Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the little kid in the West Stand who wears a Liverpool Kit

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Should be turned away. Better for everyone.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There was a kid of about 12-13 in the East Stand wearing a Barca shirt on Saturday.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Does it really matter? The kid clearly loves football and, at the moment, Liverpool. All he wants to do is wear his football kit to the football.

His parents are probably mad Albion fans and he sees coming to us for a match as lower league. Just like I did when I used to follow
United as a kid before I saw the light fully. Leave him be, he'll come good and be in the stripes before long

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Same last season, and he's still wearing it this season!? Are his parents trying to be ironic? Its inconceivable to me, why the hell you would dress your child up in the colours of another football team?

the simple answer is its quite possible the parents simply dont like him:shrug:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This kid is in full Liverpool kit and then has the audacity to expect a high five from Gully and co.

Gully should respond to him in the way "Woody" did to my son at Disneyland Paris when he was about 4. My son was wearing a Buzz Lightyear hoodie and went up to Woody for an autograph/photo. Woody wagged his finger at him, pointing to the hoodie and showing his disappointment. Before we left the park at the end of the holiday, I asked my son what 1 thing he'd like from the shop to take home. He chose a talking Woody.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So he's not wearing an Albion shirt, but he is attending matches with (presumably) some sort of regularity.

Does this make him more of a fan than someone that doesn't attend at all? Or is someone sat at home wearing an Albion shirt who never attends games a 'better' fan?

The answer, of course, is that it doesn't bloody matter. Many kids have second teams until they start to appreciate/understand the meaning behind supporting a team. I know I did until the age of 10.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This thread shows that like every other club we have a sadly high percentage of 'fans' who are complete ********s with no life outside football.
The lad is about FIVE years old apparently, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
In that case you could get a "scoup" for NSC and ask him the story behind it.

His dad has been to the nou camp. To be fair the kid has more Albion merchandise bought for him every year than I thought was possible. Normally he is in full Albion kit. Clearly he was having an Oscar tribute moment!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
When I was a kid, I use to go to Albion games with a United top on.

I'll say what my Dad told his mates when he got stick for allowing it to happen:

"It doesn't matter, what matters is that he's here, watching the Albion win, lose or draw. He's got match of the day for the other crap"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here