Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Greyhound is leaving the stadium - Schelotto leaving Albion

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Seem to remember him coming on at halftime against West Ham and changing the game (with the help of Solly)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As expected. Surprised they were even discussing a new contract, could indicate that the club was or is pretty interested in getting rid of Montoya as well.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Right move for him, but sad to see him go.

Remember his first game against Spurs at Wembley. He looked very much like the proverbial 'fan that had won a competition'. Just AWFUL in every way.
But he certainly redeemed himself, especially with that performance against Chelsea. And I came to love seeing him preparing to come on, waiting for the inevitable mayhem and that feeling that almost anything could be about to happen.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
With Lamptey and Ben White who can play right back it's not surprising really?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah bet Wilf is gutted .... proper ruined his day

Where did I say anything about that ***** thoughts? I do wish our fans would stop calling the SEGW ‘Wilf’ like we have any respect for the cheat...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah, I don’t get this being billed as a great moment. We didn’t win that game. If we did win, then I’d remember it more fondly.

I don’t particularly - I’ve forgotten that freak game already. But the pics reminded me of that moment where Winnifred lost his shit and had yet another tantrum and looked silly...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where did I say anything about that ***** thoughts? I do wish our fans would stop calling the SEGW ‘Wilf’ like we have any respect for the cheat...

You said he got ‘mugged off’ - I said I don’t think he’s that bothered.

Could even say Schelotto ruined the game as potter was never going to bring on a sub that had been booked.

Your obsession with Zaha is a bit odd by the way...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Clearly Lamptey is going to be 1st choice and at 31 why would we want to keep Schelotto around as the understudies understudy? Had some good moments but just wasn't quite good or consistent enough, no shame in that and good luck with the rest of your career. Frees up some wages for new signings, all good.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sad to see him go, a total maverick when it came to defending but it was fun to watch. He's clearly as mad as several boxes of frogs but I'll miss his antics. Who can forget him carrying Jose around like a baby at the end of season lap of honour after our first Premier League season (didn't he also try to "steal" the golf buggy camera vehicle sat at the side of the pitch. Good luck to the bloke.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I like Schelotto. Been a useful servant to the club. Not going to get much of a look in now Lamptey has hit the scene.

Wish him good luck.

Ezequiel-Schelotto.jpg

25360120-8059519-image-a-1_1582985685271.jpg
That was brilliant!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

But in fairness SEGW doesn't really work. In fact it sounds like something a 17 year old has made up and thought that by repeating it enough thinks it might stick.
Maybe just Haha or Zaha?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Sad to see him go, really likable guy and I did enjoy watching him play - but unfortunately at 31 and with Lamptey in, there's no real path for him here. Hope he ends up somewhere that can use him well!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He isn't our type of player. He's all chaos, all action and all running. That's not really what we're aiming for at this point, we're looking for players with a higher level of technical ability. It's the right time to split, but all the best to him. What a lunatic and a really effective wing back. He could be picked up by another Premier League club and I wouldn't be surprised.

He really is a wing back isn’t he. As a a right back in a flat back four he worries anyone connected with club surely. He has though given us some fantastic memories.

The Greyhound.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ve taken it as it would be a pay cut, due to a squad role, age and injury history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Hughton handled him really badly - another signing bought in and no where near the team. Seemed to fall out big time (was quite happy in Brighton town center Instagramming away while we were playing at home...) but slightly redeemed himself under Potter but there was no way he was going to hang around

What do you with a player who isn’t good enough though?
Wasn’t he close to leaving under Hughton?

Dreadful defensively - likeable character. Good luck to him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What do you with a player who isn’t good enough though?
Wasn’t he close to leaving under Hughton?

Dreadful defensively - likeable character. Good luck to him.

Oh yeah absolutely - but Hughton signed him

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A popular character, even before winding up cry baby.

“Respect”. He encountered the new reality, where 95% of clubs won’t be throwing money about as they did, with income down hugely.

Good luck to him for the future.

Montoya needs to be moved on as well, he’s an awful defender as we’ve recently seen yet again. Then we’d need a decent backup to the teenage sensation Lamptey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here