Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The medical profession are amazing

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Thanks for the nice comments. Mum is very ill and did not react well when they tried to wake her so they sedated her and she rested today and we will try again tomorrow. I feel she's at the right place with the best we have.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thanks for the nice comments. Mum is very ill and did not react well when they tried to wake her so they sedated her and she rested today and we will try again tomorrow. I feel she's at the right place with the best we have.

Best wishes for your mum's recovery. I always maintain the NHS is the greatest invention of the twentieth century, and the skills and care of the people who work there is inspirational.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

My dad was so well looked after, and so happy to be where he was when very ill in hospital. Good luck to you and your mum, hope she wakes up happy tomorrow. As you say, she's in the best possible place.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
RSCH seem to have sorted my bowel cancer very eficiently, so I'm v.happy with medics at the moment. In fact
I am most of he time, I have to see enough of them, there are very few I would class as being bad.

In fact I'm sitting in RSCH now as I type this, hooked up to a dialysis machine for 4 hours.

Good to hear you are doing ok. Did you get various bits of kit sorted out?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I always maintain the NHS is the greatest invention of the twentieth century, and the skills and care of the people who work there is inspirational.

Absolutely this.

I've thankfully only really needed them once, when my lung spontaneously collapsed itself, but I have nothing but praise for the way I was treated and looked after through the whole process.

Best wishes to FOOTSKI's Mum, I'm sure she's in the very best of hands.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
My mum had a massive bleed on the brain on Friday and was rushed to Eastbourne DGH, and she is now at Hayward heath.

I really didn't realise how incredibly these people are.

If you are in the medical profession I genuinely bow to your professionalism, you are amazing.

Nice to see this, thank you, we do all try mate.
hope your Mum is ok.
PB

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
Speaking as an American, eventually you will.
The same sleep-walking, profit-worshiping, cheesparing approach that has led the UK to embrace our seriously broken post-secondary education funding model will eventually lead to something similar happening to the provision of medical care.

All the while here in the US the more advanced students of the issue have come to reject the model we have under the status quo.

Look, just because we do something, doesn't mean you should too.
I mean, look what we did to beer. And The Office.
Just don't go there.

This is kind of interesting I thought...

health graph.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have nothing but praise for Queen Alexandras Childrens Hospital Brighton and Royal Marsden at Sutton who have attended to my 4 year old grand daughter with her leukaemia. Glad to say she had her bone marrow transplant on Friday and although poorly is responding exactly as the Marsden predicted. Mention must be made of the bone marrow donor who wishes to remain anonymous all we know is he is 29 years old, an athlete who has never smoked or drank alcohol. If any body is considering doing something worthwhile go and see your GP and get tested to join the Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow Trust list of donors.

I must tell everybody and those who wished her well that my 3 year old granddaughter Keira has been allowed ouit of her iosolation after her bone marrow transplant and my wife and I went to Royal Marsden today to see her. My grateful thanks to the bone marrow donor, the medical staff and all on here who wished her well nothing can knock me down this evening

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Good to hear you are doing ok. Did you get various bits of kit sorted out?

Ah, I think I've just sussed out what your post means - referring to an earlier conversation about stoma stuff, eh ? Had me foxed for a while.

Pretty much, yes. I'm essentially still going with the set up I had within a couple of weeks of leaving hosoital, I can just do it better now. Kept it simple, one-piece bag plus extra adhesive to get it to stick to me beter. Still get the occassional leak, but doesn't really bother me any more, you just learn that it's going to happen, just deal with it. I guess my biggest concern at the mo is that I go in hospital transport cars 6 times a week and dread having a bag leak while in a strangers car.

Spoke with my surgeon last month, do I'm now on the waiting list for the op to reverse this stoma and they think will be done by the end of the year. Thst'll be great but I suspect new problems will come as a result of this, but we'll deal with them when I get to them.

The other big issue - apsrt from the cancer, which is big enough - I am no discussing with the hospitsl to do my kidney dislysis at home. Getting to do that is quite a process - 6 weeks training of putting needles in my oen arm, but if I can do thst at home I get more of my life back and maybe able to work again.

So, after a traumatic year of bowel cancer plus kidney failure (and redundancy), if the cancer is confirmed clear and I can do dialysis at home in my own time, it's not a bad result #quitehappybunny.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry. A bit cryptic on reflection! Glad to hear of your progress. Some challenges ahead as well but sounds like you are in the right mindset to face them. Good luck!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Found out a couple of very surprising things today. Granddaughter is progressing as expected and hopefully will be home in the next 2 weeks but yesterday son and his wife had to go to a pre discharge meeting.

She will be under Royal Marsden until she is 18 years old and they gave them a run down of what she can and cannot eat etc for the next couple of years, Top of the No way was KFC, she cannot have anything cooked or heated in a microwave oven, no reheated food whatsoever. McDonalds or other fast food -if -it is cooked for her and given to her immediately it is cooked so no fish and chips from chippie if kept hot. Can only eat out if the restaurant has a rating of 5 or more. Most surprising no bottled water or pre bought ice only water from the tap or ice made from tap water as apparently other water is not as pure. This contradicts many peoples thoughts I would think. The good thing is she is well on the road to recovery and although she has days when she is down it is what the hospital want and expect as they can remedy her down turns.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Good news [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION], good to hear she is doing better. And as for the fact she cannot eat KFC/Mc Donalds, surley this is a bonus for her!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here