Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Latest Betting odds on next Albion Manager

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
The source for the managers mentioned mostly comes from this board, so it's no surprise that they are top of the betting. Sherwood was hot favourite at the start and that showed in the betting, at the same time people were talking non-stop about him.
I do not believe any manager mentioned on here ( notice I said manager, not coach), or at the top of the bookies list is going to be our next manager. There has been plenty of time for the club to talk to Sherwood and Hughton over the last few weeks, as both are looking for jobs, and had the deal done and dusted.
Hughton, why? Anyone in football during this last season has moaned about his style of football being to defensive. Tony is not stupid and it would be a poor appointment.

I would look further afield, he did say some of the candidates were not English, I did a little research and here is a name that could be a contender

"Juande" Ramos Cano (born 25 September 1954 in Spain) is a Spanish former footballer and manager who is currently a free agent after not renewing his contract with the Ukrainian football club Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in May 2014.

He has managed Real Madrid and Spurs, he ticks a few boxes and is looking for a job. He did well a Sevilla, not so well at Spurs but then went on to do well at Real Madrid.

My point is, our next manager will not be any of the managers being mentioned on here. If it is not Clement, it will be someone further down the betting.

I was wondering this yesterday. I'm sure that they will speak to some of the names mentioned here (maybe we will get Sherwood or similar), but I was wondering whether we might not end up with someone we've never mentioned - e.g. who would have thought of Oscar coming?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Yes, and keen as mustard to prove a point, i dont for one minute believe he will be as outspoken with us, he was a dead man walking at spurs from day 1 and was badly let down by some players simply because they knew he would not be there.

Given the opportunity to bring his own players in that want to play for him i think he could be an excellent choice.
Already well known for giving young players a chance too, and plays attacking football.

They key thing there is you say "given the opportunity to bring in his own players". Worryingly I'm not sure anyone we appoint will be allowed to bring their own players. Barber seems to have this fun role wrapped up solely as part of his job.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Well if all these odds are being generated by rumours on here and (as much as I hate the idea) some newspapers are talking about Joey Barton having management potential, let's see if we can get him to 33/1.

No?

Good.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Barber? It's got nothing to do with Barber. It's Burke's job

Yeah my bad. They're both non entities in my opinion. But bottom line is I don't think our new manager, whoever it maybe, will be allowed to bring in the players they want.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
But bottom line is I don't think our new manager, whoever it maybe, will be allowed to bring in the players they want.

That goes for most managers at most clubs. They will always push the budget, just a question of how closely we control it.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Yeah my bad. They're both non entities in my opinion. But bottom line is I don't think our new manager, whoever it maybe, will be allowed to bring in the players they want.

Not quite sure who we'll attract given that caveat .... I was pondering this last night ... if you were an interviewee surely the question "where do you see yourself in a years time" is a bit of a no brainer ...unless there is a complete U-turn on the "Manager" bringing in the players that he wants to we will surely find ourselves hunting for another new manager this time next year ...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The FINAL say on player acquisitions will be the manager's. We don't have an unlimited budget, but who does? Where's the problem?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
They're both non entities in my opinion.

I presume you have an in-depth knowledge of what Messrs Barber and Burke do, to be able to come up with that damning description of them ...? Do you work with them and observe them on a daily basis?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I presume you have an in-depth knowledge of what Messrs Barber and Burke do, to be able to come up with that damning description of them ...? Do you work with them and observe them on a daily basis?

No. He gets Sundays off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here