Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The injustice against Brighton

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Can someone make a compilation of the three bookable fouls Alexis made?
1. On mitoma as he broke down the left channel
2. I think it was in gross as he approached the box and Alexis kicked him over
3. Again on the left in the second half as either mitoma or march were clear of him.

1 and 3 were basically the same as the one Baleba got booked for.

It was the right result and the special pleading from liveprool fans is weird.
I rewatched the match yesterday and all 3 were stonewall bookings. Alexis at least had the good grace to look embarrassed when he didn't see yellow for two of them. I don't especially mind if a ref is very lenient in a match provided a) he doesn't then book someone else for the same offence and b) he doesn't give a yellow to RDZ for complaining. If his argument is that moaning to the 4th official is an automatic yellow card nowadays then he then hasn't got a leg to stand on in not booking MacAllister for 3 "automatic" yellow card fouls.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was going to say this. He actually gave the penalty for Baleba's tackle, which was never a foul. But VAR then gave it for the Gross foul - quite rightly really
Do we know that? Or did they just not overrule him whatever decision it was.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well he was pointing at the second foul on the pitch, but the decision on the big screen was foul by Gross.
Ah. However, as we know from the Spurs / Liverpool game, there is not necessarily a connection between what the ref and VAR are thinking!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Both teams benefited from the lack of cards. The TV commentators remarked on this several times. March may not agree that it was only Liverpool who benefited.

I loved the way the ref did that as well as playing on, definitely helping a game with openings aplenty.

Far better than the refs who fall for the tactics of teams who look to ruin momentum - Fulham, Everton etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here