Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barry LLoyd

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's too soon for Calde but what the hell, go Team Calde.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If/When Poyet goes to Reading....

Who would you like to see as his successor??

Here's a likely shortlist of applicants for the job, who would you want?

Alex McLeish – Did a great job at Birmingham City, winning their clubs first major silverware, unfairly hounded out at Villa having kept the club up after losing many of their star players.

Paul Dickov – Worked on a shoestring budget at Oldham, plotted the clubs famous downfall of PL giants Liverpool before deciding to leave the club.

Ruel Fox – Interviewed for the Albion job before and held in high regard by the board, international management experience adds weight to his C.V.

Nigel Adkins – Led Southampton to successive promotions playing an exciting brand of football, looked likely to lead Saints to a remarkable first year surivival before being harshly sacked.

Steve Kean – Led Blackburn to the top of the Championship tree this season before being fired, since then the club has been in freefall showing the job Kean did was much better than many outsiders may like to admit.

Alan Curbishley – Out of the game for a few years but a great C.V and an advocate of patient football and building a club up properly from its foundations.

Jamie Redknapp – Feels somewhat sidelined at Sky after Gary Neville got the big gig as chief pundit. Looking to follow his father into management, would be likely to play an attractive style.

Michael Appleton – Huge respect inside the game for the job he did with his hands tied at Portsmouth. Was rebuilding at Blackburn, including a fine victory at the Emirates in the FA Cup, big future in the game.

Phil Brown – Still quoted as saying he has one big job left in him, big personality and fans favourite. Did an extraordinary job at Hull in getting the club into the top level for the first time and keeping them there against all odds.

Paulo Sergio – An outsider, but could be the ideal choice, would continue the continental style of play employed under Poyet, a players manager with big respect abroad for his forward thinking coaching style.

Steve McLaren – A fine reputation as one of the best coaches in the country, picked up a huge amount of experience on the continent in recent years including huge success at FC Twente. Would be likely to cost a great deal but Bloom may want to break the bank to bring a big name to the Amex to show our ambition. Former UEFA Cup finalist at Middlesborough and enjoyed unprecedented success as Sir Alex’s no 2 at Man U.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poyet. As he won't go...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Albion's next permanent manager

I REALLY want Roberto Martinez but I can't see that happening.

The one that interests me is Luis Enrique. He is immediately available having previously managed Roma until 2012. I see he also managed Barcelona B for 3 years prior to that, having some success.

Given that Gus would probably take Tanno with him and half our side are Spanish-speaking there is a logic to the fit. Worth a phone call Tony?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Bloom is pals with Dennis Wise isn't he. And of course Gus would give him the nod IF he goes.

My top choice would be Zola. Di Matteo would do or how about Gianluca Vialli as a long shot?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ruel Fox, Jamie Redknapp, Phil Brown? Am I missing the obvious joke somewhere?

Jimmy Grimble

IF

Adkins on a contract till the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here