Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I managed to avoid the Newcastle depression by venue hopping around the city via Mutations Festival. I saw 7 full sets which works out at £3.97 per act! Excellent value and well run - all stages ran to time.

Clear and obvious highlights were local band KEG and Yard Act. The latter were quite aggro with the crowd at first which was very entertaining. Anyone else attend? Highlights I missed?

I’ve seen KEG before and thought they were great. I did think about getting a Saturday ticket having worked out I could see them along with John and Working Men’s Club and go to the football. Sadly didn’t get my act together. Looking forward to Snapped Ankles on Wednesday. As for aggro- was almost a fight between Richard Jobson and a heckler at The Skids last weekend which was quite entertaining. Kept interrupting his between song banter to such an extent he stopped telling stories and just played the songs.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
I’ve seen KEG before and thought they were great. I did think about getting a Saturday ticket having worked out I could see them along with John and Working Men’s Club and go to the football. Sadly didn’t get my act together. Looking forward to Snapped Ankles on Wednesday. As for aggro- was almost a fight between Richard Jobson and a heckler at The Skids last weekend which was quite entertaining. Kept interrupting his between song banter to such an extent he stopped telling stories and just played the songs.

You prob made the right choice in skipping with those choices as John cancelled last minute due to a broken foot. Fortunately they were my only clash on the day and so an easy switch to Courting (who were shambolic).

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The Wedding Present 2022 singles collection launch, Q&A and hour set at The Old Market, Hove tea time show Jan 22nd ... Tickets went on sale this morning.

Hoorah

Also the excellent Steve Mason with support from the excellent Pete Fij in Worthing December 21st

Another hoorah.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Black Country, New Road just cancelled, due to play on Monday. I wonder if they'll play at a bigger and better venue than Chalk for the rearranged gig?
Part Chimp and Little Simz coming up next month.

Slowly getting back into things.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Black Country, New Road just cancelled, due to play on Monday. I wonder if they'll play at a bigger and better venue than Chalk for the rearranged gig?
Part Chimp and Little Simz coming up next month.

Slowly getting back into things.

Bought some second hand tickets wednesday night for BCNR, only to cancel in the morning, talk about tempting fate. Want to try them out in a small venue as saw them at Wide Awake festival in the summer and didn't rate them on the big stage but thought it would maybe be different in a smaller venue. My friend saw Black Midi Wednesday and said they were great in chalk. I opted for Cabbage's last ever tour instead, which was ace.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Leaving the Leeds match a bit early to get to the Concorde tomorrow in time for for Pigs Pigs Pigs.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
How is the ventilation at the Concorde? Got WH Lung tickets next Monday but the thought of Christmas in lockdown is giving me pause for thought.

Not bad- the side door was closed for this one which is a bit unusual. It was a really cold night and didn’t feel too hot indoors. My experience of recent sold out gigs is that they feel less than sold out. People probably not using their tickets or venues deliberately underselling? I am enjoying Chalk immensely as a place to watch bands. It never seems that squashed, has excellent ventilation and plenty of people serving at the super long bar. Got tickets for PIL who are there in June next year.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm struggling to work out what you're attempting to convey in this post.

"ventilation"

:shrug:

anyway

NEXT YEAR!!!!

Bob Mould
Dean Wareham
Tindersticks
Kristin Hersh
Teenage Fanclub
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever
Matthew E White
The Weather Station
Drive By Truckers

....and The Wedding Present 3 times. :)

which, for a 50yr old bloke with taste is a pretty damn fine prospect.

:rock::moo::cheers:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The Wedding Present 2022 singles collection launch, Q&A and hour set at The Old Market, Hove tea time show Jan 22nd ... Tickets went on sale this morning.

Hoorah

Also the excellent Steve Mason with support from the excellent Pete Fij in Worthing December 21st

Another hoorah.

How was the singles launch?
Just heading off for the afternoon show.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yard Act in-store at Resident this evening. Bug Club at the Albert next Sunday. 2022 gigs begin for me.

Saw Yard Act at Rough Trade East on Friday - excellent. A Wet Leg double header next for me I think.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ooo, do post your thoughts on the WL gig.

Got tickets for both Margate and the 100 Club. The Margate one is a tiny venue, so should be great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here