Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Seeing Bruce Springsteen at Hyde Park this weekend - not my usual cup of tea but heard he does a great show and the good lady is very excited.
Later in the year seeing Little Simz at Ally Pally, very excited for that one!
Off the back of this - Little Simz was fantastic last weekend, a great show and hits throughout. Brought out Cleo Sol to perform 'Woman' with her, a great night (although its a nightmare getting up to Ally Pally)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Haven't been able to get to much recently but I am going to see Gilla Band at Fabric in December. One of the best Live Acts around, would recommend them highly.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Haven't been able to get to much recently but I am going to see Gilla Band at Fabric in December. One of the best Live Acts around, would recommend them highly.
I saw Ditz at Mutations a couple of weekends ago and very much reminded me of Gilla Band.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Saw Inhaler at Kentish Town Forum a couple of weeks ago. Great gig, great crowd.
Saw Robert Plant / Saving Grace at The Dome the night after. Wow! That was utterly amazing.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's been pretty busy at Chalk for the Mahones and friends recently.

A fortnight ago:
Mutations Friday - Porridge Radio were the best that I have seen them, really excellent. Public Service Broadcasting were very accomplished, but I do find their uber-geekiness a little irritating.

Mutations Sunday - Steve Mason: I enjoyed his show, but it was a bit karaoke - no band, just him and a mate on keys. Gruff Rhys - magnificent, as ever. We were in the presence of greatness. Django Django - hugely euphoric, and impossible to keep still to. I haven't listened to them for years, so it was lovely to be reminded just how good they are.

This week we missed JAMC on Thursday and The Mary Wallopers on Friday - can't afford everything, now can we?

Last night Dutty Moonshine Big Band were great fun, especially if you enjoy mash ups of electronic dance music and brass extravaganzas.

Jim Bob and The Popguns tonight.

Bob Vylan next Friday.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It's been pretty busy at Chalk for the Mahones and friends recently.

A fortnight ago:
Mutations Friday - Porridge Radio were the best that I have seen them, really excellent. Public Service Broadcasting were very accomplished, but I do find their uber-geekiness a little irritating.

Mutations Sunday - Steve Mason: I enjoyed his show, but it was a bit karaoke - no band, just him and a mate on keys. Gruff Rhys - magnificent, as ever. We were in the presence of greatness. Django Django - hugely euphoric, and impossible to keep still to. I haven't listened to them for years, so it was lovely to be reminded just how good they are.

This week we missed JAMC on Thursday and The Mary Wallopers on Friday - can't afford everything, now can we?

Last night Dutty Moonshine Big Band were great fun, especially if you enjoy mash ups of electronic dance music and brass extravaganzas.

Jim Bob and The Popguns tonight.

Bob Vylan next Friday.
That is pretty busy, I find October and November always good months for gig going.
I’ve also spent a fair bit of time at Chalk and was there for most of Mutations which for line up and organisation is improving yearly. Saw quite a few bands the best being Ditz, Public Service Broadcasting and Life. My heart went out to a band called Cloth who were at Green Door Store on the Saturday p.m. They had driven through the night from Glasgow only to arrive late and only had time for 4 songs the fourth of which had to be curtailed. That’s dedication.
JAMC were great but not loud enough. Setlist covered most of what you would hope to hear.
Mary Wallopers a very different night. A lot of fun and enjoyable banter between the band and audience who were well up for it.
Next up BC Camplight/Personal Trainer on Wednesday. Again at Chalk.
Enjoy Jim Bob

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
So a new year- what have people got planned ahead.
I have tickets for Pom Poko, Idles, The Lovely Eggs, The Wedding Present. Seapower and Yard Act.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So a new year- what have people got planned ahead.
I have tickets for Pom Poko, Idles, The Lovely Eggs, The Wedding Present. Seapower and Yard Act.
Taylor Swift in Paris, Edinburgh and Vienna (possible London blag too). Currently no Glastonbury (although I am working on that), so Beautiful Days is set to be my main festival of the summer.

Closer to home I'll be looking to kick off the year with Black Honey at the Concorde. I need to review the gig lists for Chalk, the Hope, Albert and GDS for more options.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just Gruff Rhys instore at the end of the month and then Tricky at the Roundhouse in March so far. Great Escape booked also.
I swerved on The Great Escape last year and didn't really miss it. Might try it again this May. I did enjoy Mutations which is very similar but with more established bands and no queuing.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I’ve got Resident instores by Gruff Rhys and The Last Dinner Party coming up.

Proper gigs booked so far:
DakhaBrakha, The Luka State, Beans on Toast, 86TVs, Yard Act…
The Great Escape, Glastonbury.

🙂

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Taylor Swift in Paris, Edinburgh and Vienna (possible London blag too). Currently no Glastonbury (although I am working on that), so Beautiful Days is set to be my main festival of the summer.

Closer to home I'll be looking to kick off the year with Black Honey at the Concorde. I need to review the gig lists for Chalk, the Hope, Albert and GDS for more options.
Have you got the Dice app? Since Resident stopped listing gigs, Dice has been far and away the best way to find out what’s on at all venues in Brighton (and anywhere else). Download it!

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
16/12/2023 - Sleep Token at The OVO Arena Wembley.

View attachment 171412

What a band, what a community, what a night.

View attachment 171408

My artist of 2023 didn't disappoint with their show. A pulsating mix of genres from pop to RnB, Hip Hop and Metal.

View attachment 171409

Part way through the show they announced the vocalist was ill and struggling to sing, so the crowd were the vocalists for three songs which was an incredible coming together.

View attachment 171410

Vessel managed to sing towards the end for a triumphant end to a massive 2023 for the band. If you ever get the chance to see them then take it as they are amazing performers.

View attachment 171411
My last gig of 2023 and one I'm not sure will be topped for a long time.

PXL_20231216_215447502.MP.jpg
PXL_20231216_213813261.jpg
PXL_20231216_211527917.MP.jpg
PXL_20231216_222752219.MP.jpg
PXL_20231216_213848236.jpg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thought there was a thread, couldn't find it :shrug:

Just got decent tickets for Nils Frahm on 30 June, looking forward to it at The Dome.

Hania Rani at Chalk in March, neo-classicaltastic mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here