The Kerry Mayo Testimonial Match

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Mr Ferett sir...

Any news on any more ex-players performing? The Cullips, Brookers, Watsons and Joneses of the world?

And have any of the stewards agreed to work for free? Without kicking up a fuss?:)

Current players always have to get their manager's permission - and some have to wait until reporting back for pre-season before they can get the green light for certain.

HOWEVER, the Cullips, Joneses and Virgos of this world certainly intend to be there participating.

In addition I am currently in discussions with several "stars of the 80s" who are awaiting news of their media commitments around that time before they can confirm participation.

We will be releasing names at regular intervals as they get signed-up.

As for the Stewards, the information there was not quite correct, due to the legislative restrictions around stewards.

While Kerry would obviously welcome any offers from certified Stewards, I do not believe that they will be asked to work for free.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Mustela Furo said:
Current players always have to get their manager's permission - and some have to wait until reporting back for pre-season before they can get the green light for certain.

HOWEVER, the Cullips, Joneses and Virgos of this world certainly intend to be there participating.

In addition I am currently in discussions with several "stars of the 80s" who are awaiting news of their media commitments around that time before they can confirm participation.

We will be releasing names at regular intervals as they get signed-up.

As for the Stewards, the information there was not quite correct, due to the legislative restrictions around stewards.

While Kerry would obviously welcome any offers from certified Stewards, I do not believe that they will be asked to work for free.

Sounds cracking! :clap:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Mustela Furo said:

I should bloody hope not, imagine it... "So then mate, do you fancing sacraficing your £6 a hour so it can be given to a footballer who earns proberly 10 times you in a year!! :lolol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
RoyalAli said:
Every man and his dog is a ST at Reading now....

Nevertheless, I'll be there - hopefully the weather will be good..

Will this every man and his dog you speak of be bringing pizza?

I hope so!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm presuming and hoping this will be filmed and sold on DVD for those of us who can't make it? Sounds like it's going to be a brilliant day :clap2:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Frank

We are looking into this possibility - some sort of personally signed commemorative ticket

More news over the next week or so.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
for completeness (although it is also in it's own thread now ... but this is the sticky!)

25 SEASONS AFTER THEIR HISTORICAL FA CUP FINAL APPEARANCE

JIMMY CASE, STEVE FOSTER AND GERRY RYAN

ARE THE LATEST LEGENDS TO BE SIGNED UP TO PLAY IN

THE ALL-STAR CELEBRITY MATCH

AT THE

KERRY MAYO TESTIMONIAL

Saturday 28th July, Withdean Stadium Brighton

GATES OPEN 12:30pm ACTION STARTS 1:45pm

Stars confirmed previously include PETER WARD, MATT LE TISSIER & BOBBY ZAMORA*

TICKETS ON SALE NOW

All Tickets must be purchased in advance – There will be no opportunity to “pay on the gate”

Tickets available from the usual club outlets :

Ticketline: 01273-776992

Online: www.seagulls.co.uk

In Person or by Post: The Seagulls Shop, 5 Queens Road, Brighton

Hospitality & Sponsorship packages also available - contact Clare Morgan – 07879-471043

* Currently contracted players appear by kind permission of their parent clubs

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
How much are the tickets? I thought they were £25 but it appears they may be less looking at the online prices.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
2 x tickets purchased :clap2:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2 x tickets purchased at the Kerry Mayo boxing night about 4 years ago. :cool:

Thanks Magoo for making us wait so long. :angry:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Whatever the rights and wrongs of Kerry playing/not playing at the moment, I hope Withdean is full for this match.

:clap: :clap:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Like waiting for a bus.

Having waited 2 years for Kerrys big day. OGH is due one this year as well

exactly , wonder when plans for OGHs will be drawn up..

although we might get the same level of team , can see Kez get PISSED if OGH gets a team like Liverpool or Arsenal down here...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Didn't Reading finish in the top ten?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
how are tickets selling? Not got mine yet, don't want it to be sold out before i get them!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
shame its a saturday as I will be playing cricket..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports