Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The " I am so confident Poyet would not leave us for Reading that i will never post on NSC

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm surprised by this confidence you reckon he will stay. We may be heading in different directions at the moment, but in the long-term, I'm struggling to see how Brighton would be a better proposition. Money talks nowadays I'm afraid.

That's because you don't appreciate what is happening at Brighton. Fair enough, why would you.

In the short - medium term Reading may be a better bet, but not long term.

However, Gus is probably only looking short term as he's desperate for the Chelsea job.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I go to sleep and wake up and NSC has gone (more) mental.

He won't go.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I would not mind betting your wage bill is bigger than ours. The key members of your footballers retiring home on crazy wages, sorry mean Brighton, are likely to be on around £40,000 each, if not more. The average age of our squad if you take out Pogrebnyak is probably £25,000-30,000.

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

None of our players even earn HALF of what you have stated above.

Remember we let Glenn Murray leave for Palce as we wouldn't pay him 12k a week on a three year contract.

Jimmy Grimble

Wants [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] to post on this thread

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Typical Reading fan.

Thinks football began in 96, loves goal music and talks about his players having "game time".

Probably gutted his team weren't franchised from another town.

What is it about them ? If he wasn't from Norwich they are the team I've always considered them the team Alan Partridge would support.

The Lexus of the Premier League, the Japanese Chelsea.

Are you wearing Lynx ?

Last edited:

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
That's because you don't appreciate what is happening at Brighton. Fair enough, why would you.

In the short - medium term Reading may be a better bet, but not long term.

However, Gus is probably only looking short term as he's desperate for the Chelsea job.

I was slightly vague when I said long-term, when in all honesty I meant the next two or three seasons. In five or six years time, I honestly believe you will be a club of a bigger and better stature, especially with the way your club is going. I still don't think Gus would get the Chelsea or Spurs job even with his current CV, it is simply not strong enough to manage in the PL, which is why it may have been a surprise for him to been approached about the job. I also appreciate I was horrendously off the mark with my wage claims, which is in fact a credit to those players for playing for those wages, obviously with the likes of Bridge and Vicente taking a massive pay cut.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The " I am so confident Poyet would not leave us for Reading that i will never

Are all the posts in this thread as sincere as Poyet's "It will have to be something very special for me to leave here" comment?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm actually disappointed he's even talking to them. Part of me says lets get rid now and bring someone else in, and part of me is thinking that this could be a bluff on his part in order to get more out of TB. If he's seriously thinking about it i say get rid now. We still have a good chance this season and if this drags on, that chance will get slimmer.

I hope that TB has put the feelers out already - Just as long as it isn't that fascist Di Canio. If he comes in i'm done with this club.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Have it, a win win situation - if he stays we're all going to feel fantastic (until the next EPL manager gets the chop), if he goes we have the best ever excuse to break free.....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The " I am so confident Poyet would not leave us for Reading that i will never

I'm actually disappointed he's even talking to them. Part of me says lets get rid now and bring someone else in, and part of me is thinking that this could be a bluff on his part in order to get more out of TB. If he's seriously thinking about it i say get rid now. We still have a good chance this season and if this drags on, that chance will get slimmer.

I hope that TB has put the feelers out already - Just as long as it isn't that fascist Di Canio. If he comes in i'm done with this club.

But is he seriously talking to them? No news ever seems to escape from Brighton so this has surely come from the Reading end. So they speak to Bloom, ask about the compensation and say they'd pay it at which point TB does the decent thing by Gus and agrees Reading can approach him. In that plausible scenario, don't really see Poyet would be at fault.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I fail to see what Reading have to offer Gus's burning ambition to manage at the top, I really do.

A non-story in my opinion there is no way he will leave us for them. I'm disappointed that so many believe that Gus would walk so easily and that Tony would let him do it. I cannot see the upside of this proposed move for Gus at all. Amidst all the sound and fury I have not seen one word from any of the interested parties confirming any of this.

Hopefully this post will not come back to bite me on the ass, but I am confident Gus will still be our manager come the end of the season.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Everton, I'd be concerned.
Wigan, I'd be concerned.
Swansea, I'd be concerned.

Reading? PLEASE.

When Gus said "I want to be in the prem" I don't think he meant "for two months"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here