Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The medical profession are amazing

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Thankfully not, the last time birdman had his leg in plaster we did millwall away back on that orrible day in the 70's:rolleyes:

Hope your mum is making a good recovery footski:thumbsup:

Thanks mate. I've been away from nsc for a while.

Mum is making a slow but reassuring steady recovery. Six week's ago i said good bye to my mum and that was the hardest thing I've ever done but that pain is easily matched by joy on the day she said hello.

We are already talking about her return to home which the professionals think is a reality.

We all have a long journey but we take all the positivity from her rate of recovery and we thank all involved in saving her life, like i said these people are truly amazing.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
More support for our NHS staff from myself, I had a very frightening experience last weekend when my granddaughter collapsed and stopped breathing and they were all absolutely brilliant from the operator on the phone who talked me through what to do, The emergency response staff who got here in record time and the staff at A&E. I thanked them all personally and I'd also like to give massive praise and thanks to everybody who works in this profession, you do a truly amazing job.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must tell everybody and those who wished her well that my 3 year old granddaughter Keira has been allowed ouit of her iosolation after her bone marrow transplant and my wife and I went to Royal Marsden today to see her. My grateful thanks to the bone marrow donor, the medical staff and all on here who wished her well nothing can knock me down this evening

Latest update is that she is now home and recovering well and The Argus have printed a picture and article about her in todays paper makes relegation seem a minor issue. She is to be the face of Cancer Research for 2015.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Latest update is that she is now home and recovering well and The Argus have printed a picture and article about her in todays paper makes relegation seem a minor issue. She is to be the face of Cancer Research for 2015.

Absolutely delighted for you and your family, BG. As much as a lot of us have disagreements on here, this kind of news makes it all seem insignificant. I'll be raising a glass to you all this evening.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Great news BG and thanks for the update. Best wishes to your family and I hope 2015 brings good health and happiness to you and yours :thumbsup:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ah, I think I've just sussed out what your post means - referring to an earlier conversation about stoma stuff, eh ? Had me foxed for a while.

Pretty much, yes. I'm essentially still going with the set up I had within a couple of weeks of leaving hosoital, I can just do it better now. Kept it simple, one-piece bag plus extra adhesive to get it to stick to me beter. Still get the occassional leak, but doesn't really bother me any more, you just learn that it's going to happen, just deal with it. I guess my biggest concern at the mo is that I go in hospital transport cars 6 times a week and dread having a bag leak while in a strangers car.

Spoke with my surgeon last month, do I'm now on the waiting list for the op to reverse this stoma and they think will be done by the end of the year. Thst'll be great but I suspect new problems will come as a result of this, but we'll deal with them when I get to them.

The other big issue - apsrt from the cancer, which is big enough - I am no discussing with the hospitsl to do my kidney dislysis at home. Getting to do that is quite a process - 6 weeks training of putting needles in my oen arm, but if I can do thst at home I get more of my life back and maybe able to work again.

So, after a traumatic year of bowel cancer plus kidney failure (and redundancy), if the cancer is confirmed clear and I can do dialysis at home in my own time, it's not a bad result #quitehappybunny.

Hope you get better soon...as regards dialysis,you have CAPD at home...which involves a small tube in the belly wall on one side...you have a machine that looks like a video recorder...you connect a bag of fluid on the machine and your dialysis is done over night...was on it for 4 years and was lucky enough to get a transplant...after 16 years it is beginning to wear out,but really thankful it has kept me off dialysis....so soul destroying. Good luck.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Best news I've heard for a while. Good wishes to all BG.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
0576116f37f874e08035393ead913842.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry to keep on but I am so proud of Keira my grand daughter. She has a front page photo on the Mid Sussex Times and her story was reported on Bright FM this morning as an ispiration to others. Apparently the form of cancer affects about 5 victims per year so the chance of contacting it is much the same as winning the lottery.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry to keep on but I am so proud of Keira my grand daughter. She has a front page photo on the Mid Sussex Times and her story was reported on Bright FM this morning as an ispiration to others. Apparently the form of cancer affects about 5 victims per year so the chance of contacting it is much the same as winning the lottery.

http://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/news/local/in-this-week-s-mid-sussex-times-1-6453573

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/local/11642370.Brave_girl_beats_rare_form_of_cancer/

Here'e the links BG.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It's lovely to hear such nice things about the NHS. All to often we are just told we are lazy/neglectful/uncaring.

Thank you.
:)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's lovely to hear such nice things about the NHS. All to often we are just told we are lazy/neglectful/uncaring.

Thank you.
:)

Far from it in my view both my grand daughter at Queens Alex, Royal Marsden and St Georges Tooting and my self at Royal Surrey Guildford with our respective cancer treatment have been treated efficiently with courtesy and compassion and no amount of money could have provided us with better treatment and care. I always maintain the NHS is great when you are ill and it is needed but is abused by people with a cold and looking to skive.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
best wishes to everyone who has posted on this thread for whatever reason...the NHS in England is unsurpassed for the care they provide....my wife is a Grade 8 nurse here in OZ , these people are SPECIAL , they don't do the job for the money , they do it because they want to help people....!! respect,congrats and good luck to those who are recovering..!! :wave:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Mu neice is a nurse in A&E at RSCH. £21,000 pa. The work she does it unbeleiveable at a tender age of only 23. They should be paid significantly more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My neice is a nurse in A&E at RSCH. £21,000 pa. The work she does it unbeleiveable at a tender age of only 23. They should be paid significantly more.
Dont think anybody would argue with that .

My eldest son went out with a girl for some years who worked in ICU at what was Epsom District now renamed Epsom General but she didnt work for NHS she was with an agency doing the same job and earning 33 -50% more than if she was employed by NHS. Something is drastically wrong for that to be possible.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Going into prh for minor op next week! :rolleyes:

Good luck with that.

Mum has been there for about 13 weeks now and still my opinion on the great work they do has not changed.

Some of the patients have issues that make them quite intolerable to be around but the staff keep doing what they do best. Tolerance,respect and dignity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here