Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Greyhound is leaving the stadium - Schelotto leaving Albion

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He isn't our type of player. He's all chaos, all action and all running. That's not really what we're aiming for at this point, we're looking for players with a higher level of technical ability. It's the right time to split, but all the best to him. What a lunatic and a really effective wing back. He could be picked up by another Premier League club and I wouldn't be surprised.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
His defending at times is a little suspect, but on his day is a real game changer with his driving runs forward.

Those “tears” for Zaha is a classic moment. Been a good solid signing and a great character for us. Always put in a shift.

All the best greyhound.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Two great moments from El Galgo;

1. The pantomime routine with Zaha whilst warming up. That was truly great.

2. That time against Chelsea (last season?) where he went run-mental and should've had at least 1 penalty. Proper dog-loose-in-the-playground stuff, they didn't know how to handle him.

There was also an away game where he was substituted and basically left the pitch and ran most of the way round the edge winding the home fans up to get back to the dugout. Can't remember where - somewhere up north. Was it Sheffield?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I wonder what he meant by disagreeing about the sporting project?

He wanted the part of Aladdin in the team's Christmas panto but Potter would only give him Wishy Washy. Sad, but that's showbiz, folks.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I liked him as he could be great entertainment value, although not always in a positive way. Watching him defend was often a moment of angst, expecting him to lose possession at a critical moment. HIs defending reminded me of when Eric Young would sometimes have crazy moments - gaining possession around the six yard line then attempting to dribble the ball out the area with opponents close by. Heart in mouth moments. I wish him luck in the future. Yanking Zaha's tail and causing him to throw a hissy will always make him an Albion hero.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always gave his all. Thanks and good luck to him, probably best for him and the club with Lamptey and Montoya ahead of him

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He was a very odd signing. Always 2nd to Bruno initially, nowhere near the kind of defender that Hughton liked. Too ill-disciplined and, let's face it, unpredictable and fun.

I have to admit, I have always enjoyed watching him play. There isn't much genuine fun in football these days and he was a big bonkers on the field. So I do wish him luck finding a new club and getting some game time.

On the leaving note, it does seem oddly bitter.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He isn't our type of player. He's all chaos, all action and all running. That's not really what we're aiming for at this point, we're looking for players with a higher level of technical ability. It's the right time to split, but all the best to him. What a lunatic and a really effective wing back. He could be picked up by another Premier League club and I wouldn't be surprised.

Leeds is probably a good fit, manager, fans, player all as mad as a box of frogs on acid

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Addio e buona fortuna

greyhound-dog-5-years-old-standing-in-front-of-white-background-xs.png :bigwave:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Very unorthodox as a player. Seems like a very reasonable character. Great hair (IMO). More like him in the game please.

Good luck to him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looked really good at times but way out of his depth others. Likeable fella and mugged Zaha off in front of 30k Albions fans so is a good guy in my book :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looked really good at times but way out of his depth others. Likeable fella and mugged Zaha off in front of 30k Albions fans so is a good guy in my book :)

Yeah bet Wilf is gutted .... proper ruined his day

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Will start every game for Torino so cant blame him , with the arrival of Lamptey his game time would probably be limited to cup games we no longer bother with .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Cult Hero status similar to someone like Spanish Dave. Sad to see him scarper but you can the why the traps opened as soon as he got a sniff of Lamptey.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
There was also an away game where he was substituted and basically left the pitch and ran most of the way round the edge winding the home fans up to get back to the dugout. Can't remember where - somewhere up north. Was it Sheffield?

Yes, Sheffield United, just before lockdown. The last away game I went to.

Jimmy Grimble

Yeah bet Wilf is gutted .... proper ruined his day

Yeah, I don’t get this being billed as a great moment. We didn’t win that game. If we did win, then I’d remember it more fondly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here