Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Absolutely the right thing to do for the club. This may actually put off any potential suitors as paying a fee may
not have been part of their thinking. One slight worry is that VR may not be best pleased with the club acting in this way

I can't imagine VR being anything other than grateful to the club for giving him an extension to his career. I would hope that he would understand entirely that it was necessary for the club to do that, taking into account the amount of time and effort (not to mention money) that the club has spent on bringing him back to full fitness. It's a necessary means to an end, and it means we either get a good fee, or a fantastic player.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anyone else notice that all the threads on Vicente are attracting banner ads for Sky ?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Thing is, we had all this last year. Leicester and Reading were supposed to have jumped in with last minute offers IIRC. Much more money etc. It's all in the massive thread.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Thanks for the info Bozza. Very clear and just what was needed.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So where does this leave Bruno in all of this/ He must be pretty pissed off if one of the main reasons he signed up for two years was his good mate is here.

What's the saying?.....With mates like that......................................Still if he signs for Reading or Saints they will still see each other around. Although if I was Bruno, i'd feel a bit betrayed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the other interest may be Segunda Liga club Elche - whether they are a legitimate threat to Vicente's signature or not who knows but their interest, released on local Spanish radio today, is either spookily coincidental or has forced Albion's hand

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Whilst we are all grateful for Bozzas thread and updates, does he have any real knowledge on the inside dealings at BHAFC?

I am not in any bit interested in his sources BUT what is Bozzas standing at the club? is he an ex employee?
mates with a employee?

I know the site is sensibly run, but I am just curious considering he is in Bristol, a long way from the club?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
But in effect making it highly unlikely he will want to come back. Gus is also made to look an idiot and untrustworthy, which im sure hell be delighted about. Why did the club need to make this announcement at all? It does nothing but cause shit and damage negotiating positions. Like i said very very poor PR.

Well to be honest I would imagine they have probably done this as it is looking unlikely he will come back.

If Vicente is in talks with a Reading or Southampton then I would think Gus would be extremely pissed off at a lack of loyalty to him and the club and may also be fully behind this decision.

I fully back the board doing this and I hope Gus does the same and realises they are doing the right thing, especially if he benefits from an increased wage and transfer budget.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As I posted in the other thread , a tweet from his missus earlier this evening :- Mi Vicente Rodriguez, mi idolo, renueva por un año con el Brighton, hasta el 30 de junio del 2013.
Things are not all doom or gloom.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hopefully if any other prospective clubs know they will have to pay a substantial fee for him (I'd say we would want £1.5m plus) that may put them off.

Hopefully this will swing the negotiations back in our favour.

i wouldnt want a substantial fee to put them off and keep a player here under sufference, if we got 500k for our investment, thats better than diddly. I just hope he will want to stay.

how about a large delegation of Albion fans paying for a full page advert in a valencia newspaper?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Whilst we are all grateful for Bozzas thread and updates, does he have any real knowledge on the inside dealings at BHAFC?

I am not in any bit interested in his sources BUT what is Bozzas standing at the club? is he an ex employee?
mates with a employee?

I know the site is sensibly run, but I am just curious considering he is in Bristol, a long way from the club?

Sir Alexander Graham Bell may be helping with that one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Covering some other stuff...

1. Bruno wanted to sign for the Albion, and Gus, regardless.

2. To be fair to Vicente, his family circumstances have changed and he's a proper player again. I imagine staying at home, if possible, would be tempting.

3. Have faith in the Albion - there are some top, top people there working for the best interests of the club. Whatever happens will be good for the Albion.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
As I posted in the other thread , a tweet from his missus earlier this evening :- Mi Vicente Rodriguez, mi idolo, renueva por un año con el Brighton, hasta el 30 de junio del 2013.
Things are not all doom or gloom.

My Vicente Rodriguez, my idol, renewed for one year in Brighton, until June 30, 2013.

Promising

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

mates with a employee?

As "owner" of the largest bha tittle tattle website of course he will have contacts in the club. Nsc is believe it or not another means for the club to communicate to the fans.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks Bozza. This confirms something that I have had in the back of my mind for a while but frankly felt too stupid to mention. Namely that Vicente had already signed last year, the one year option was ours. In exercising it at this point we're getting a return on our investment one way or another. This is nothing but good news surely? Probably we get Vicente for "some" more games (and I'm sure having his mate Bruno here WILL be an attraction) or we get some cash to spend on someone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here