Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "I don't care about all the nonsense any more" thread.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A large Don't Give A Shit cocktail here, with a little umbrella, a slice of lemon, ice, and a bowl of Meh flavoured peanuts on the side.
Cashews surely, not peanuts.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's like England football matches - I'm more interested in fan reaction and media hype than I am in the matches themselves.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I don't think anything can be as dark as the days we have seen in the past this is just a blip

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just let the club get on with it. If they want to blow any remaining momentum through complete loss of focus on the coming season then they stand to lose infinitely more than us fans. We'll turn up whatever the outcome. Sticking a tenner saver on relegation is beginning to look more attractive by the day tho. We certainly won't be going up as a result of this shitstorm in a teacup.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've been completely "meh" about it for ages.

I don't know if Poyet has done anything wrong, and I don't know if the club has done anything wrong, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm in no position to sit here and dish out abuse to either side.

Furthermore, unlike (seemingly) a lot of people, I don't consider that I have an absolute right to know what's going on (would I have that right with any other internal disciplinary procedure at any other private company?), and I don't feel remotely put out, angry or offended that we haven't been furnished with daily updates, as it seems some feel they should be seeing.

As per most of us, I want it to be sorted out, but I certainly don't feel we're somehow falling months behind other teams, if nothing else because most of the footballers in this country appear to be still off arsing around expensive nightclubs in Dubai and Las Vegas, and are far to busy to be signing contracts.

So I get exactly what Bozza is saying. The world hasn't stopped turning. Relaaaaaaaaax...

Best post on here since about 10pm, Monday 13th May

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People that have given up caring need to take a long hard look at themselves
Nobody has given up caring about The Albion.

I have given up caring about Gus & Barber and too a lesser extent Bloom.

The focus of my care will still be there, doing what it has always done on the 3rd of August, everything else is just piffle.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People that have given up caring need to take a long hard look at themselves

If Bozza really didn't give a shit, you wouldn't be reading this. He (and plenty more of us) are just railing against the hysteria for a brief moment, that's all.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm not worried about what happens any way in this debacle.

If Gus goes - So what - If Gus stays its only a matter of time before he goes.

I find it quite amusing and entertaining to see all the handwringers and moaners siding with either Gus or the club trying to make themselves uberfans based on rumours and gossip most of which could not possibly be true.

None of "the facts" make any sense as I stated at the time the news first broke and anything that has occurred since then just added to the mess.

Here's what will happen, Gus will go, a new manager will be appointed and everyone will have to wait and see how he does. If the club has to pay up its not the end of the world, we have spunked up money on player that proved Duff so another few million won't break the bank

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I don't know if Poyet has done anything wrong, and I don't know if the club has done anything wrong, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm in no position to sit here and dish out abuse to either side.

Furthermore, unlike (seemingly) a lot of people, I don't consider that I have an absolute right to know what's going on (would I have that right with any other internal disciplinary procedure at any other private company?), and I don't feel remotely put out, angry or offended that we haven't been furnished with daily updates, as it seems some feel they should be seeing.

As per most of us, I want it to be sorted out, but I certainly don't feel we're somehow falling months behind other teams, if nothing else because most of the footballers in this country appear to be still off arsing around expensive nightclubs in Dubai and Las Vegas, and are far to busy to be signing contracts.

So I get exactly what Bozza is saying. The world hasn't stopped turning. Relaaaaaaaaax...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've given up caring.

Yes, it does seem farcical from the outside but when it comes down to it, nothing really changes...

- next season will still happen.
- we'll still have a semi-decent team, at worst.
- the Amex will still be lovely
- there'll be Harvey's and decent pies (although rubbish cider - ggggrrrrrr)
- we'll win some, lose some and even draw some.
- Brighton will still be a sea of blue and white on match days.

In short, footballing life as an Albion fan will still be thoroughly decent.

(I reserve the right to change my mind about this when it all takes another bizarre turn.)

Isn't it time to rise up and do something about the Cider? There is an issue people can really unite around. We clearly need a range of ciders and a guest cider for away fans. These things matter.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Que sera sera.
Whatever will be will be.
The future's not ours to see.
Que sera sera.

My wife sometimes quotes a saying about there is no point sawing sawdust. We will not find out any detail before it is resolved, and probably won't find out any afterwards as well. And even if we do, what is the point in blaming anyone. just learn from it (the people who are in a position to) and move on.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I seriously don't think any of this nonsense is gonna see us relegated. Not really fussed about Brighton getting to the Premiershite so absolutely couldn't give a gnat's chuff.

I think you'll find that the most vocal hand wringers and doom merchants are the ones that are expecting, nay demanding, promotion this season. Which was never on the cards even with a healthy, boring, regular pre-season. These are also the people who constantly obsess about transfers during the close season and bitch and moan that we haven't signed Lionel Messi yet.

And there seem to be even more of them these days.:facepalm:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The OP could read something like this:

"I have given up caring because my sources and speculation have proved to be wrong so I now decide to take a different stance"

I think a lot of us were here quite a while ago.

Aug 23, 2011
I'm not worried about what happens any way in this debacle.

If Gus goes - So what - If Gus stays its only a matter of time before he goes.

I find it quite amusing and entertaining to see all the handwringers and moaners siding with either Gus or the club trying to make themselves uberfans based on rumours and gossip most of which could not possibly be true.

None of "the facts" make any sense as I stated at the time the news first broke and anything that has occurred since then just added to the mess.

Here's what will happen, Gus will go, a new manager will be appointed and everyone will have to wait and see how he does. If the club has to pay up its not the end of the world, we have spunked up money on player that proved Duff so another few million won't break the bank

We've signed Duff? interesting not sure he's what we need but always liked him. Could do a job

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

With respect to others who have said similar things, this is the best post on NSC for weeks.

There has been so much hysteria based on so little knowledge of the facts; so much criticism and blame levelled when we have no idea if it's deserved or not.

What will be, will be and on August 3 we'll go again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here