Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 'Hyypia resignation/leaving' thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wonder what SH's decision would have been if we had held on for 3 points on saturday..2 mins plus added left...would it have made a difference to him?...We will never know.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
he's disgraced our once proud club, brought shame upon the stripes and dis-honoured the badge

He hasn't disgraced or brought shame on anything! He was a man employed to do a job that ultimately he wasn't capable of. He was let down badly on the recruitment front including being able to appoint his own number 2! For the record I've been saying he should go for a while now but that doesn't mean he has disgraced himself or our football club as it's clear he tried his best but ultimately his best wasn't anywhere near good enough. The blame for me lies firmly with Burke and his bad decisions on the recruitment front and that includes appointing Sami in the first place. He should never have made the shortlist. But he gave it a go and it didn't work. Wish him well.

Has to be Hughton. No other logical choice. Great coach, works well with youth set up. In it for the long term. No ego. I'll pick him up myself

(I'm not for one minute saying Burke appointed him single handedly but due to his position he would have had heavy input and would have been aware of his inexperience and need to back him with a strong squad and back room staff. Which he didn't)

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think Pulis is the right man, but Christ as a person he seems like an utterly contemptible man. He exudes this extremely depressing aura, he comes off as some dodgy school headmaster. Almost get a nazi officer vibe from him.

Not Andy Naylor posted something the other day that suggests completely the opposite.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Link?

Also I'm not saying his actual personality when you interact with him like that, it's just the vibe I get from him when I see him on television.

Can't be arsed - but it was someone in football who said something along the lines that something happened he would want Pullis and his wife to bring up his kids. Touching.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
after the Millwall game he looked ill
as TB said a very dignified departure.........................and INHO it was not all his fault

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He hasn't disgraced or brought shame on anything! He was a man employed to do a job that ultimately he wasn't capable of. He was let down badly on the recruitment front including being able to appoint his own number 2! For the record I've been saying he should go for a while now but that doesn't mean he has disgraced himself or our football club as it's clear he tried his best but ultimately his best wasn't anywhere near good enough. The blame for me lies firmly with Burke and his bad decisions on the recruitment front and that includes appointing Sami in the first place. He should never have made the shortlist. But he gave it a go and it didn't work. Wish him well.

Has to be Hughton. No other logical choice. Great coach, works well with youth set up. In it for the long term. No ego. I'll pick him up myself

(I'm not for one minute saying Burke appointed him single handedly but due to his position he would have had heavy input and would have been aware of his inexperience and need to back him with a strong squad and back room staff. Which he didn't)

good post.......at this moment i can't help thinking that everything about our club is just sub-standard.....sure we may well be prem ready but our recruitment/scouting set up is clearly no good and the failure to bring in an experienced assistant for Sami speaks volumes about the calibre of the people pulling the strings........merry ****ing christmas.....!!

string_bean

Dec 15, 2014
why the ****!!................. have i got all these thumbs down?? i'm just a normal traditional geezer, i like to have me self a full english breaky and a read of the daily paper on a daily basis. our once proud club has been disgraced by the lack of honour in defending the stripes, keeping pride within the badge.

Last edited:

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
what has worried me most is us trying to get him to stay- sure hypia may be gone but we are now left with some absolute fvck wits who think that keeping a man who won 3 games in 22 was the right option. Over the past couple of years with gus and Oscar issues the club have kept us in the dark as to what went wrong and more importantly why it went wrong, but this whole fiasco we find ourselves in at the moment is opening up a few doors for us supporters.

as it always goes however, we will now face a month long wait of Nathan jones obscurity to lead our charge to championship survival- how the hell do we find ourselves in a relegation battle after finishing 4th and 6th in the last two years respectively.

The situation we find ourselves in this season has not really struck home with me today- my heart has constantly been screaming at me that obviously we, brighton, wont get relegated again back to that sh!tty league we spent so long trying to escape, but now I can see it clearly...

we're truly f*cked

simply answer why we are F**ked, Bridcutt Ulloa, Buckley, Ward, Upson, El-abt, Orlandi, Barnes, Kuszczak, Andrews, Lopez the list goes on and on but all gone in the last couple of years and replaced with the cheapest options or one month loan deals.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
I wish Sami all the best for the future, and felt no personal animosity towards him at all. However, it was clear he had to go. Possibly he could be a defensive coach; after all he was mustard in Liverpool's defence. However, I despaired when I heard that the final choice was down to him and Hantz, who in my view would have fared even worse. I think it was pretty nailed on that Clement turned us down as he wanted to stay with Real Madrid. Possibly Sherwood did too, most likely because he wanted to bring Ferdinand and Ramsey with him. I think this time the club has to eat humble pie and offer the job again (if he'd take it at the third time of asking, having been rejected and then rejecting it himself), with whoever he wants to bring, though aren't Ferdinand and Ramsey at QPR now?

I would love us to get Sherwood but its not going to happen, also we will not get a proven Championship winning manager unless he is really desperate to get in the shop window in order to get to a Prem club in which case if he saves us from the drop he will be gone asap and we are back to square one. A decent proven man IE Pulis will not stay because, we would not pay the wages he is used too, they will not be millions and millions to spend (which is desperately needed) and he will want to buy his own players rather than have them bought for him by a man who would not know a good player if he had a 50 foot sign on his head saying im a good player.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
why the ****!!................. have i got all these thumbs down?? i'm just a normal traditional geezer, i like to have me self a full english breaky and a read of the daily paper on a daily basis. our once proud club has been disgraced by the lack of honour in defending the stripes, keeping pride within the badge.

If you must troll at least try and make a reasonable attempt. 1/10 and I think thats generous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here