Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Kerry Mayo Testimonial Match

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I am disappointed that Reading will be the opposition for Mayo's testimonial. Making them the guests of honour will only make them feel important. Let's hope that they bring more fans to Withdean than have ever brought to a league game there.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Complete Badger said:
Ha ha - why would Reading bring ANY fans to this game? It's struggling to interest some albion fans, why would a Reading fan want to go?

An excuse for a weekend in Brighton in the summer???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Complete Badger said:
Ha ha - why would Reading bring ANY fans to this game? It's struggling to interest some albion fans, why would a Reading fan want to go?
There are some Reading fans living fairly locally - not many I grant you, but those that have been in the shop are quite pleased and proud to have been chosen for the Testimonial, and they'll certainly be there.

So Sussex Reading fans might well show up. I'd expect around 300-400 of them.

Put it this way, how many Brighton fans would go to a Steve Sidwell testimonial in Reading?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
Put it this way, how many Brighton fans would go to a Steve Sidwell testimonial in Reading?

None,

seeing as he's not likely to be there past this Season, and certainly not for 10 years

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The Large One said:
Alright, how many Brighton fans would go to Reading if Brighton were playing there in a pre-season - irrespective of whether it was anyone's testimonial?

150 or so?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The Large One said:

yeh but some Brighton fans would go to that because he played for us, but Mayo didnt play for Reading so they have no reason what so ever to go to the game.

still id say about 100 or so LOYAL Reading fans will be there

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
seven stands said:
has anyone brought their ticket online as i cant find a link ?

they will be online (if they are not already)

been away for a few days - back now and sorting out admin and stuff ... which will include getting these online (if as I say they are not already !!)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Zesh Rehman said:
yeh but some Brighton fans would go to that because he played for us, but Mayo didnt play for Reading so they have no reason what so ever to go to the game.

still id say about 100 or so LOYAL Reading fans will be there

my mate's a season ticket holder at Reading. he's coming.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Mr Ferett sir...

Any news on any more ex-players performing? The Cullips, Brookers, Watsons and Joneses of the world?

And have any of the stewards agreed to work for free? Without kicking up a fuss?:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here