Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Without naming your source, I suspect you've completely made that lot up.
Ok, that's a lie, I don't for one minute think you've made it up, I'm just enjoying typing in white too much right now.

Disappointing news, but thanks all the same.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So that proves all those suggesting "he's signed, stop complaining" were in fact partially wrong. Smart move by the club, be a shame if we had lost out after all the effort put in, but would be very interesting to try and place a fee on him at this time if he were to leave.
Thanks for clearing it all up.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Thanks for that.

Without wanting to speculate on these 'other factors', I shall now do so - that his son arriving in the UK was worthy of reporting with regards to the discussions, gave me pause.

I think I read this on NSC. Possibly not. Can't remember.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That's my worry. So we ended up with an unhappy player we can't get rid of not putting an effort into getting himself fit. Joy. What's more concerning from my point of view is that we've completely gone against our word that we'd let him go if he didn't want to be here.

In fairness, wasn't it Gus who said that, not the board? The club are doing what they should do and are protecting our assets.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
That's my worry. So we ended up with an unhappy player we can't get rid of not putting an effort into getting himself fit. Joy. What's more concerning from my point of view is that we've completely gone against our word that we'd let him go if he didn't want to be here.

Let him go if he didn't want to be in the UK. Not f***ing playing for Reading/Southampton et al after we've rescued his bloody career at great expense to our football club! Our people are being uber professional. It's business. It's money. It's protecting our interests. We all want Vicente playing for us next season but how maddening would it be if he walks away to St Mary's or the MadStad??? This board would absolutely melt if the club let him walk to another British club for diddly squat.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Hopefully if any other prospective clubs know they will have to pay a substantial fee for him (I'd say we would want £1.5m plus) that may put them off.

Hopefully this will swing the negotiations back in our favour.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well you can be a 100% certain someone will stump up double if not treble what we can afford. Under no circumstances must we be held to ransom either, I can't help feeling if the player himself does not feel he owes us a season, for getting him back right, then he is a bit of a shithouse. Not to mention what his mate Bruno will make of it all, because you can be sure that was a reason for him signing....All in all an hour ago I was still hopeful we would see him in the strips again. But the more I think about it, the more I think we have seen the last of him in a Brighton shirt.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
So where does this leave Bruno in all of this/ He must be pretty pissed off if one of the main reasons he signed up for two years was his good mate is here.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
In fairness, wasn't it Gus who said that, not the board? The club are doing what they should do and are protecting our assets.

But in effect making it highly unlikely he will want to come back. Gus is also made to look an idiot and untrustworthy, which im sure hell be delighted about. Why did the club need to make this announcement at all? It does nothing but cause shit and damage negotiating positions. Like i said very very poor PR.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Greedy bastard agents at work. In a nutshell!

Pretty much my sentiments, they're interested in the cut of a transfer fee for their 'clients'. I'm afraid Vicente could be lured by the promise of a bigger club, then thrown to the side once the transaction's complete. Nonetheless I think a fee for him would do well for tempting similar players to our squad.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I too do fear we may end up with an unhappy player and perhaps a disruptive influence on our hands. Would have expected pictures of a smiling Vicente with Gus had it all gone swimmingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here