Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Mash Report Axed

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's good on Mash Report and comedy does need a variety of political viewpoints to be relevant. But did you see that documentary series? Jesus Christ.

I did. He is so proud to be working class and right wing and bangs on about it constantly to anyone who’ll listen but he also believes that the route to all evil is middle class people having left leaning views, he just ****ing hates them. He represents that age old right wing dogma that we’re all inherently selfish and living life looking after number 1 but only the right wing are honest enough to admit it whilst those on the left are bleating hypocrites, because deep down, they don’t really care about social and economical injustices just like him.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Nish Kumar is basically so left of left wing , he makes Corbyn look reasonable. For that reason I’m pleased his show was cancelled .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m centre-left and found the show painfully unfunny.

The Mash Report should be right up my comedy street - I’ve loved virtually every other satire/parody of the news, politics or civil service.

So when it started, I tuned in expecting comedy heaven.

Instead, imho it’s just boring and unfunny. I actually felt sorry for Nish Kumar, as it’s a car crash.

YouGov sampled GenX and found it 281st on their current popularity list.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Somewhat ironically, some of the funniest comedy characters have been those that are clearly of a right-wing persuasion, from Alf Garnett to Alan B'Stard, Al Murray The Pub Landlord to Alan Partridge.

I feel I may have been whooshed twice in one day, but in for a penny....

*cough* these are all parodies *cough*

I'll get my coat.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I did. He is so proud to be working class and right wing and bangs on about it constantly to anyone who’ll listen but he also believes that the route to all evil is middle class people having left leaning views, he just ****ing hates them.

Spot on - pretty much a more erudite version of the Bear Pit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Mash Report should be right up my comedy street - I’ve loved virtually every other satire/parody of the news, politics or civil service.

So when it started, I tuned in expecting comedy heaven.

Instead, imho it’s just boring and unfunny. I actually felt sorry for Nish Kumar, as it’s a car crash.

YouGov sampled GenX and found it 281st on their current popularity list.

I agree, and I'm a sad old lefty. Unwatchable shite.

Mind you I find Kumar hilarious* on Task Master (I've been binging UK Play on Catch Up); he always comes last and ****s up every task like a total prat, then screams and giggles with embarrassment.

*Did I mention I may have been laughing at him rather than with him?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did. He is so proud to be working class and right wing and bangs on about it constantly to anyone who’ll listen but he also believes that the route to all evil is middle class people having left leaning views, he just ****ing hates them. He represents that age old right wing dogma that we’re all inherently selfish and living life looking after number 1 but only the right wing are honest enough to admit it whilst those on the left are bleating hypocrites, because deep down, they don’t really care about social and economical injustices just like him.

Someone find him and lock him in a room with me. I love talking with people who know better than I do about what I really think, and why I think it.

"You're only saying that because you're a middle class lefty"

"You're only saying that because you're a ****"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree, and I'm a sad old lefty. Unwatchable shite.

Mind you I find Kumar hilarious* on Task Master (I've been binging UK Play on Catch Up); he always comes last and ****s up every task like a total prat, then screams and giggles with embarrassment.

*Did I mention I may have been laughing at him rather than with him?

I was interested to know your thoughts, as we seemed to have adored the same comedies of the last 40 years.

God it’s unfunny.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Mash Report is being replaced by Political Mastermind.

A lavish BBC production filmed exclusively in the #10 Downing Street TV studio, where each week for an hour of primetime viewing, Laura Kuenssberg will ask Boris Johnson 2 rounds of 20 questions. The first group from the public and the second group from the BBC.

The aim of the quiz is for Boris Johnson not to answer as many questions as possible. Bonus points will be awarded for catchphrases each week, such as 'world leading track and trace' 'We are building 40 new hospitals'

While filmed live the BBC is expecting Boris Johnson to win every week, so that they can keep the licence fee income.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
To be fair, I have found Norcott to be generally likeable and funny. Unlike Manning, Davidson and Tarbuck!

Putting politics aside, Manning, Davidson and Tarbuck have all made me laugh at least once at some point in their careers. Unlike Northcott who is a hack with an angle. The Mash Report was patchy. Some of the bits between Nish & Rachel Parris have been very good, some very forced. The news readers have had a few good gags and the report parodies have usually been awful. It has had enough time to find its feet and its still not strong enough to be appointment viewing even for us lefties. Now if the BBC could be braver and rather than a light entertainment Daily Show, made a British Last Week Tonight, that would be my licence fee well spent.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
In the bits I've seen Rachel Parris was the one bright light in amongst a load of mediocrity. Some of it was just painful.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel I may have been whooshed twice in one day, but in for a penny....

*cough* these are all parodies *cough*

I'll get my coat.

As a matter of interest, do you like Stewart Lee?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The liberal left, Guardian reading, woke set should be comedy gold for any self-respecting non-pc comedian as they are so far up their own backsides even colonic irrigation couldn't extract them.

Hopefully, something better will replace this very average and predictable show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here