Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Mail Woke List…..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The Guardian Apologizes for Publishing Antisemitic Cartoon of Outgoing BBC Chairman​

The cartoon was widely condemned for using anti-Jewish tropes to criticize former BBC chairman Richard Sharp's conflict of interest in making an undisclosed loan to Boris Johnson
Jonathan Shamir
Here is the apology. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jul/26/britain-prejudices-cartoon-antisemitic-tropes

A detailed and fulsome apology.

Care to find me an equivalent apology from the mail for one if its prejudicial articles?

They normally appear to do it like this:

Perfunctory, in 'corrections', or reported only by third parties. No contrition. No lessons learned.

Racism, defamation and phone hacking.

And more than ten years spent kissing Hitler's arse.

Not terribly equivalent to the Grauniad I'd venture. :shrug:

That five minutes (of intensive research) I'll never see again.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Dear god where did you get those definitions?

Equity means equal outcome.

Cultrural Marxism is neither is neither far-right or Anti-Semitic.

Instead of screen capping quotes post your source.

The two definitions are from the Cambridge Dictionary, which I'm sure you'll agree is reliable https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/equity?q=Equity

Cultural Marxism is from wiki, which I'm sure you'll say is not reliable https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

Obviously, it's tricky to get hold of an apolitical explanation of what's widely held to be a far right conspiracy theory. How would you define Cultural Marxism and could you outline its effects on society? Some examples with sources would be appreciated.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If you want to blow their tiny minds, explain it is essentially Christian values. You know, the Christianity that is important when it comes to talking about Islam but not when it comes to going to church?
The Archbishops listed by the Mail would be quite simply failing their Church, their Faith, their people and their Deity if they were not woke and seen to be woke.!

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
It is about people being treated fairly and decently - people being able to live with some dignity rather than having to choose whether to eat or put the heating on, people not being discriminated against for no good reason.....
Which means what? Equity, equal outcome which is prioritised over merit. Which a lot of people consider unfair setting aside it doesn't work in complex systems.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Which means what? Equity, equal outcome which is prioritised over merit. Which a lot of people consider unfair setting aside it doesn't work in complex systems.
Ah, the deserving poor. Kids with nothing to eat just need to work a bit harder. Such a shame the mines are closed and most people no longer need a Sweep.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
The two definitions are from the Cambridge Dictionary, which I'm sure you'll agree is reliable https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/equity?q=Equity

Cultural Marxism is from wiki, which I'm sure you'll say is not reliable https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

Obviously, it's tricky to get hold of an apolitical explanation of what's widely held to be a far right conspiracy theory. How would you define Cultural Marxism and could you outline it's affects on society? Some examples with sources would be appreciated.

Its not widely held beyond leftwing agitprop and capture institutions. The labelling of everything far-right is just a smear

I can connect it briefly but i don't have the time, I make 1 post and get 7 or 8 notifications.

Start from Gender theory and the belief that everything is a social construct or socially conditioned, from there you ask the question who does the social conditioning? Answer not you if you are not on the left aka Cancel culture or what Herbert Marcuse of the Frankfurt School calls "repressive tolerance"

Then you have Critical theory,
  1. The field of study concerned with formulating and evaluating intellectual approaches to the analysis or interpretation of works of art, texts, and other cultural artifacts. Critical theory encompasses such theories as New Criticism, Marxism, structuralism, deconstruction, and postcolonial theory.

This is where the Proletariat /Bourgeois paradigm is used and replace by sex and race giving critical gender theory and critical race theory. It is designed to create conflict which is why the most divisive races are used and others ignored in an attempt to ferment revolution. see Imbrahim Kendi for reference.

Neo-marxism isn't things Marx said but implied, neo-marxists have just picked up the ball and run with it. Examples given above.

This is a bare bones simplistic presentaion

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

What I was saying is that it is NOT about equal outcome. For me, that is your own extremely perverse reading of it all.
Social Justice for me is about treating people decently and fairly.

It‘s not about levelling education up to the extent of every child getting an Eton equivalent education.
It’s about getting away from a situation where the child is not going to school hungry because his parents can’t afford to feed him, that the child is not dying even before he gets to school age because the state of his rented accommodation is so bad it kills him, it is being aware that middle-class parents can play the state education system and get in to the better schools, while less able and less confident parents are more likely to get stuck with their children being disadvantaged because they are stuck with the under-resourced school on their sink estate where the quite possibly enormously capable teachers are battered in to submission by the “complex systems” you mention which don’t work for them.

Are you a person who sees things as black or white, and can not recognise that things are a bit more complicated than that? Complex systems which militate against millions of people worldwide!

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
Ah, the deserving poor. Kids with nothing to eat just need to work a bit harder. Such a shame the mines are closed and most people no longer need a Sweep.

Nothing to do with it. Do you usually threaten to ban people you disagree with? It would explain why your political fellow travellers on here are such civil and tolerant posters.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
What I was saying is that it is NOT about equal outcome. For me, that is your own extremely perverse reading of it all.

It‘s not about levelling education up to the extent of every child getting an Eton equivalent education.
It’s about getting away from a situation where the child is not going to school hungry because his parents can’t afford to feed him, that the child is not dying even before he gets to school age because the state of his rented accommodation is so bad it kills him, it is being aware that middle-class parents can play the state education system and get in to the better schools, while less able and less confident parents are more likely to get stuck with their children being disadvantaged because they are stuck with the under-resourced school on their sink estate where the quite possibly enormously capable teachers are battered in to submission by the “complex systems” you mention which don’t work for them.

Are you a person who sees things as black or white, and can not recognise that things are a bit more complicated than that? Complex systems which militate against millions of people worldwide!

Positive discrimination is about equal outcome, and thats the kindest interpretation and not the anti-white/male one. Its about promoting immutable characteristics over merit so erodes or destroys meritocracy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Nothing to do with it. Do you usually threaten to ban people you disagree with? It would explain why your political fellow travellers on here are such civil and tolerant posters.
I’m not following you. Should there be equity and social justice for hungry children or not?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Equality of opportunity is the thing.

Nobody except the most deluded expects equality of outcome. And only the most twisted pretends this is what the wokies want. Only you have invoked this abomination. Have you thought this narrative through? :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Thats welfare not equity, its not a zero sum issue.
Of course it’s equity. Maybe if the parents were treated equitably they wouldn’t need welfare. You have no better idea than me.

And it’s “That’s”. Perhaps you’ve just been binned off from the executive hiring process because you’re a massive thicko, rather than because you came up against a gay, black dwarf with ADHD from Bermondsey.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More on the mail:

"Rothermere had a fundamentally elitist conception of politics, believing that the natural leaders of Britain were upper class men like himself, and he strongly disapproved of the decision to grant women the right to vote together with the end of the franchise requirements that disfranchised lower-class men.[53] Feeling that British women and lower-class men were not really capable of understanding the issues, Rothermere started to lose faith in democracy.[53] In October 1922, the Daily Mail approved of the Fascist "March on Rome" as the newspaper argued that democracy had failed in Italy, thus requiring Benito Mussolini to set up his Fascist dictatorship to save the social order.[53] In 1923, Rothermere published a leader in The Daily Mail entitled "What Europe Owes Mussolini", where he wrote about his "profound admiration" for Mussolini, whom he praised for "in saving Italy he stopped the inroads of Bolshevism which would had left Europe in ruins...in my judgment he saved the entire Western world. It was because Mussolini overthrew Bolshevism in Italy that it collapsed in Hungary and ceased to gain adherents in Bavaria and Prussia".[54] In 1923, the newspaper supported the Italian occupation of Corfu and condemned the British government for at least rhetorically opposing the Italian attack on Greece.[55]

On 25 October 1924, the Daily Mail published the Zinoviev letter, which indicated Moscow was directing British Communists toward violent revolution. It was later proven to be a hoax. At the time many on the left blamed the letter for the defeat of Ramsay MacDonald's Labour Party in the 1924 general election, held four days later.[56]"

Well, well, well. It woz the mail wot wun it, woz it?

"
Only here you can be a non dom , own our best selling newspaper and have a place in the HOL because your Dad was here

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I think the answer to your question is obvious. What is interesting is how Crawley Dingo has ended up with such an extreme and binary view on things. Who would possibly want him to consider any attempt at 'fairness' as some word equal outcomes neo Marxist. The result is any attempt to help people or redress the balance a little can be easily dismissed.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Its not widely held beyond leftwing agitprop and capture institutions. The labelling of everything far-right is just a smear

I can connect it briefly but i don't have the time, I make 1 post and get 7 or 8 notifications.

Start from Gender theory and the belief that everything is a social construct or socially conditioned, from there you ask the question who does the social conditioning? Answer not you if you are not on the left aka Cancel culture or what Herbert Marcuse of the Frankfurt School calls "repressive tolerance"

Then you have Critical theory,
  1. The field of study concerned with formulating and evaluating intellectual approaches to the analysis or interpretation of works of art, texts, and other cultural artifacts. Critical theory encompasses such theories as New Criticism, Marxism, structuralism, deconstruction, and postcolonial theory.

This is where the Proletariat /Bourgeois paradigm is used and replace by sex and race giving critical gender theory and critical race theory. It is designed to create conflict which is why the most divisive races are used and others ignored in an attempt to ferment revolution. see Imbrahim Kendi for reference.

Neo-marxism isn't things Marx said but implied, neo-marxists have just picked up the ball and run with it. Examples given above.

This is a bare bones simplistic presentaion

Thanks for your response.

Gender Studies, as I understand it, is a means of challenging sexist structures and stereotypes. It seems a leap from there to claim the left are socially conditioning society.

Of course, we have academics promoting leftist theories. But what makes you think they're fomenting revolution? Mass media is by and large controlled by the right. In the UK, the Tories have been a power for much of the past 45 years. The BBC Director General is a former Conservative candidate.

I'm not sure why you've copy and pasted a definition of Critical Theory rather than explaining what Cultural Marxism is or providing a link. How is it affecting our lives today? And again, I have to ask, what is it? You suggest it's not a far right concept but it's been promoted by many on the far right, has it not? Ander Breivik for starters.

I've read a bit of Kendi and not seen anything too controversial. What exactly do you take issue with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here