Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The LEAST exciting Albion signing ever?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Try not to use hindsight.. when he joined us it didn't look a bad signing. He only took the mickey afterwards.

Noted, I have started a thread that removes that criteria.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What Peruvian wingers we never had any. Assume you mean the Argentines Baz and Battipedi. Of that era Johnny Dixon would be my shout.

Donkey's ago (guessing at late 70's) ... after Peru put in a half decent performance at the World Cup.

Or maybe I'm going mad

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I very rarely get excited about signings, mainly because I don't pay much attention to other teams' players, so have no idea what to expect. That may change as we get into a position to be linked with more notable players than we have in the past (at least during my time as a fan) beyond players like savage and lee hendry.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I am usually open minded about any player we sign. I am at least a teeny bit excited because I don't know who he is or it hasn't worked out at a previous club but might for us.
The one exception for me was Daniel Webb.

Last edited:

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora - what did they ever do for us?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Probably that chap who's name I've forgotten AGAIN !!!
Brian Horton signed him on a free and about a week or so later we sold him to Motherwell for £150,000
Good business that too !!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I bet Peter Suddaby didn't exactly raise much excitement when he was signed by Brighton in 1979/80. A lower league defender coming to the end of his career... still, Mullery was proved right. Excellent buy.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Brian Horton signed him on a free and about a week or so later we sold him to Motherwell for £150,000

Paul Holsgrove, I think. But again, this suggestion is surely based on hindsight, no? At the time we signed him, he was probably our most significant acquisition for several years and came to us from a higher level (well everything was a higher level then). I remember being well pleased with the signing, then disappointed (but slightly impressed) when we cashed in on him a few days later.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Paul Holsgrove. We sold him to Hibs not Motherwell, he is considered by many Hibs fans to be their worse ever signing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Butters.

He then turned out to be one of my faviourite players for the albion, I loved how he managed to win every header without even jumping.

Seriously good footballer, maybe looking back I just didnt know enough about him at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here