Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Greatest Albums of 1979

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The Wall, a self indulgent whine from a millionaire about how hard life as a Rock Star was. One decent song on it.

...or, conversely, a longtime member of my top 5 albums ever. Opinions :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Son of...

5eb88239f622ff8be4714998474ddc69.gif

? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I worked with a Sicilian girl in the summer of 1978 which was the start of a flirtation with Italy and things Italian for the following few years. This is one of the albums I was introduced to which was released in 1979. It holds fond memories for me....the eponymously titled "Lucio Dalla"
https://youtu.be/Rs4SQ5wpis4

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm seeing them again in September. Strangely, here it is simply the 40th Anniversary tour, whereas at the earlier date in London (June 30th) it is the Farewell European Tour. Not sure exactly what that means. Maybe it's a B52exit.

Keith Strickland hasn't toured for a while and I guess the rest of the band have tired of the long European tours.

Possibly my favourite band of all time.
Whilst other bands and genres have come in and out of favour with me over the past 40 years.
The B's have been a constant. They are one of a kind

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I really like this album. I distinctly remember my father coming home having bought this on vinyl...along with a Boney M long player. I then bought my own copy when I was a student. I was too young to fully understand the record when I first heard it so maybe this helped with my initial and subsequent enjoyment of it?

By the way, I do believe the context surrounding how you receive and process art plays a part in your acceptance of art...so your reasoning for disliking the album is perfectly understandable.

Bit worried now. My old man did exactly the same.

Spent a lot of time in Germany in the 60s.

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here