Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Legendary

3 new songs and a prime selection of back catalogue.

Sound excellent

Enjoy!

Thought it was great. Had a bit of a Sunday afternoon feel about it and audience a bit subdued. Think we may have got 4 new songs but lost count. Not sure about the boiler suit look!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Heads up for Jazz fans. I'm thinking Machiavelli particularly here with Binker Golding playing.

New Generation Jazz Festival in Shoreham...

Kansas Smitty's House Band. Xhosa Cole.

Chelsea Carmichael, Daisy George.

Alex Hitchcock’s Dream Band, Binker Golding Quintet.

Three separate nights. Or all three nights for £36. Bargain! 4th,5th and 6th February.

https://ropetacklecentre.ticketsolv...08.729291609.1643321993-1869395375.1643321993

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Heads up for Jazz fans. I'm thinking Machiavelli particularly here with Binker Golding playing.

New Generation Jazz Festival in Shoreham...

Kansas Smitty's House Band. Xhosa Cole.

Chelsea Carmichael, Daisy George.

Alex Hitchcock’s Dream Band, Binker Golding Quintet.

Three separate nights. Or all three nights for £36. Bargain! 4th,5th and 6th February.

https://ropetacklecentre.ticketsolv...08.729291609.1643321993-1869395375.1643321993

You and Machiavelli might want to know that Theon Cross plays Patterns on Sunday.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You and Machiavelli might want to know that Theon Cross plays Patterns on Sunday.
Yes, I only discovered that today, and have tickets for the Bug Club, so will have to miss it. I've seen him before (at a Rye jazz festival, which was really quite good).

I know the Binker Golding Quarter, but wondered if you or 1066fm would recommend any of the others on that line-up? I haven't seen who is playing when, but I'm going to Spurs on the 5th, so count that out.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Yes, I only discovered that today, and have tickets for the Bug Club, so will have to miss it. I've seen him before (at a Rye jazz festival, which was really quite good).

I know the Binker Golding Quarter, but wondered if you or 1066fm would recommend any of the others on that line-up? I haven't seen who is playing when, but I'm going to Spurs on the 5th, so count that out.

The only other group I’ve heard of and listened to a little bit are Kansas Smitty but they’re not really my thing.

My newish discovery is Hedvig Mollestad. She’s a Norwegian guitarist who plays on the edge of jazz and instrumental rock.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Greentea Peng tour cancelled. Seems there is quite a financial risk to the artists at the moment, which some just can't afford, if there is a band involved.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Greentea Peng tour cancelled. Seems there is quite a financial risk to the artists at the moment, which some just can't afford, if there is a band involved.

Indeed. and things aren't selling out. Bob Mould was due to play at the Concorde tonight but that got bumped back to July with tickets still up for sale. In 'normal' times that would have sold out well in advance.

Just checked times for Dean Wareham at Worthing on Sunday

good job I did as it's been moved again, tickets still on sale

Originally April 2020 (which obviously didn't happen). Got moved to January 21, then to this Sunday, now to July ... I bought tickets in December 2019.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
On the subject of gigs not happening I was due to see Belle and Sebastian this Friday but that’s been moved to November. Annoyingly it’s now the same date as Yard Act play at Chalk.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
On the subject of gigs not happening I was due to see Belle and Sebastian this Friday but that’s been moved to November. Annoyingly it’s now the same date as Yard Act play at Chalk.

That is bad, I think Stuart had a bad bout of ME so it had to be moved. The new album will be out before then at least.

I have Peter Hook and UK Subs the same night in April, its such a pain.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Jane Weaver tonight, Flock was one of my most played albums last year so looking forward to seeing it performed live tonight at Chalk, which I think has sold out. Lucy Gooch supporting.

Attachments

• JW 22.jpg
    JW 22.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 94

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Strap into your DeLoren

[tweet]1490364412489723911[/tweet]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Quite a lot of tours getting pulled in Europe now. Differing Covid restrictons on venues, routing issues, resources like buses and equipment difficult and/or expensive to source, tough times. One band even sited the geopolitical situation (they had dates in Russia) as a part reason.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Quite a lot of tours getting pulled in Europe now. Differing Covid restrictons on venues, routing issues, resources like buses and equipment difficult and/or expensive to source, tough times. One band even sited the geopolitical situation (they had dates in Russia) as a part reason.

Speculatively bought Future Islands tickets for Lisbon or March, which was pulled last week with no new date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here