Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Seeing Bruce Springsteen at Hyde Park this weekend - not my usual cup of tea but heard he does a great show and the good lady is very excited.
Later in the year seeing Little Simz at Ally Pally, very excited for that one!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Seeing Bruce Springsteen at Hyde Park this weekend - not my usual cup of tea but heard he does a great show and the good lady is very excited.
Bruce is not my cup either but went to see him few years back at the Ricoh.
Really great show and got the crowd involved, but my only gripe was every song went on a bit too much for my liking.
Songs just about ending, slowing right down then 1,2,3,4 and kicks back into life for another 10mins, FFS.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Saw Grian Chatten play some songs off his new album at resident yesterday. Sounded really good, got a great voice.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Little Simz was magnificent at Love Supreme. I have seen her twice previously, but she’s really stepped it up.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Missed out on the Muse pre-sale tickets for October O2 this morning:mad:

No way in hell did they sell out in first 20 mins..............Guessing tickets get somehow secretly distributed long before the pre-sale or general public dates

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Little Simz was magnificent at Love Supreme. I have seen her twice previously, but she’s really stepped it up.
Agreed. We also saw her play at The Dome two or so years ago, and she's adapted her set for bigger venues, and is just charming and talented -- really pleased for her.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Missed out on the Muse pre-sale tickets for October O2 this morning:mad:

No way in hell did they sell out in first 20 mins..............Guessing tickets get somehow secretly distributed long before the pre-sale or general public dates
We got Foo fighters tickets last week in the “bookers pre-sale ” whatever that is.
Just looked on-line for a pre-sale code and it worked!
Avoided the shit show on the Friday when they went on general sale, but within minutes they were being sold for 4 x times face value.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Heads up for The Jesus And Mary Chain playing at Chalk on 16th November. Would be great to see them in such a small venue. On sale this Friday.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Saw them at The Dome a few years back and they were great. I think £40 is about right.
They were great at the DLWP in Bexhill a few years back too.
If you sign up to their mailing list before 10 am tomorrow it looks like there might be a pre sale before Fri.

(just googled when Bexhill gig was and can’t believe it was in 2017!)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Got Mutations tickets for Friday and Saturday but not for Thursday as seeing Mandy, Indiana at Green Door.
A mate of mine has persuaded me to see The Mary Wallopers also in November but don't know much about them.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Got Mutations tickets for Friday and Saturday but not for Thursday as seeing Mandy, Indiana at Green Door.
A mate of mine has persuaded me to see The Mary Wallopers also in November but don't know much about them.
We went to Latitude this year. Great fun…but it pissed down all day on the Saturday.

Mid afternoon, we went to the Sunrise Arena, cold, wet and miserable - we went there as that stage has a marquee so we could spend a little bit of time in the dry.

We’d been there about fifteen minutes when The Mary Wallopers came on. We knew nothing about them at all…but wow, they were fun. Full of humour and energy, and with a very enthusiastic crowd…it reminded me of early Pogues gigs.

It was just what we needed to stave off full on meltdown.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We went to Latitude this year. Great fun…but it pissed down all day on the Saturday.

Mid afternoon, we went to the Sunrise Arena, cold, wet and miserable - we went there as that stage has a marquee so we could spend a little bit of time in the dry.

We’d been there about fifteen minutes when The Mary Wallopers came on. We knew nothing about them at all…but wow, they were fun. Full of humour and energy, and with a very enthusiastic crowd…it reminded me of early Pogues gigs.

It was just what we needed to stave off full on meltdown.
I'm deeply prejudiced against Latitude, seems the very definition of a bland festival. That said, never been.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm deeply prejudiced against Latitude, seems the very definition of a bland festival. That said, never been.
Haha, yes, I know what you mean. This was how I used to feel.

But friends of ours messaged us when Pulp were announced as headliners suggesting we all go, so we all thought ‘why not?’, particularly as we are teachers and it was just after term finished.

With the right company, it is great fun. There is actually a lot going on, and a lot of variety. We saw some brilliant gigs, and had some great times.

I’d go again!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Haha, yes, I know what you mean. This was how I used to feel.

But friends of ours messaged us when Pulp were announced as headliners suggesting we all go, so we all thought ‘why not?’, particularly as we are teachers and it was just after term finished.

With the right company, it is great fun. There is actually a lot going on, and a lot of variety. We saw some brilliant gigs, and had some great times.

I’d go again!
Methinks you're getting old as am I, but I'm resisting harder :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here