Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Mail Woke List…..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would love for those who keep branding all these groups to start attacking womens groups and organisations like Cafcass and Womens Aid and have the guts to call them misandristic. Why in society do we hardly ever see this word.
There is a very good reason you don’t see this word often.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm still amazed when people (say, for example, a number of NSCers) sympathetric to woke ideas (although generally reluctant to define 'woke') react with outrage when people they broadly agree with are called woke.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I get you are being sarcastic however whats wrong with a Straight Pride and All Lives Matter????? All lives of course DOES matter.
I'm guessing that the answers to these and your other questions have been explained to you many times. There not being and answer and you not being able the answer are two very different things.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm still amazed when people (say, for example, a number of NSCers) sympathetric to woke ideas (although generally reluctant to define 'woke') react with outrage when people they broadly agree with are called woke.
But that’s not what’s happening here. Let me spell it out.

Here we have an establishment paper that was sympathetic to Hitler and fascists in the 1930s taking other people from the establishment and putting them into a hate group. If you can’t see the problem with that you probably slept through every school history lesson you had.

This is the far right gaslighting the population. I knew exactly how this thread would go and thought at least three times about posting it, but ultimately it’s time for decent people to call this out, otherwise they’ll become part of the problem.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Our society is obsessed with categorising people. There is so much insecurity out there that many do not feel comfortable unless they can pin a label on someone. They feel they know everything about them once they define them. It is not acceptable to sit somewhere in the middle and have no affiliation to Left or Right or to be apolitical. There is a messianic drive to attach to causes, which become cults. Recent generations now see life through polarised lenses. Its our viewpoint or nothing.
Our schools have moved more towards teaching children what to think rather than how to think. Debate now is shallow. When you can only see one point of view, what is the point in prolonging the discussion.
I still don't fully understand what ' woke ' is. What it means. What it represents. I guess its purpose is to categorise certain people. Neat and tidy. We know what you stand for and we pity you, you poor misguided soul. We know best. Its pack mentality and its only heading in one direction.
The education system has failed successive generations. ( Thank you Anthony Crosland ) and our kids are pulled apart by social media influence.
Perhaps someone can give me an accurate definition, not generalised, of ' woke ' and then I might be able to understand its usage. Then again, probably not, as I am still trying to get my head around cricket being labelled ' institutionally racist '

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Woke is a huge danger to normal everyday life. Its the thing that gets you sacked after years and years being respected as someone well known in your profession because you said one small thing that some nutter did not like. Its the thing that means your misses might get raped by the geezer claiming he's a bird and sees her in the female changing rooms. Its the reason kids know everything about wanking etc when they are 5 because the sex mad woke brigade shove it down their throats at school.And I could go on and on.
So woke is "a collective term for everything the right wing doesn't like that can be supported by unjustified sweeping statements".

Got it. Thanks (toddles off to find the phone number for the Oxford English dictionary).

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
No I am not the editor but what I wrote is correct. Its important to have views on both sides don't you think? or is the opinion of the left the only relevant one?
Why do you conflate "the left" with "woke"? Many lifelong Tory voters find Government policies on refugees (for example) as abhorrent as the Archbishop of Canterbury does. What is "woke" to the left of that is preferable in your mind?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think it’s useful for the Daily Mail to highlight people whose attitudes and intentions we should be celebrating!

or isn’t that why they’re doing it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here