Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Marseille variant?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nonsense. It's far more infectious, has a higher mortality rate and rate of causing serious, lasting damage to people.

There's also the long term effects of it. I'd never had a migraine in my life before getting COVID and now suffer from chronic migraines.
This.

There is also probably loads of unknown’s as we stand as well.
Thank goodness we managed to develop a vaccine programme (although appreciating effectiveness vs different variants etc).

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ve picked up the Muff Variant

Covid symptoms for 4 days after the match and still have a very bad dry cough

Went to GP today and now on the standard issue Amoxicillin

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
COVID is no different to a cold
Oh it is. Lasting impacts for many. My youngest has asthma type symptoms starting immediately after catching it, year on he still has less capacity than prior to covid. Those that had it bad have permanent damage and there's those that don't seem to fully recover.

It may be just a cold to some but is much more than that to many. We are stuck with it though unfortunately

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your partner. I have a good friend who had a really bad time with long Covid as well, although he seems to have come through it now. But for something that seems to be as common as a common cold at certain times of the year, I do think it is unrealistic for millions of people to put their lives on hold every time they get it, especially after the sacrifices people made for years with it. If it was in any way a realistic strategy to try and curb the spread then it might be different, but sadly it isn't, the genie is out of the bottle. It's just become one more thing that you can die from, and the world is a little bit more dangerous than it was pre-2020.
I do understand your point.

I guess I feel at the very least it would be nice if we'd adopted the culture of mask-wearing while symptomatic, if absolutely nothing else.

But yeah, given the UK public's broadly outraged reaction to even this one relatively minor expense and inconvenience, I'm not really surprised it hasn't become a kind thing that we do for others.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I do understand your point.

I guess I feel at the very least it would be nice if we'd adopted the culture of mask-wearing while symptomatic, if absolutely nothing else.

But yeah, given the UK public's broadly outraged reaction to even this one relatively minor expense and inconvenience, I'm not really surprised it hasn't become a kind thing that we do for others.
Yes I think mask-wearing when symptomatic on planes / trains etc would be a fair compromise. However, I don’t have a great experience of that 😂

In August 2022 I took my family on our first abroad holiday since before the pandemic. So excited I was that I started getting concerned about us getting Covid on the plane and ruining the holiday. So I scouted the net and found the best (most expensive) masks that were certified by some medical body and apparently offered the best protection you could buy, and I parted with about £80 for 4 of them. I insisted all 4 of us put them on before we boarded, and keep them on until we were out the other side of Rhodes airport. They were so uncomfortable and tight that my wife and two sons all removed theirs before we even started taxiing at LHR. Tutting at their idiocy and lack of resilience I steadfastly refused to remove mine for the entire 4 hour journey (while my wife happily guzzled a bottle of Prosecco next to me). Uncomfortable and hurting, but feeling very smug I removed mine when out in the open air in Greece. I chastised my family for their foolishness.

2 days later I developed symptoms, and a test confirmed I was infected. I spent most of the holiday coughing and groaning while my bastard family had the time of their lives, a picture of health.

Wankers.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
My throat felt sore after the match on Thursday. Though I put this down to singing, and maybe inhaling vape/cigarette smoke in the stand.

I've got a few sniffles and slight sore throat today.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes I think mask-wearing when symptomatic on planes / trains etc would be a fair compromise. However, I don’t have a great experience of that 😂

In August 2022 I took my family on our first abroad holiday since before the pandemic. So excited I was that I started getting concerned about us getting Covid on the plane and ruining the holiday. So I scouted the net and found the best (most expensive) masks that were certified by some medical body and apparently offered the best protection you could buy, and I parted with about £80 for 4 of them. I insisted all 4 of us put them on before we boarded, and keep them on until we were out the other side of Rhodes airport. They were so uncomfortable and tight that my wife and two sons all removed theirs before we even started taxiing at LHR. Tutting at their idiocy and lack of resilience I steadfastly refused to remove mine for the entire 4 hour journey (while my wife happily guzzled a bottle of Prosecco next to me). Uncomfortable and hurting, but feeling very smug I removed mine when out in the open air in Greece. I chastised my family for their foolishness.

2 days later I developed symptoms, and a test confirmed I was infected. I spent most of the holiday coughing and groaning while my bastard family had the time of their lives, a picture of health.

Wankers.
Surely the point of masks was not to stop you getting covid (although they do reduce the risk a bit) but, when you have covid, to reduce as much as they can the possibility of you spreading it?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Did you get a history lesson?
Chelsea Ligainggris GIF by MolaTV

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Surely the point of masks was not to stop you getting covid (although they do reduce the risk a bit) but, when you have covid, to reduce as much as they can the possibility of you spreading it?
Yes, I think everyone knows that now. But I was just trying to take any precaution I could to try and avoid getting it and ruining my holiday. Instead, I think I managed to breathe in all the Covid on the plane the second I boarded, and trap it in between my face and the mask for the entire journey, thus protecting all my fellow passengers from the deadly virus.

I don't like to use the word 'hero' myself, I suppose that's for others to decide.

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I’ll tell you what I am getting all the time now is the smell of cigarette smoke. What’s that about?
None of us have ever smoked in our house, but can smell ashtrays. 🤷🏻‍♂️

el punal

Marseille variant? Pah! I went to Villa Park, saw us get stuffed 6-1 got home and endured excruciating kidney pains. The upshot being admitted to hospital on Sunday and then having an operation. Fortunately, all sorted but definitely no trip to Marseille and a no show for the Liverpool game. Oh the trials and tribulations of supporting the mighty Brighton. :tantrum:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’ll tell you what I am getting all the time now is the smell of cigarette smoke. What’s that about?
The first time I had COVID the first symptom was smelling wood smoke. Lost my sense of smell completely later on. Then went through a phase of any artificial fragrance (like deodorant/perfume) smelling very intense and overpowering which still seems to be the case from time to time.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Maybe someone is now having a sneaky woodbine at the back door 🤣

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here