Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Mail Woke List…..

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Just got into a minor misgendering issue myself funnily enough today .
Daughter brought her vacuum cleaner around as it had been leaking fluid .
This I unfortunately referred to as a " he Henry " but was corrected as it is actually a "she Hetty " . Silly me .
Stripped down it was observed that her motor had been overheating causing the grease within to become over viscous .
As the cost of replacing the suspect motor and also the perished air filter exceeded 60% the price of a brand new appliance it was decided to retire her and purchase a new one . She is off to the recycling center tomorrow . :down:

RIP Hetty

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Ancient Greeks only had two genders though. Because it was a Patriarchal society if a man was pushed into a traditional female role they would be seen as "feminine". They still only believed in men and women however.

They also happened to be hedonistic and bat shit crazy.

But what of all the other cultures that are nothing like the Greeks, were they wrong?
You’re simply incorrect.

No matter how much spin you put on it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just got into a minor misgendering issue myself funnily enough today .
Daughter brought her vacuum cleaner around as it had been leaking fluid .
This I unfortunately referred to as a " he Henry " but was corrected as it is actually a "she Hetty " . Silly me .
Stripped down it was observed that her motor had been overheating causing the grease within to become over viscous .
As the cost of replacing the suspect motor and also the perished air filter exceeded 60% the price of a brand new appliance it was decided to retire her and purchase a new one . She is off to the recycling center tomorrow . :down:

RIP Hetty
Are we not allowed to use the English spelling of centre now? Bloody Lineker.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
USA ladies lost cos of Woke.

1691421861573.png

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You are going back a long way there with the WW2 reference!! So you haven't read it since the 80s but have an opinion on what they publish? The nasty racist DM who were brave enough to call the Stephen Lawrence killers out as 'murderers.'
The Mail who were apparently spying on his mother afterwards?

And they only got involved after his father( who had worked at Paul Dacre's house) contacted him about why they were being horrible to them?

And who have massively overstated their role?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Disney thing, to be fair, could also be because since purchasing Marvel and Star Wars they have absolutely churned out very expensive TV shows and even more expensive movies of diminishing quantity.

People may well be switching off because the House of Mouse is 'woke' but people are definitely switching off because they've massively over saturated the market.

Even me and my nerd mates are f***ing bored of Marvel now. There's just too much of it. And almost everything after Endgame has been utter shite.

But Disney going to war with De Santis? That's bloody hilarious. I'd watch a movie about that.

I don't disagree with any of that, with the exception of the two Spider-Man films (Sony owns half) and Guardians 3, the rest has been pretty poor, verging on awful.

The TV shows are a disaster, seems the plan to have the shows to act as follow ons for the films is an awful decision, If you hadn't seen wandavision, Dr strange wouldn't have made much sense, apparently it's the same for the next few films.

It's also the non Marvel/Star wars properties, Little Mermaid remake was atrocious, not because Ariel was black, but the the rest of the casting was poor, the new songs were not great and the cgi was poor - when Mellisa McCarthy is the best thing about a film, you know it's a bad film lol

On woke (or any other type of messaging in films) I don't think anyone wants it, people
Just want popcorn flicks to be that, these films are not failing because they are woke, they are failing because they are trash, but some of the actions of the film makers isn't helping - I mean, who is actually upset up seven dwarfs to the point they scrap them in a remake?

What is irritating is when studios/actors blame groups for not going to see a film as they are racist/homophobic etc etc, it can't possibly be because it's shit and people don't want to see it?

Disney have gotten into trouble and I'm not sure they know how to get out of it, Indy 5 wasn't "woke", but people avoided seeing it.

I say this as a Disney fan

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't disagree with any of that, with the exception of the two Spider-Man films (Sony owns half) and Guardians 3, the rest has been pretty poor, verging on awful.

The TV shows are a disaster, seems the plan to have the shows to act as follow ons for the films is an awful decision, If you hadn't seen wandavision, Dr strange wouldn't have made much sense, apparently it's the same for the next few films.

It's also the non Marvel/Star wars properties, Little Mermaid remake was atrocious, not because Ariel was black, but the the rest of the casting was poor, the new songs were not great and the cgi was poor - when Mellisa McCarthy is the best thing about a film, you know it's a bad film lol

On woke (or any other type of messaging in films) I don't think anyone wants it, people
Just want popcorn flicks to be that, these films are not failing because they are woke, they are failing because they are trash, but some of the actions of the film makers isn't helping - I mean, who is actually upset up seven dwarfs to the point they scrap them in a remake?

What is irritating is when studios/actors blame groups for not going to see a film as they are racist/homophobic etc etc, it can't possibly be because it's shit and people don't want to see it?

Disney have gotten into trouble and I'm not sure they know how to get out of it, Indy 5 wasn't "woke", but people avoided seeing it.

Guardians 3 is the one I've not seen yet. It's on D+ now so no doubt we'll watch it over the next few days. I'm hopeful but mostly because it's James Gunn. Which has also made me pretty hopeful for his take on the DC characters.

Part of the problem for Marvel is that it's become too cumbersome. It's like the comics - they're almost impossible to get into because of the various backstories, the universe reboots, decades upon decades of history means they're basically impenetrable unless you want to sit their with a Wiki open whilst you're leafing through Fantastic Four's latest run or whatever it is. And the films / TV shows have gone the same way. Like you've said - WandaVision (which was ace, to be fair) is almost pre-requisite viewing if you want to understand Wanda in Multiverse of Madness (and even then, they did her dirty).

Making the movies interconnected worked when it was the main Avengers lot but opening it all up to other characters, which had to happen, and then making it all so interconnected has backfired.

I could talk Marvel all day but overall, on the woke movies discussion, I think you're right to be honest. Popcorn flicks, generally speaking, aren't where you go for hard hitting social commentary. Saying that though I hear the Barbie movie is in that ballpark.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Can I ask how much of a Disney fan you are if you've missed the last 70 years of messaging in most of their films?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Mail who were apparently spying on his mother afterwards?

And they only got involved after his father( who had worked at Paul Dacre's house) contacted him about why they were being horrible to them?

And who have massively overstated their role?
The Mail's attitude to their realization that Stephen Lawrence was not, after all, a street thug, was the most monumental bit of after-timing in the history of 'journalism'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We loved the Little Mermaid remake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sticks in your craw doesn't it? The fact that your previous troll account got banned. I wonder who you are?
I ban posters because
Trump and Rapinoe both have form for slinging mud at each other. Culture as soap opera.

Oh hi there Mental Lental.:ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that. ???

But what do you mean about culture?

You really are a piece of work. :shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Same here, it's highly amusing winding up the wokes on here, reading the faux outrage at the very mention of the words 'daily mail' from people who don't even read it, people who claim to hate the Tory's but who then mock people from Middlesboro. People who just ban posters who they disagree with.

Your first sentence suggest that you are here to wind people up, aka trolling.

This is a offence that you will (and have) get banned for.

You are then going to persuade yourself that it is because you disagree with the mods.

To put it plainly, it's not the disagreeing, it's the trolling that gets you banned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here