Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Poshing it up today heading to the Hampton Court Palace Festival to see Kacey Musgraves

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Saw Metronomy last night amongst a very civilised Worthing crowd. Thankfully not too much from the latest album which is a little on the safe side for me. Vocals were a bit quiet and acoustically not the best- other wise good fun from a group of just lovely people. First time I saw them play was at the Richmond in Brighton along with Klaxons. Whatever happened to them?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Saw the second of my covid delayed concerts last night. Green Day, supported by Weezer and Fall Out Boy.

I don’t much about Weezer or Fall Out Boy, they seem OK but I am a big Green day fan from the Dookie era when I working a broad and the only English speaking channel was CNN or MTV. “When I Come around” “ Time of your life” and “Basket Case” were played a lot.

I love American Idiot and 21Guns and they are a fantastic live band.

Hand an amazing time

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Saw the second of my covid delayed concerts last night. Green Day, supported by Weezer and Fall Out Boy.

I don’t much about Weezer or Fall Out Boy, they seem OK but I am a big Green day fan from the Dookie era when I working a broad and the only English speaking channel was CNN or MTV. “When I Come around” “ Time of your life” and “Basket Case” were played a lot.

I love American Idiot and 21Guns and they are a fantastic live band.

Hand an amazing time

I was there last night too. Weezer and Fall Out Boy wre very good, but Green Day were amazing. I’d not seen them live before and whilst I’m a big fan of some of their earlier stuff (Dookie and American Idiot) I’m no expert on their entire work.

The highlight for me was finishing their set (before encore) with nearly 15 minutes of Jesus of Suburbia.

There was plenty of jumping around and not acting my age down near the front. All good fun though.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was there last night too. Weezer and Fall Out Boy wre very good, but Green Day were amazing. I’d not seen them live before and whilst I’m a big fan of some of their earlier stuff (Dookie and American Idiot) I’m no expert on their entire work.

The highlight for me was finishing their set (before encore) with nearly 15 minutes of Jesus of Suburbia.

There was plenty of jumping around and not acting my age down near the front. All good fun though.

Green day are fantastic live, I’ve seen them a few times before. Through me playing their albums while she was growing up, my daughter likes them as well and it was the first time she got to see them, she loved it as well. I was jumping around as well and have a sore knee today, but well worth it. Fantastic show.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw Gorillaz last night at a huge open air amphitheater in the woods in deepest darkest East Berlin. As ever with these guys it was a big production and much fun….and also very hot. I preceded this with a tour of Fürst Wiacek Brewery which was celebrating its first birthday. Now that’s what I call a Friday night.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Off to see Together Pangea at the Hope and Ruin tonight, before LCD Soundsystem on Sunday at Brixton Academy, really looking forward to LCD

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Nubya Garcia x Sons of Kemet at Love Supreme was right up there in my four decades of gig-going.
It was a one-off, and it looks as though Kemet are disbanding.
The line-up tonight was one double bass, Nubya and Shabaka on sax and, of course, Kemet are known for having two drummers. That might sound like an indulgence but instead tonight we had three of them. Stunning beats throughout.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Nubya Garcia x Sons of Kemet at Love Supreme was right up there in my four decades of gig-going.
It was a one-off, and it looks as though Kemet are disbanding.
The line-up tonight was one double bass, Nubya and Shabaka on sax and, of course, Kemet are known for having two drummers. That might sound like an indulgence but instead tonight we had three of them. Stunning beats throughout.

Yes after 4 tremendous albums over 10 years Sons of Kemet are sadly disbanding, although they all do amazing stuff elsewhere, Shabba was with Nightmares On Wax at Glastonbury and Skinner is part of the Radiohead fused band The Smile. My friend said that the Kemet and Garcia set was amazing I would have loved to have seen it.

https://pitchfork.com/news/sons-of-kemet-breaking-up-after-final-shows/

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes after 4 tremendous albums over 10 years Sons of Kemet are sadly disbanding, although they all do amazing stuff elsewhere, Shabba was with Nightmares On Wax at Glastonbury and Skinner is part of the Radiohead fused band The Smile. My friend said that the Kemet and Garcia set was amazing I would have loved to have seen it.

https://pitchfork.com/news/sons-of-kemet-breaking-up-after-final-shows/

Ooo, didn't know about Nightmares on Wax, will check them out.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Probably up there with one of the best gigs I've ever been to, absolutely fantastic sound live. I've never seen a stage full of so much stuff, there must have been 5 or 6 different Synths on stage alone.

I always think gigs at the Brixton Academy are far more intense than those in Brighton, you tend to get an Uber group of Ultra fans. One of my biggest examples of this is The Specials, who I have seen a lot. In Brixton everyone is dressed so sharp in all the gear, they placed A Town Called Malice pre gig once and the building nearly came down from the sound and action in the crowd upstairs and downstairs. Same tour at the Brighton Center, people in shorts, Hawaiian shirts, hippy's alongside rude boys/punks and parents dancing with their young kids like at a summer fete. Our city has a different ethos and spirit and I loved both gigs just as much, but both so different and what 55 miles apart.

Jul 7, 2003
I have two Pearl Jam tickets for Saturday going at less than face value if anyone is interested

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Saw Gorillaz last night at a huge open air amphitheater in the woods in deepest darkest East Berlin. As ever with these guys it was a big production and much fun….and also very hot. I preceded this with a tour of Fürst Wiacek Brewery which was celebrating its first birthday. Now that’s what I call a Friday night.
Saw Roger Waters (ex-Pink Floyd) play there a number of years ago - a very interesting place to see a show. Thankfully it was a reasonable temperature when I was there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here