Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Who knows what has gone on over the last 3-4 weeks, I'm sure the board have had plenty of hard decisions to make. Would have been good to get someone in a couple of weeks back but C'est la vie.

So if your all honest as I am sure you are, are you going to be happy with Tony Pullis? or has it become so desperate that your offering him more money just so someone will say yes.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 29 days...and counting...

Looks like Parish will be slagging off another journalist soon....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9034054/palace-problems

It must be great for him to be right all the time and everyone else wrong, even about his hair. You would think that after conning people into paying a fortune for what are, if we are honest, average timepieces (although associated with well known stars), he could get a decent barnet.

That Sky report pretty much sums it up. What a balls up. Laughable transfer policy, no management structure, no planning and still their they come on here trying to defend Parish. Surely even they can see they're completely out of their depth. People have a moan about Barber and his PLR talk but I bet Parish wishes he had a Paul Barber in place back in May.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
So if your all honest as I am sure you are, are you going to be happy with Tony Pullis? or has it become so desperate that your offering him more money just so someone will say yes.

TP wouldn't have been my choice but looking at the list of available managers he is probably the best of a bad bunch. But yes I'm sure with each passing day the pressure has built up on the board to get someone sorted. Who knows what they have offered him, Hopefully less wages but a big incentive bonus if he manages to pull of a miracle and keep us up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
SP has stated that your wage bill has trebled for this season though hasn't he? That must make it in the region of 40-45 million even before transfer, signing on and agents' fees are taken into account. Won't leave much from this season's 60m.

Palace's wage bill was one of the lowest in the Championship to be fair, more like £10 million, so trebling it will take it to £30 million.

The AVERAGE wage bill in the PL is £81.3 million, but if you exclude the top four, plus Liverspurs, it drops to £52.6m. However these figures are for 2011/12. I would expect wages to have risen by about 7% a year compound since then, so the average for the non-top clubs is likely to be £60 million this season. Palace will struggle to compete I suspect, as players will be wary signing for them in January if they try to impose relegation clauses into contracts, given their parlous Premiership Pulis/Parish position.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
TP wouldn't have been my choice but looking at the list of available managers he is probably the best of a bad bunch. But yes I'm sure with each passing day the pressure has built up on the board to get someone sorted. Who knows what they have offered him, Hopefully less wages but a big incentive bonus if he manages to pull of a miracle and keep us up.

Fair enough, but really cant' see him keeping you up stranger things have happened. We will be sure to keep an eye on the on goings in the next few months. But from the bottom of my heart thank you so much for all of this.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Looks like Parish will be slagging off another journalist soon....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9034054/palace-problems

It must be great for him to be right all the time and everyone else wrong, even about his hair. You would think that after conning people into paying a fortune for what are, if we are honest, average timepieces (although associated with well known stars), he could get a decent barnet.

Excellent article, with some very good points.

Come on Charming, surely you can't let them get away with telling the truth ? Time to get back on Twitter :lolol:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Fair enough, but really cant' see him keeping you up stranger things have happened. We will be sure to keep an eye on the on goings in the next few months. But from the bottom of my heart thank you so much for all of this.

Just returning the favour after the beautiful May-June at the Albion. :thumbsup:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
That Sky report pretty much sums it up. What a balls up. Laughable transfer policy, no management structure, no planning and still their they come on here trying to defend Parish. Surely even they can see they're completely out of their depth. People have a moan about Barber and his PLR talk but I bet Parish wishes he had a Paul Barber in place back in May.

To be fair I think the Palace board have admitted they were not ready for the prem...and its a steep learning curve, I also think they put to much trust in Holloway and even he must admit he fxxked up royaly

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The crowds did not like Bailey's brand of football, but I remember watching us beat Arsenal and Manchester United at home, Liverpool at Anfield, and at one stage being 5th in the top flight. People want to have their cake and eat it.

Too right EP. Getting rid of MB was a MASSIVE mistake.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has the drum roll started yet?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do not think it is as much as everyone is imagining, the ones on big wages will be gone at the end of the season and the loans can go as well
Are the ones on big wages all on one year contracts? If not, why would they go - no one else will want to pay their wages?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 29 days...and counting...

I also think they put to much trust in Holloway and even he must admit he fxxked up royaly

But he doesn't admit it does he. He put the blame fair and square on your chairman.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The worry for Pulis is that once they go back down to the Championship we won't be given the funds to mount a challenge to come straight back up again.

Assuming they go down you'd expect two of Sunderland, Hull, Norwich, Fulham or Cardiff to go with them. I don't see too many more instances of clubs doing a Pompey, Blackburn or Wolves and sinking without trace after the Prem. So not only are the odds against them staying up but also against them going up again in 2014/15.

A lot of Pulis's former Stoke players have lived comfortably in the Prem for a few seasons now. Are Etherington, Pennant, Wilkinson, Walters really going to want to join Palace if he comes calling?

The other point of view is what alternative is there for Pulis right now? Palace are lucky there's nothing else out there - I suspect Cardiff, Norwich, WBA would float his boat. There have been various rumblings at each but no vacancy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
SP has stated that your wage bill has trebled for this season though hasn't he? That must make it in the region of 40-45 million even before transfer, signing on and agents' fees are taken into account. Won't leave much from this season's 60m.

Sky reported £18M paid out on transfer fees alone. Wurzel walked away with a £2M payoff.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But he doesn't admit it does he. He put the blame fair and square on your chairman.

That Sky article was very good, highlighting how a lack of a Director Of Football was key to Palace's dismal planning. They have one now but he'll be focusing on how to get rid of the dross. I feel sorry for Holloway in as much as he was single-handedly expected to get them up AND build a Prem strength squad with no help whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here