Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Kick It Out campaign and petition

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My signature has now been removed. I would urge anyone else who signed by "accident" to PM the OP and get it removed. Interestingly, the lady asking for signatures never once made clear what it was really for and was more interested in getting donations - thankfully I didn't hand over any money. What a con. The OP should be apologising.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Quite appalled that people were being told "sign here to back Kick Racism out of Football" when actually what they were signing was a statement condemning our current manager.
240 people signed - many of which have since said they wished they hadn't. Who the hell are you to represent "the majority of Brighton and Hove supporters"??
What did you hope to achieve? The club to take action against Poyet??
I would love to know what your objectives actually were?? Do you want Poyet out? He gave his views on an issue. Agree or disagree but do not trick fans into backing you!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Quite appalled that people were being told "sign here to back Kick Racism out of Football" when actually what they were signing was a statement condemning our current manager.
240 people signed - many of which have since said they wished they hadn't. Who the hell are you to represent "the majority of Brighton and Hove supporters"??
What did you hope to achieve? The club to take action against Poyet??
I would love to know what your objectives actually were?? Do you want Poyet out? He gave his views on an issue. Agree or disagree but do not trick fans into backing you!

This. And I'm utterly ashamed of myself for falling for the con.

Evul Buddha

Dec 16, 2008
Brighton
Saw the stand on my way past falmer station, giving out lots of stickers to kids and grabbing peoples attention that way. I don't think there was a stall actually on the clubs property (correct me if I'm wrong though). Absolute disgrace that they would con people into signing a petition like this, glad didn't sign it or speak to anyone, absolutely unbelievable and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Phil Squod

Dec 18, 2011
Can't see what you're all getting so hot under the collar about: this Jonny Fever bloke seems to talk a lot of sense - especially if you've actually read the transcripts of what Poyet said. Nobody seems to be actually asking the club to take action against Poyet - just that the club makes a clearer stand against racism. And people were reading the petition before they signed it -as I did! As for a con - I spoke to the woman doing the stall and she was only asking for donations to cover costs as they'd bought the stuff with their own money - she gave away a lot of it anyway!

Can't see what you're all getting so hot under the collar about:

Re-read the thread then. I think it's quite clear why some people feel conned. I'm also not happy for Johnny Fever to presume to speak for the majority of Brighton fans in criticising Gus.

EDIT - Registered just this evening and first post is to support Johnny Fever who seems to have gone AWOL. Anyone else smell a rat?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Can't see what you're all getting so hot under the collar about: this Jonny Fever bloke seems to talk a lot of sense - especially if you've actually read the transcripts of what Poyet said. Nobody seems to be actually asking the club to take action against Poyet - just that the club makes a clearer stand against racism. And people were reading the petition before they signed it -as I did! As for a con - I spoke to the woman doing the stall and she was only asking for donations to cover costs as they'd bought the stuff with their own money - she gave away a lot of it anyway!

How strange - a first post and it's in favour of these con artists !!!! Hello Johny Fever !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This ill conceived, piece of shit petition should be chucked in the dustbin.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
like racism, this poster Phil Squod should be told to f*** off

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I saw someone handing out badges and as a liberal leftie was minded to sign the petition, however smelt a rat.

The people behind this particular 'campaign' are malevolent little shits who are at best disingenuous, but in reality a bunch of duplicitous twats who have no interest or connection with the Albion fanbase, and as far as I am concerned are a disgrace to those who are trying to deal with the issue of racism.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I stand to be flamed for my stupidity but I signed it without checking the small print as the "Kick it Out" campaign is something I believe in. I now don't want to be connected to such a con and withdraw my signature. An idiot I may have been but it doesn't compare to people like you conning people. Quite frankly I want nothing to do with c**ts like you and your campaign - especially as you linked yourself to a valid campaign without making it clear what you were doing.

I will be PM'ing you to remove my signature.

So you signed a petition without asking what it was about? :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My signature has now been removed. I would urge anyone else who signed by "accident" to PM the OP and get it removed.

Signed by accident :facepalm:

How many other idiots are there out there?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So you signed a petition without asking what it was about? :facepalm:

I think WS signed it in good faith believing it was part of the general 'Kick it Out' campaign, which is a worthwhile cause (except in the eyes of Das Reich). The clowns at the Falmex yesterday hijacked it for their own ends.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think WS signed it in good faith believing it was part of the general 'Kick it Out' campaign, which is a worthwhile cause (except in the eyes of Das Reich). The clowns at the Falmex yesterday hijacked it for their own ends.

But isn't part of the general campaign to admonish comments like those which Gus made?

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
There was NEVER any intention of conning people to sign something they didn't agree with.
This really was an honest attempt to keep the Kick Racism Out of Football campaign alive. Gus Poyets comments were published on the KIO website, so any criticism of him was not at odds with the aims of the campaign.
On the day that Poyet made his comments, NSC had lots of threads with posts saying that the club should respond in some way.
The petition wording didn't call for any sanctions against the manager, just that the club continue to maintain an anti-racist committment.
By all means PM me if you are now unhappy and want your signature removed.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
There was NEVER any intention of conning people to sign something they didn't agree with.
This really was an honest attempt to keep the Kick Racism Out of Football campaign alive. Gus Poyets comments were published on the KIO website, so any criticism of him was not at odds with the aims of the campaign.
On the day that Poyet made his comments, NSC had lots of threads with posts saying that the club should respond in some way.
The petition wording didn't call for any sanctions against the manager, just that the club continue to maintain an anti-racist committment.
By all means PM me if you are now unhappy and want your signature removed.

All you're doing is bringing things back up that have already been swept under the carpet and forgotten about by the media.
Our manager isn't racist and we don't exactly have an issue with racism in our club. End of.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
The people behind this particular 'campaign' are malevolent little shits who are at best disingenuous, but in reality a bunch of duplicitous twats who have no interest or connection with the Albion fanbase, and as far as I am concerned are a disgrace to those who are trying to deal with the issue of racism.

I have no idea if this is true but I would like to believe it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here