Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The injustice against Brighton

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Groß was also lucky not to be booked towards the end when he tripped somebody and Taylor played advantage. We were all thinking he'd go back and book him when the game next stopped, but I think we managed to keep it in play for so long, he forgot, rather like the ref did with one of the Newcastle players when we played them a few weeks ago.

Mac Allister was similarly lucky not to be booked for two first half fouls, as was Luis Diaz for two more and a show of dissent.

C'est la vie. Hopefully Klopp won't demand a replay.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Because it wasn’t a man attempt to play the ball it should have been a red card, the double jeopardy rule wouldn’t apply.
Sky were pushing that 'not attempting to make a challenge' line. Ignoring evidence that he was making a challenge. He was holding the opponent's shirt, so it was an unfair challenge, but he was definitely doing enough for the ref to accept that he was trying to make a tackle. A red would have been very harsh.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Sky were pushing that 'not attempting to make a challenge' line. Ignoring evidence that he was making a challenge. He was holding the opponent's shirt, so it was an unfair challenge, but he was definitely doing enough for the ref to accept that he was trying to make a tackle. A red would have been very harsh.
I agree. He did actually then get his foot in front of the player and almost to the ball - that is he was pulling the shirt in an attempt to win the ball - not purely to stop the player.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
IMG_7978.jpeg

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
The ref was embarrassing, carrying too much weight, couldn’t keep up with play to see what was going on, obviously trying to make up for last weeks shambles

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Apparently this is basically the “top team” at PGMOL in a show of strength after last week for Liverpool too

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Ref got everything pretty much spot on IMHO.
Jesus, love the different opinions in football. I thought he let the liverpool tactical fouls go unpunished all through. Then decides to book baleba for having the audacity to challenge for the ball. Thought he was shocking the way he let them disrupt. Also thought it was a pen for the handball, look.like he almost caught it (but haven't seen a replay tbf).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just seen a replay. There's also the issue that Nunez's pass was away from goal and not under the Szoboszlai's control, with Verbruggen right there, so not a denial of a clear goalsoring opportunity, either.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I liked the fact everyone went mental for the pen shout even if it turns out it wasn’t as it came off his thigh. Fired everyone up a bit and stoked the crowd.

We want a replay was one of the funniest chants I’ve heard at any football for a long time 👏

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The snide ‘training ground’ fouls in the middle of the pitch piss me off. #7 and #9 all game long, just fouling to stop the game, apparently blissful in the knowledge they’ll not get booked. It’s trained into them, happens with so many teams, it’s a ghastly scab on football, been going on for a few years now, and we don’t seem to do it. Blue and white specs? I don’t think so, it’s just professional cheating.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Too few bookings for Liverpool for me, they were fortunate to keep 11 on the pitch. Definite over compensation for last week, Liverpool were allowed to foul with impunity for the most part.

No complaints with the result, both sides will feel they could have won, in the end a decent point for both of us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here