Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Had a fun night last night. Had a couple of beers with a friend then wandered down to a ramshackle room in a strange semi derelict area by the river in Kreuzberg to see Blanck Mass. The venue, made mostly of wood, held about 40 people and had a Funktion One sound system which is probably worth more than the venue itself. At the gig, and before the other 38 people arrived, we decided to explore ....we found a room where a guy was sitting on a sofa having a smoke. Hello he says....it’s Mr Blanck Mass himself....we’d inadvertently walked back stage. An hour later he came on. A further hour later my ears are ringing. It was loud, intense, brutal at times, and you leave with most your senses beaten to submission. I love Blanck Mass.

Yes, good way of describing Blanck Mass and **** Buttons. Resident are bigging up Blanck Mass' new album too.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm 48 years old

I've been to a lot of gigs.

Guided By Voices, at times, were the greatest rock band I have ever seen

.....there was some 'filler'

Magnificent (and some crap from 'Zepplelin Over China')

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
On my way home from Muse at the Etihad. Managed to get wristbands for the pit as steward was handing them out in the beer queue. Brilliant to watch from the front with no crush as loads of room.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Anybody at a loose end could do a lot worse than venture down to The Haunt tonight - I know how eclectic some of you are but The HU (Mongolian Rock!) are in a niche of their own.

My sister went and said it was amazing, she didn't have a ticket so no ideas how she got in as they have sold out the whole tour.

At the other end of spectrum I am off to see Sterolab in Shepherds Bush tonight as I could not get a ticket for the Brighton show. Did anyone see them at the Concorde show this week.

FlowersBrighton

Mar 24, 2012
If anyone is interested I have two tickets for Nick Cave in Conversation at the Dome in Saturday 29th June. Moved away to Cornwall and won’t be able to get back unfortunately on the day. Face value £45 each.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Tickets purchased today for Melt Banana and McClusky. Both at The Haunt and both on Friday nights. Just have to hope our home games that weekend don’t get moved to the evening before.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Flatworms were rather spiffing last night at the Haunt. Played a few new tracks which were also aired on a live session on Marc Riley tonight as well.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Interpol were brilliant Wednesday at the dome. We are so lucky to have venues in Brighton that get the calibre of artist like them on our doorstep. No histrionics, they just came out and smashed through a flawless setlist. Top top band.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Interpol were brilliant Wednesday at the dome. We are so lucky to have venues in Brighton that get the calibre of artist like them on our doorstep. No histrionics, they just came out and smashed through a flawless setlist. Top top band.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Agreed. I really enjoyed the gig. Also refreshing to see not many I phones out recording and not much chat during the show either. Just loads of grumpy middle aged blokes, gently nodding and appreciating. Right up my street!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just looked at my tickets list: Europe and Def Leppard, Sónar Festival, Thee Oh Sees, Föllakzoid, Ty Segall, Weyes Blood, Ezra Furman, Sons of Kemet, Hot Chip.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Agreed. I really enjoyed the gig. Also refreshing to see not many I phones out recording and not much chat during the show either. Just loads of grumpy middle aged blokes, gently nodding and appreciating. Right up my street!

Great gig, would add that at times toes were tapping too as well as heads nodding.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just looked at my tickets list: Europe and Def Leppard, Sónar Festival, Thee Oh Sees, Föllakzoid, Ty Segall, Weyes Blood, Ezra Furman, Sons of Kemet, Hot Chip.

Starts off dreadfully, but the rest of it is a thing of beauty. We're being locked in a room tonight for three hours with Nick Cave.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Starts off dreadfully, but the rest of it is a thing of beauty. We're being locked in a room tonight for three hours with Nick Cave.

Europe and Def Leppard is a double bill back-to-my-teens gig; they’re playing Hysteria in full....an album I have not heard for 30 years or so. It was very tempting to omit it from the list :smile: The Comet is Coming have announced another date here; the Frau and Ich will be there for that as well...just waiting for ticket details now.

I saw the Cave Conversations thing a month or so ago. Highly entertaining and amusing at times with some lovely versions of his songs. Best part was a very awkward moment when a bloke asked if his wife could sing with him. I feel better for having gone but no way was it worth the 100 euros. Great work if you can get it and he must be making a fortune as he’s selling out venues across the US and Europe for what must be a very low cost production

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Two gigs this week, both around 5th time viewings with differing opinions...

Tuesday...The Burning Hell @ Hope and Ruin...Pretty good new stuff but didn't have the energy of previous gigs (imo of cause)

Wednesday...The Damned/The Piranahs @ Conc 2...Another guestlist ticket (after babybird earlier this year) and the best nothing I've every spent...The Piranahs top banter and ideal support for The Damned who played for nigh on two hours mixing a little new with a lot of classics...

Next stop Jenny Lewis next month...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here