if you were one of the twats trying to get through to the Palace section on the concourse at half time, you are absolutely pathetic. I got caught in that as unfortunately the women's toilets were at that end of the concourse. All of a sudden loads of morons piled up to that end, screaming, shouting & attempting to give it the large one to the police, stewards and any home fans they could get close to (except of course if the gate had gone & they'd actually ended up in the home end, they wouldn't have been nearly as bold no doubt). Groups of supposed adults trying to punch stewards & police who were doing nothing apart from trying to hold the line. No doubt they'll be the same ones whinging that the Met were over the top in baton-charging them back a few minutes later.

I ended up on the other side of the line, trying to look after a terrified 12 year old lad who'd simply come down on to the concourse to use the toilet at half time, and had found himself stuck in the middle of that bunch of morons. Imagine how frightening it must be for a 4ft-something kid to be right in the middle of forty or so grown men fighting? The poor lad was physically shaking and had tears in his eyes. His dad was somewhere back in the seats, presumably unaware. I tried ringing him but couldn't get an answer amid all the noise & mayhem going on around. And before any smart arse says Dad shouldn't have brought a 12 year old to a game: why the hell shouldn't he? Why should a football match be off limits to groups of people just because a collection of knuckle draggers want a day out?

Edward (or his Dad) if you're reading this, I hope you managed to find each other quickly and you're not put off coming to football again. Most people are decent enough, and it's a shame there's still that idiot few who turn up occasionally. To the idiots: I hope you're all proud of yourselves. And I hope that if you end up being picked out at a later stage by CCTV or whatever, you don't come on here sniffling about how unfair it all is if you get banned :nono:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There were a number of utter, utter dickheads around yesterday on our side. Can't speak for Palace as I didn't really see them, but if you were one of the twats trying to get through to the Palace section on the concourse at half time, you are absolutely pathetic. I got caught in that as unfortunately the women's toilets were at that end of the concourse. All of a sudden loads of morons piled up to that end, screaming, shouting & attempting to give it the large one to the police, stewards and any home fans they could get close to (except of course if the gate had gone & they'd actually ended up in the home end, they wouldn't have been nearly as bold no doubt). Groups of supposed adults trying to punch stewards & police who were doing nothing apart from trying to hold the line. No doubt they'll be the same ones whinging that the Met were over the top in baton-charging them back a few minutes later.

I ended up on the other side of the line, trying to look after a terrified 12 year old lad who'd simply come down on to the concourse to use the toilet at half time, and had found himself stuck in the middle of that bunch of morons. Imagine how frightening it must be for a 4ft-something kid to be right in the middle of forty or so grown men fighting? The poor lad was physically shaking and had tears in his eyes. His dad was somewhere back in the seats, presumably unaware. I tried ringing him but couldn't get an answer amid all the noise & mayhem going on around. And before any smart arse says Dad shouldn't have brought a 12 year old to a game: why the hell shouldn't he? Why should a football match be off limits to groups of people just because a collection of knuckle draggers want a day out?

Edward (or his Dad) if you're reading this, I hope you managed to find each other quickly and you're not put off coming to football again. Most people are decent enough, and it's a shame there's still that idiot few who turn up occasionally. To the idiots: I hope you're all proud of yourselves. And I hope that if you end up being picked out at a later stage by CCTV or whatever, you don't come on here sniffling about how unfair it all is if you get banned :nono:

Edna, thank you.

That was my son, and yes he was greatly shaken up by the whole experience.

I kept him close by me all the way to the ground yesterday, and back home. I guess I thought that once inside the ground a 12 year old should be safe enough to go to the loo on his own. Obviously not. Some bloody idiots who clearly care only for themselves and their own hard image decided to cause mayhem. To those that did it. Next time, think about those others around you - on both sides of that gate there were men, women and children that just wanted to see a game of football - most people are not at the game with the express purpose of causing fear, they are there to support their team.

At half time after a few minutes of not returning from the loo I was seriously worried. I knew something wasn't right and searched the stand. Thankfully I got a message on my phone and the stewards there were great in helping me trace him. These are the self same stewards we attack for doing their job at the Amex.

So, how has it affected my son? Well he's fine, thanks to people like Edna and the stewards that did everything they could to look after him (something that others should have been thinking of as well.) He will continue to go to away games, because thankfully he knows that these idiots are the mindless minority. That is what I have taught him. My fear is this. I see too much of the mindless minority at away games. We all need to grow up.

I've always told Ed that if you want to find trouble at an away game then you'll find it. If you want to steer clear of it then you'll be safe. Yesterday he got a lesson that even that maxim isn't true.

God knows what would have happened if Edna and co had not been there and he had been truly hurt. Which big man amongst our side would be the first to step forward and admit that they had been responsible for seriously hurting an innocent a 12 year old?

Edna, thank you. I've also written to Palace and the Albion to pass on my thanks to their stewards. It's good for them to know when they've done a first rate job.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
How quickly situations change from smiles and light hearted banter with the police to bad feeling and anger. I was at the very front of the group being corralled back to Norwood and I saw old bill throwing a few punches at people in the front row and one brave little soldier with a face mask on brazenly goading one of my mates and offering him out for a fight. The lack of communication was appalling and contrary to some reports I saw little damage being done apart from a couple of bins going over. it would have been completely idiotic but I remember thinking how little damage was being done to cars and such considering how angry and chaotic the situation had become

Apr 12, 2011
Glad to hear your son was okay in the end, well done to Edna and the stewards. For a large part of yesterday I was ashamed to be a Seagulls fan and be associated with the seemingly huge number of idiots who call themselves supporters of our club. There is nothing wrong with rivalry, banter and having a bit of a laugh, that's what it's all about. But when that becomes mindless violence and vandalism then that steps over the line. I had no idea about the trouble in the concourse at the time but 30 odd seats in our area alone were being stamped on, jumped on and kicked off, mainly by immature teenagers who clearly weren't there for the football. I had a go at one of them in front of my and reminded him that our club has to pay for the damage but he couldn't care less. One of them was attempting to stuff a seat in his bag and down the front of his hoodie. People gobbing everywhere, kicking bins over and I saw a few wing mirrors hanging off too.

For what it's worth the policing afterwards seemed big in numbers but to me at least, appeared to do a very good job. Kept us waiting, but we were told to expect that anyway so I don't know what people are moaning at. They held us for about 20-30 mins and we were told to expect up to 90 mins so I think we did quite well.

Forgetting the football which clearly wasn't good anyway, not a good day for the image of our club and SHAME ON YOU to anyone who was involved in it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Edna, thank you. I've also written to Palace and the Albion to pass on my thanks to their stewards. It's good for them to know when they've done a first rate job.

You're very welcome. Happy to hear he's alright now, the phone message was probably a bit garbled so sorry about that :lolol:

The irony, of course, is that Ed, at twelve, seems immeasurably more grown up than a lot of the so-called adults he found himself surrounded by on that concourse. Hope to see him enjoying a game again soon :thumbsup:

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Glad to hear your son was okay in the end, well done to Edna and the stewards. For a large part of yesterday I was ashamed to be a Seagulls fan and be associated with the seemingly huge number of idiots who call themselves supporters of our club. There is nothing wrong with rivalry, banter and having a bit of a laugh, that's what it's all about. But when that becomes mindless violence and vandalism then that steps over the line. I had no idea about the trouble in the concourse at the time but 30 odd seats in our area alone were being stamped on, jumped on and kicked off, mainly by immature teenagers who clearly weren't there for the football. I had a go at one of them in front of my and reminded him that our club has to pay for the damage but he couldn't care less. One of them was attempting to stuff a seat in his bag and down the front of his hoodie. People gobbing everywhere, kicking bins over and I saw a few wing mirrors hanging off too.

For what it's worth the policing afterwards seemed big in numbers but to me at least, appeared to do a very good job. Kept us waiting, but we were told to expect that anyway so I don't know what people are moaning at. They held us for about 20-30 mins and we were told to expect up to 90 mins so I think we did quite well.

Forgetting the football which clearly wasn't good anyway, not a good day for the image of our club and SHAME ON YOU to anyone who was involved in it.

A lady I work with phone me to say her mirror had been ripped off & her daughters & neighbours cars had been kicked in, they just live there, they aren't even Palace supporters. I advised her to send the bill to the Amex to be paid.

palace2

Jan 21, 2010
I would of loved to see them try it at half time if they was in the holmesdale funny how they try start with a small block of palace fans and abuse the FAMILY stand cowards

I saw bad and stupid behaviour on both sides yesterday.
I left with my two mates and 71 year old Dad yesterday when the third goal went in only to be stopped from going to Norwood Junction by the Met. Their stupidity in not letting fans leave early to get to Norwood then caused some equally stupid Albion fans to charge the line after 5 mins. There's me looking for my old man who has a walking stick to see if he's been pushed over in the surge; thankfully he was okay and only had his hat and glasses knocked off.
Then more stupid behaviour by Albion fans kicking off wing mirrors.
Spoke with some lads on the train who left early like us who were advised they couldn't go to Thornton Heath by a Met police officer as one of them would "get his head kicked in"! You sure? With fifteen minutes still left to play? 99% of Palace are going to be inside lauding it over their rivals and hoping to see more goals.
I can't help thinking that perhaps if the Met had let us through initially there may not have been as much trouble.
I also find it amazing how poles apart the Met and Sussex Police are in their attitude to football fans.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I would of loved to see them try it at half time if they was in the holmesdale funny how they try start with a small block of palace fans and abuse the FAMILY stand cowards

Here's some punctuation characters, feel free to use them.
,.,..?!,:;'.,

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Some complete idiots around yesterday. smashing wing mirrors, banging on cars with people inside on the walk back, goading the police. We were right at the front on the walk back, didn't get punched, didn't get any grief; why? because i wasnt being a tit. Tried to calm a couple of our fans down but was like talking to a brick wall. Some total turd brains out yesterday.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

"The family stand cowards" . That is a bit harsh.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
A few twats on the train had the wooden seats as souvenirs. Not quite sure what you would do with them but each their own. Didn't really see any trouble mainly because we kept our heads down and didn't drink ourselves silly. I also left early yesterday 82nd minute I think and was back home by 6.15pm.

phatsam99

Jul 6, 2011
I was near the frontline and was pushed into all the police had one guy grab I'm jumper and use me to get through the police once it started you couldn't get out of the front and the police could see half of us had our hands up and that we was getting push yet they still started on us. Met police = jumped up *****

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Never saw what went on at half time as I could not be arsed to queue up. Discraceful if true and truely scary for a 12 year old kid who was just going for a piss. We do have some complete mongs who follow our team..........Definately sure it would not have been season ticket holders runing the risk of getting banned, but the band of strokers who follow us to such games.

Nothing gives us the right to now complain about the behaviour of Millwall, Leeds or Palace when they come to our place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here