Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greatest Stranglers Songs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting thread. I remember seeing them at the Top Rank, possibly twice, in around 77. They had a load of Dutch bikers following them around, and there were a few altercations, as was the way of it back then. I had their first album on cassette on constant play as I revised for my first year uni exams in my grubby flat in Clapham. Very fond memories. There were a couple of young ladies who did a bit of naughty frollicking on stage with them at one point (famous photo in the NME). 'Close friends' of a mate of mine at the time, the dirty bugger :lolol: . . . .

I took my son to see them about 10 years ago at 'Mount Ephraim' festival near where I live. All jolly good fun in the mosh pit, with the fat blokes. And my little brother took me to see Cornwall a couple of years ago in Brighton. Which was nice.

My fave? Toiler on the sea.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stranglers = Entry-level punk for older people who didn't really like punk at all but who could relate to the musicianship of the keyboards. No wonder they all creamed themselves over the cover version of 'Walk on By'. Close your eyes and half-close your ears and it was like listening to The Doors Lite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here