Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
That Sky article was very good, highlighting how a lack of a Director Of Football was key to Palace's dismal planning. They have one now but he'll be focusing on how to get rid of the dross. I feel sorry for Holloway in as much as he was single-handedly expected to get them up AND build a Prem strength squad with no help whatsoever.

I agree, but if he was struggerling he should have let chairman know, and get something done about it, thats the way most companies work. So I do blame Holloway a good manager should know when they need help.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I agree, but if he was struggerling he should have let chairman know, and get something done about it, thats the way most companies work. So I do blame Holloway a good manager should know when they need help.

From what Holloway has said after he resigned, was that Prince Charming was half the problem during that window.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

So if Dougie Freeman took most of Palace's scouting network with him to Bolton don't you think the chairman should have been all too aware of how short they were and made provision? I'm struggling to recall a manager more exhausted by a job than Holloway at his resignation press conference a month ago.

Looks like Parish will be slagging off another journalist soon....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9034054/palace-problems

It must be great for him to be right all the time and everyone else wrong, even about his hair. You would think that after conning people into paying a fortune for what are, if we are honest, average timepieces (although associated with well known stars), he could get a decent barnet.

What a smashing article - "such a mess" "more luck than judgement" "inexperienced no-hopers" "panic striken " "flailing around aimlessly"

could have been written by me.:lolol:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
So if Dougie Freeman took most of Palace's scouting network with him to Bolton don't you think the chairman should have been all too aware of how short they were and made provision? I'm struggling to recall a manager more exhausted by a job than Holloway at his resignation press conference a month ago.

Something went wrong!! and it really is down to the manager. Most managers in football bring their own people with them, if Holloway did not / could not, he should have found some quickly...I am not saying I am right or wrong or Know much about it (I am a Palace fan) but if you take on a managers job, your job is to manage and put your own stamp on the job. Holloway did not do this.

Although I like Holloway as a manager and person, he never really fitted at Palace and somehow got us promoted, forever thankfull of the £120 mill but not sorry to see him go TBH.

raba

Jun 9, 2013
What a smashing article - "such a mess" "more luck than judgement" "inexperienced no-hopers" "panic striken " "flailing around aimlessly"

could have been written by me.:lolol:

No it couldn't as it was an interesting read.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Something went wrong!! and it really is down to the manager. Most managers in football bring their own people with them, if Holloway did not / could not, he should have found some quickly...I am not saying I am right or wrong or Know much about it (I am a Palace fan) but if you take on a managers job, your job is to manage and put your own stamp on the job. Holloway did not do this.

Although I like Holloway as a manager and person, he never really fitted at Palace and somehow got us promoted, forever thankfull of the £120 mill but not sorry to see him go TBH.

It was the fact that you guys performed over three "cup finals". You won about two or three games from Jan onwards.

Fair to say it was Dougie who got you guys up as it was the run you put in under him before he left that gave you a nice cushion whilst other played catch up.

Indeed it was the final day win over Peterboro that cemented your spot. (I believe Bolton and Forest? could have sneaked in if they won and you had lost)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
40 days and falling until the start of the transfer window.

Nothing like giving the new man time to assess and prepare, and ideal preparation for "Scatter gun 2" :thumbsup:

Reckon it's not going to be Pulis now, the delay has been too long.

Are they now trying to prise McCarthy away from Ipswich ???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
40% of BBS voters don't seem to want Pulis. One or two are quite vociferous about it...

"If Pulis takes this on it will be akin to having a 12" dildo covererd in chilli paste rammed up our arse, and us turning around with a forced smile to say "Thank you"."

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Pulis is taking his time as he is playing the "I'm in charge of this situation" power trip.its what wankers like him do"

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"My word, all this shit makes it sound like Crystal Palace should be honoured if the great Pulis wants to manage us. Another ego that will think he's bigger than the club, ridicule who we consider to be our rivals because they're not in the same post code, please save yourself the bother Tony and don't come to South London."

no it couldn't as it was an interesting read.

vic and bob.png

:lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just out of curiosity - how long was it between sacking Gus and appointing Oscar and also how long was Gus et al suspended ?

According to Tony Bloom... he had a list, in March, of the top 50 he would consider when Gus left... and a short list of 3. Oscar was on that short list.

I have no idea when TB first spoke to OG or any of his 'people' but it sounds like it was a pretty well thought out and executed succession plan, despite some fairly awkward legal and financial implications of the Gus suspension/dismissal etc...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
40% of BBS voters don't seem to want Pulis. One or two are quite vociferous about it...

"If Pulis takes this on it will be akin to having a 12" dildo covererd in chilli paste rammed up our arse, and us turning around with a forced smile to say "Thank you"."

And that's one of the other 60% who want him! :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can't understand the FUSS about Tony 'USELESS' Pulis, he is a DINOSAUR

I think the 'FUSS' from a Palace perspective is that this particular DINOSAUR is likely to become their MANAGER.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
That's what funny and god forbid the DAY we ever CONSIDERED anyone like Tony USELESS

Is that the Tony Pulis who managed Stoke, got them premoted into the prem and under his managership never finished under 14th...yea bloody useless!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here