Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The " I am so confident Poyet would not leave us for Reading that i will never post on NSC

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
A lot of what you are saying is based on yourselves getting promoted, which I'm not saying is unlikely, but is a massive ask. If we are both in the same division next year, which looks the most probable thing to happen, we would be the more attractive club on paper. As I mentioned in another thread, I can't see many players leaving so the basis of our squad will still be there. The parachute payments would work in our favour financially. I'm not saying Brighton is in a bad position as it clearly isn't, in fact the very opposite. All I'm saying is that if we are both in the same division next season, we would be a more attractive side to manage.

not going on the evidence of the three relegated clubs from last season.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
A lot of what you are saying is based on yourselves getting promoted, which I'm not saying is unlikely, but is a massive ask. If we are both in the same division next year, which looks the most probable thing to happen, we would be the more attractive club on paper. As I mentioned in another thread, I can't see many players leaving so the basis of our squad will still be there. The parachute payments would work in our favour financially. I'm not saying Brighton is in a bad position as it clearly isn't, in fact the very opposite. All I'm saying is that if we are both in the same division next season, we would be a more attractive side to manage.

So you're gonna be different to Bolton, wolves and Blackburn in what way?

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
I'm surprised by this confidence you reckon he will stay. We may be heading in different directions at the moment, but in the long-term, I'm struggling to see how Brighton would be a better proposition. Money talks nowadays I'm afraid.

So with all this money you say you have , what top players did you manage to sign this season ??

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
poyet said he wants to end his time at a club when he wins a game like the one on sunday.....! would he say that because hes going to reading, maybe..
but we are a massive club and can always get a brilliant manager to step in...just not nigel!!!!!

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
So you're gonna be different to Bolton, wolves and Blackburn in what way?

The fact they lost a huge core of their squad due to players wanting to leave/ big clubs circling with relegation on the horizon. I can't see many of our players being taken a risk on by teams in the Premier League as they have under performed this season, so I see our squad largely being the same came August, which will give us a huge advantage going into the season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The fact they lost a huge core of their squad due to players wanting to leave/ big clubs circling with relegation on the horizon. I can't see many of our players being taken a risk on by teams in the Premier League as they have under performed this season, so I see our squad largely being the same came August, which will give us a huge advantage going into the season.

Except that the Championship gets harder and more competitive each year. I know you'll only have been away for one season but believe me you won't be coming back to the same league you left!!

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
To quote the great Poyet:

"Don't choose a club, choose a chairman.."

A russian billionaire with little love for the club or loyalty?

A die-hard albion fan with stability at the club, heading in the right direction...

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
To quote the great Poyet:

"Don't choose a club, choose a chairman.."

A russian billionaire with little love for the club or loyalty?

A die-hard albion fan with stability at the club, heading in the right direction...

Little love for the club or loyalty? He travels from Russia every week to watch us and shows great passion. In terms of loyalty, McDermott should have gone in January, he was a clueless manager at times. Had it coming.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

So you're basing you're opinion on the hunch that most of your players will still be there next season?
Do you know all your players well enough that they've told you themselves they're all gonna stay next season if you're relegated?
Brilliant :wrong:

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
So you're basing you're opinion on the hunch that most of your players will still be there next season?
Do you know all your players well enough that they've told you themselves they're all gonna stay next season if you're relegated?
Brilliant :wrong:

No, but I watch them every week and see why teams would not take a risk on them. Pogrebnyak would be the only players that leaves and will free up £65,000 a week in wages, which would be nicely spent on Bridcutt :p

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Wolves probably thought the same last year....where are they now?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm surprised by this confidence you reckon he will stay. We may be heading in different directions at the moment, but in the long-term, I'm struggling to see how Brighton would be a better proposition. Money talks nowadays I'm afraid.

Hmm

Better stadium
Bigger fan base
Larger catchment area
Superb £22m training facility on the way
Club set up from grassroots up to play Gus's style of play
Billionaire owner who is a local fan

No, I can't think of anything.

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
Wolves probably thought the same last year....where are they now?

They had players such as Fletcher and Jarvis who were clearly too good for the Championship. The likes of Milijas and Kightly would have been on silly wages. Pogrebnyak is our only player on over £40,000 a week.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
Hmm

Better stadium
Bigger fan base
Larger catchment area
Superb £22m training facility on the way
Club set up from grassroots up to play Gus's style of play
Billionaire owner who is a local fan

No, I can't think of anything.

Unfortunately a bigger stadium and bigger fan base doesn't come into a manager's mind that much, it isn't even that much bigger. We are in the process of developing a brand new training ground. Our academy is currently thriving and have applied for Academy Level One status. You may have a billionaire owner, but doesn't seem keen spending much of it according to quotes I recently saw from Poyet.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
No, but I watch them every week and see why teams would not take a risk on them. Pogrebnyak would be the only players that leaves and will free up £65,000 a week in wages, which would be nicely spent on Bridcutt :p

great, I'm glad you've based that on good solid foundations like you watch them every week so they're bound to be there next season.
And you're paying 65k a week???
:lol: reading gonna be the next Pompey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here