Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My, what a double bill at C2 last night. Snapped Ankles kicked off proceedings, but were eclipsed by the triumph that are Beak>. A sonic, dynamic exploration like no other with a quite amazing bass sound, with plenty of between songs banter.

Thought both bands were superb and probably gig of the year so far for me. Nice short sets and as you say funny too. Missed the Beak> buffet - or rather didn’t see it. Sourced from pound land! I’ve got tickets for Snapped Ankles in October at The Haunt. Already looking forward to it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The buffet was seen, behind the merch along the ledge. Fortunately Beak> are playing End of the Road, so I'll get to see them again this year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just bought tickets for Sons of Kemet.

Also, a bunch of friends went to Beak> and Snapped Ankles and also said it was superb.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A friend has a ticket for Neneh Cherry tomorrow. It’s free, she just wants it to go to a good home. Please PM if you want it; I’ll put you in touch.

Saw her earlier this year; it was great and you’ll have a good time.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Saw Australian trio The Necks at St Luke’s Church last night. Never fail to disappoint in the 17 years or so I’ve experienced them live. Two 45 minute sets of minimalist jazz. Blissful. They sold out the same venue a couple of years so was surprised that it was only two thirds full last night. Perhaps the drab weather and a bank holiday w/end put some off.

Jul 7, 2003
Just bought tickets for Sons of Kemet.

Also, a bunch of friends went to Beak> and Snapped Ankles and also said it was superb.

Are you off to Metallica in Berlin? If so, make sure you get there to see the support. Really into Ghost now and believe Metallica have let them bring their full stage set with them. Not sure it will work as well in twilight but they are a great live act if somewhat weird.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Looking forward to Julia Holter tonight, despite the fact I have yet to make it through Aviary in one sitting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw The Good, The Bad, The Queen last night. Excellent gig. Really really good. Sound was excellent. Crowd were silent and appreciative. Ten piece band. Damon was chatty and on top form and very playful.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yeah, similar feelings on Aviary here but I thought she was astonishing and to my suprise the best moments were from Aviary - I Shall Love 1&2, Undearneath The Moon & Les Jeux To You.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes it was pretty special. I appreciated the small number of older songs sprinkled between the Aviary tracks and it sounds like there is newer material coming soon. I have just about forgiven her for thinking she was in Brighton and not Hove!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, similar feelings on Aviary here but I thought she was astonishing and to my suprise the best moments were from Aviary - I Shall Love 1&2, Undearneath The Moon & Les Jeux To You.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes it was pretty special. I appreciated the small number of older songs sprinkled between the Aviary tracks and it sounds like there is newer material coming soon. I have just about forgiven her for thinking she was in Brighton and not Hove!

I saw her at the end of last year; I think astonishing was the word I used as well. Personally, I really love the current album.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
finally getting to see "Guided By Voices" tonight.
I've got about 40 of Robert Pollard's 100+ albums.
At last night's show they squeezed 53 songs into a two and a half hour set, so I'm rather looking forwards to it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
At last night's show they squeezed 53 songs into a two and a half hour set, so I'm rather looking forwards to it.

Amazing. I had a few friends go up last night and they had a blinder. Wish I'd sorted my act out in time and got a ticket.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Never been a big fan of the endless set, no matter who's playing. I tend to lose the will to live when it goes much beyond two hours. But they were pretty good last Saturday cramming a mere 20 songs into a one-hour festival slot.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Never been a big fan of the endless set, no matter who's playing. I tend to lose the will to live when it goes much beyond two hours. But they were pretty good last Saturday cramming a mere 20 songs into a one-hour festival slot.

Fortunately/ unfortunately I'm somewhat under the weather so I get a nice comfy seat.

#toooldformoshpits

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a fun night last night. Had a couple of beers with a friend then wandered down to a ramshackle room in a strange semi derelict area by the river in Kreuzberg to see Blanck Mass. The venue, made mostly of wood, held about 40 people and had a Funktion One sound system which is probably worth more than the venue itself. At the gig, and before the other 38 people arrived, we decided to explore ....we found a room where a guy was sitting on a sofa having a smoke. Hello he says....it’s Mr Blanck Mass himself....we’d inadvertently walked back stage. An hour later he came on. A further hour later my ears are ringing. It was loud, intense, brutal at times, and you leave with most your senses beaten to submission. I love Blanck Mass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here