Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Marseille variant?

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I think we're past that, aren't we? Pretty sure I would have travelled if I'd have had Covid. Trying to contain that virus as a society finished a long time ago.
Thanks to this, Long Covid is still ruining lives.

Having seen my partner's life devastated by Long Covid, I won't ever knowingly spread it.

I'd have been utterly gutted, heartbroken even. But I wouldn't have travelled. This will be the same for Amsterdam and Athens too.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I was there four days for four days, returned with no cold, Covid or mozzie bites.

I really hope that no-one was selfish enough to travel knowing that they had Covid, but I appreciate that's naïvely optimistic.
Can you imagine that though, the excitement, getting tickets, managing to finance and arrange travel and then.......... I was worried about that and kept away from people even more than usual before the trip. Not sure what I'd have (of) done - wear a mask and hope it clears? Who tests these days either, many would have thought it was just a cold I'm sure

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Can you imagine that though, the excitement, getting tickets, managing to finance and arrange travel and then.......... I was worried about that and kept away from people even more than usual before the trip. Not sure what I'd have (of) done - wear a mask and hope it clears? Who tests these days either, many would have thought it was just a cold I'm sure
It would have been so disappointing. But I just ordered two new boxes of in-date tests for whenever I get any sort of bug.

I accept some people will feel this is OTT, but perhaps they've been luckier as regards to those close to them being affected.

BHANSC

May 10, 2022

Having seen my partner's life devastated by Long Covid, I won't ever knowingly spread it.

I'd have been utterly gutted, heartbroken even. But I wouldn't have travelled. This will be the same for Amsterdam and Athens too.
COVID is no different to a cold

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Must admit I've felt really tired and a bit run down since returning early Saturday and was just thinking it was lack of sleep.
Same for me. I think it is more likely lack of sleep though. Travel is always exhausting, I did Marseille to St Pancras (via Paris) by train in a day. Had about 6 hours sleep across my two nights in France (Wed/Thurs) and then got stuck on a number of rail replacement busses on Sunday. That's not to mention having to stand in a concrete square for 2 and a half hours in 27 degree heat then spend another 40 mins with minimal oxygen on a cramped bus as well. A gruelling (but worth it) trip - I'm happy to put it down to overdoing it rather than a bug/virus.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I had a stinking cold/ covid when I went out to Marseille but got rid of it out there I think. Sneezing on the plane out there, in La Joliette square, on the coach to the ground, in the beer queue, in the ground, waiting for the coach (2 hrs) 🙄

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
COVID is no different to a cold
Thought we were past all of that crap. It's factually very very different to a cold and that comment is completely insensitive to @Ratso2005's legitimate concerns based on personal experience. Talk about trying to derail what was a pretty decent conversation.

Try the bear pit next time.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I didn't mean to steer this into a tiresome Covid debate either, although the thread title sort of implied a connection.

I appreciate many have completely 'moved on' and I totally understand that. I only wish my partner (and her elderly auntie who died from Covid) could have been allowed to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Really sorry to hear that - I know that its hit some people really hard and that those that think its nothing may well find out there's damage to lungs etc. It's only starting to re-appear in peoples conciousness again though so very few (including me) are testing these days unless it feels way worse than a cold

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your partner. I have a good friend who had a really bad time with long Covid as well, although he seems to have come through it now. But for something that seems to be as common as a common cold at certain times of the year, I do think it is unrealistic for millions of people to put their lives on hold every time they get it, especially after the sacrifices people made for years with it. If it was in any way a realistic strategy to try and curb the spread then it might be different, but sadly it isn't, the genie is out of the bottle. It's just become one more thing that you can die from, and the world is a little bit more dangerous than it was pre-2020.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There's a lot of it about. I felt a bit rough on the day of the Villa game - nothing out of the ordinary but a lot worse by Sunday. Wiped me out for the best part of 6 days. Turned out to be COVID and by far the hardest to shake off of the 3 bouts I've had. It's a myth to think that it gets easier each time - seems each one can be different. My first - feverish and blinding headache for 36 hours but rapidly better. Second - barely noticed, just felt a bit wobbly and only tested as was seeing elderly relatives. This one - lethargic, fuzzy head, like a very bad cold but coughing up stuff so thick you could choke on it. I was pretty bad with asthma as a kid so have plenty of experience on that score and this stuff is a different level. Feel fine now but lungs still taking a good while to clear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here