Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The international break has come at a good time

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm knackered.

I will take two weeks to rest and recuperate - lots of early nights etc - to get myself ready for the big push towards Christmas.

Other than our two Europa League games, I have no idea who else we're playing when. I don't know who we are playing immediately after the international break, but I will be fit and firing when needed.

Anyone else?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm knackered.

I will take two weeks to rest and recuperate - lots of early nights etc - to get myself ready for the big push towards Christmas.

Other than our two Europa League games, I have no idea who else we're playing when. I don't know who we are playing immediately after the international break, but I will be fit and firing when needed.

Anyone else?
I very much need the break but I do know our first game back is Forest away because I’m going :facepalm:

(15 loyalty points and a great ground but I might be drinking water and packing my own sandwiches).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Following 3 away games on bounce after the break, we've got 3 in 9 days at home.
I hate the International break, but this one is ironically welcome
This break doesn't even have any meaningful qualifiers to look forward to either (for an England fan anyway). Two dead rubbers against lower tier opposition would not normally be something I'd welcome in place of 2 weeks of PL or European football!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm knackered.

Anyone else?
Agree…….I’m a bit ‘footballed out’ after this week (went to a game on Saturday as well 🤣), the break will be welcome. Can’t do Forest away due to other stuff so Athens next for me. Two weeks for the squad to recuperate a bit hopefully, some of the injured players get that bit closer to returning and RdeZ could probably do with a bit of downtime.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wish none of our players were playing in any internationals. That would do us the world of good.

But yes, I don't want any football for a couple of weeks either.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Feel like we've been running on fumes in the PL lately, we need to recharge.

Unfortunately, some players will be flown away far and wide for meaningless friendlies

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm knackered.

Anyone else?
I am considering not going to Forest. Rest up for the Athens trip.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My mate reckons this time of year is shithouse anyway.

Certainly need a break.

Normally I’d turn to golf but don’t see many tracks being open with the recent weather

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We need the time to get a few players back.

If we can get Pervis back ... properly back ... that will be a massive boost.

Dunky will be massive also, but with Van Hecke and Igor in good form, we can cope without.

Evan, we should give him the time he needs to get right.

Just pray we don't lose anyone else playing international football

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’ve got a feeling that Pervis may be out for a while. However, hopefully Lamptey, Dunk, Milner and Ferguson will be back.

What was the injury that Lamptey picked up in the warm-up at Everton?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This international break could be season-defining.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nope…..for myself I’d rather not that there’s a break….November is a month I don’t find that appealing with its short days …so bllx to boring internationals

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I’ve got a feeling that Pervis may be out for a while. However, hopefully Lamptey, Dunk, Milner and Ferguson will be back.
If nothing else the break will help in getting injured players back. You could be right about Pervis we shall see. I did a quick count; had we been playing today, say, including the suspension, we would have had 10 players out. Yes, 10! TL, PE, JM, SM, LD, JE, EF, MD, DW, and probably Moder, given he wasn't introduced yesterday. The last 2 home games have indeed been frustrating, but some players are having to turn out too often. Yes, one can say they are fit professionals, but at the pace of the modern game, it is truly draining with only 2 day's rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here