The Latest Betting odds on next Albion Manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Looking at the list of managers below the odds list, where does Charles Webb come in the longest serving managers list? Is he ahead of, or just behind Sir Alex Ferguson? The shocking statistic is just how many managers we have had in the last 40 years.

to be fair we did manage to get through 8 managers in the two years between oct 2001 and oct 2003

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's interesting that Sherwood was the most linked candidate when Garcia resigned but he's gradually been mentioned less and less in both the media and NSC (the same thing?). I was wondering why this might be. Has Sherwood declared he's not interested? Or has someone close to the club leaked the fact we're not interested?
It's seems we're being set-up to expect Clement or Hughton.
For me, Sherwood would be one of the more exciting and entertaining managers.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
It's interesting that Sherwood was the most linked candidate when Garcia resigned but he's gradually been mentioned less and less in both the media and NSC (the same thing?). I was wondering why this might be. Has Sherwood declared he's not interested? Or has someone close to the club leaked the fact we're not interested?

The club are not interested in Sherwood due to his "character"

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

That often happens though. When a role comes up, one name is immediatwly linked strongly and if it's not done quickly, that name fades out of the picture. I wasn't happy about Sherwood anyway

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Is Clement still coming?

I haven't heard anything from my contact either way so will just have to wait and see...

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The source for the managers mentioned mostly comes from this board, so it's no surprise that they are top of the betting. Sherwood was hot favourite at the start and that showed in the betting, at the same time people were talking non-stop about him.
I do not believe any manager mentioned on here ( notice I said manager, not coach), or at the top of the bookies list is going to be our next manager. There has been plenty of time for the club to talk to Sherwood and Hughton over the last few weeks, as both are looking for jobs, and had the deal done and dusted.
Hughton, why? Anyone in football during this last season has moaned about his style of football being to defensive. Tony is not stupid and it would be a poor appointment.

I would look further afield, he did say some of the candidates were not English, I did a little research and here is a name that could be a contender

"Juande" Ramos Cano (born 25 September 1954 in Spain) is a Spanish former footballer and manager who is currently a free agent after not renewing his contract with the Ukrainian football club Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in May 2014.

He has managed Real Madrid and Spurs, he ticks a few boxes and is looking for a job. He did well a Sevilla, not so well at Spurs but then went on to do well at Real Madrid.

My point is, our next manager will not be any of the managers being mentioned on here. If it is not Clement, it will be someone further down the betting.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I like Sherwoods character
Exactly this. I will look forward to his interviews win or lose. It's expecting the unexpected is what i like about him. I really hope he gets the job.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exactly this. I will look forward to his interviews win or lose. It's expecting the unexpected is what i like about him. I really hope he gets the job.

Yes, and keen as mustard to prove a point, i dont for one minute believe he will be as outspoken with us, he was a dead man walking at spurs from day 1 and was badly let down by some players simply because they knew he would not be there.

Given the opportunity to bring his own players in that want to play for him i think he could be an excellent choice.
Already well known for giving young players a chance too, and plays attacking football.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
nott looking good for you now is it...... i feel sorry for all those people who piled on at the bookies....

Not sure how you have come to that conclusion, just because i haven't spoken to someone does not mean that the information has changed...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The source for the managers mentioned mostly comes from this board, so it's no surprise that they are top of the betting. Sherwood was hot favourite at the start and that showed in the betting, at the same time people were talking non-stop about him.
I do not believe any manager mentioned on here ( notice I said manager, not coach), or at the top of the bookies list is going to be our next manager. There has been plenty of time for the club to talk to Sherwood and Hughton over the last few weeks, as both are looking for jobs, and had the deal done and dusted.
Hughton, why? Anyone in football during this last season has moaned about his style of football being to defensive. Tony is not stupid and it would be a poor appointment.

I would look further afield, he did say some of the candidates were not English, I did a little research and here is a name that could be a contender

"Juande" Ramos Cano (born 25 September 1954 in Spain) is a Spanish former footballer and manager who is currently a free agent after not renewing his contract with the Ukrainian football club Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in May 2014.

He has managed Real Madrid and Spurs, he ticks a few boxes and is looking for a job. He did well a Sevilla, not so well at Spurs but then went on to do well at Real Madrid.

My point is, our next manager will not be any of the managers being mentioned on here. If it is not Clement, it will be someone further down the betting.

Ramos + Barber = history

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not sure how you have come to that conclusion, just because i haven't spoken to someone does not mean that the information has changed...

I hope you are right, its clement or sherwood for me. The other candidates ive seen so far are very bland and merry go round managers.

Im sure TB has it in hand.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
I hope you are right, its clement or sherwood for me. The other candidates ive seen so far are very bland and merry go round managers.

I'm sure they do have it in hand, I strongly believe that the process is further down the road than the club are letting on in the public forum. As for my contacts information, I don't have any reason to doubt what they say as everything has been spot on in the past from OGJ's arrival to player signings to movements on the Commercial front i.e. Nike Sponsorship. However a few other people on here also have contacts and have had strong information from them too...

My concern now is that the whole Celtic, Spurs & Southampton merry go round will affect the market massively, Spurs would be a fantastic acquisition for most managers/coaches out there and Celtic is a no brainer as the new gaffer would have guaranteed silverware without it being a challenge (perfect for OGJ?). Until Spurs & Southampton are sorted, WBA & BHAFC will just have to wait their turn...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Sherwood it is then.....................Clement (IMHO) will stay at least one more season at Real, if this not the case WBA are in front of us to gain his services (again IMHO)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports