Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The incident in Southend town centre

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
What, like "Oh! Hold me back! Really! Hold me back or I might just kill that geezer!", while the steward/copper stands idly in front knowing full well the bloke doesn't have the balls to actually put himself at risk of (a) a shoeing or (b) arrest.

No, held back like being pulled to one side and cornered in a little police box thing.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
What, like "Oh! Hold me back! Really! Hold me back or I might just kill that geezer!", while the steward/copper stands idly in front knowing full well the bloke doesn't have the balls to actually put himself at risk of (a) a shoeing or (b) arrest.

:safeway2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Good to see one of resident bigots in excellent form, shame you had to go to Doncaster to fill the position of village idiot, surely there must be places closer to home with a vacancy for the position.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blimey - that's what I just thought!

Maybe they could send 'em all back to the Medieval times so they can have a pop at a mob of dung-spreaders, tooled-up with cudgels? :thumbsup:

Or at least to Shakespeare's era, might give him some new subject matter.

"Gadzooks! We shalt run thine idiotes backe to yonder turfe!"

"Away, vile ruffian, lest thou shalt get thine fuckinge head kick'd in. Surrender not to the IRA!"

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Aah well at least it was away from the games and hopefully women and kids.
On a sidenote its always nice to know at least there are a few 'fans' that will hold there own.

I know i'll get slated for this from the pc brigade but u have to remember that in the old days brighton did have a tasty and active 'firm' - nothing worse than a group who wont stand there ground and run away.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
SO many skinheads there today, and as someone who has been to a fair number of away games a lot of them never seen before. Not suprised there was trouble. They can all f*** off.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Aah well at least it was away from the games and hopefully women and kids.
On a sidenote its always nice to know at least there are a few 'fans' that will hold there own.

I know i'll get slated for this from the pc brigade but u have to remember that in the old days brighton did have a tasty and active 'firm' - nothing worse than a group who wont stand there ground and run away.

But were they 'holding their own' or just getting a bit lairy and lobbing glasses indisciminately, only steaming in when the numbers are on their side?

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Good to see one of resident bigots in excellent form, shame you had to go to Doncaster to fill the position of village idiot, surely there must be places closer to home with a vacancy for the position.

i was looking at MILF city but realised the position had already been filled

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I thought the same, very few recognisable faces.

This always makes me laugh. So you know everyone by face who goes to games then? It always amazes me that everytime I see the Albion away from home their are people who I would swear I'd never seen before. Maybe its just me and I don't pay attention.....

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
This always makes me laugh. So you know everyone by face who goes to games then? It always amazes me that everytime I see the Albion away from home their are people who I would swear I'd never seen before. Maybe its just me and I don't pay attention.....

Obviously don't know everyone's faces, but you do get to recognise a decent amount of people. I might be completely wrong but from my impression today there were a lot of people who haven't been to many games this season, and many of those people looked like they were there because of the possibility of trouble. If you think that's ridiculous then fine, maybe I am being reactionary, but it was just my impression - and reports of trouble and an army of police would suggest I'm not far off!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill

No, I know a fair number 'by face' as regular away fans. There are certain games that attract those up for causing some trouble, Millwall and Palace would be the obvious ones and Southend appears to fall in that bracket as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here