Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The good, the bad and the Brighton - Croydon Advertiser

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I stopped reading after the dig at us, the stupid, little, caravan living, chavy, granny punching tosser!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Really? Prawn sandwiches are terrible in my opinion. They just don't really bulk out a sandwich much so you're left with a lot of bread and mayo, which isn't really all that appealing in my book. If you want to go seafood tuna with cucumber is vastly superior.

Look, and I mean do disrespect (which means I do) but you tuna and cucumber boys are just so last century. You had your time and it's was great. But please, you don't know what you're talking about now, things have moved on, and should leave 21st century seafood sandwiches to us, the Royal Prawn sandwich brigade. Next you'll be telling me you still use vinegar. So vulgar. So common. I pity you.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I would hope Piglet's pantry are working on the Prawn Cocktail sandwich pies already - and how about prosecco on draught instead of Harveys.

If the writer of that piece professes to be a serious writer, the dig at us is fairly pathetic, and doesn't really ring true anyway, I don't recognise what he is describing. The mention of our "annoying little neighbours, Charlton" is fairly cheap as well.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
[tweet]664806425143738368[/tweet]

The bloke is a ninny.

Who's biting? It's constructive criticism, as one would expect from the erudite and urbane Brighton fanbase.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I got as far as 'world famous atmosphere ' before concluding the author is clearly deluded. What a prize bell end.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who's biting? It's constructive criticism, as one would expect from the erudite and urbane Brighton fanbase.

I'm biting! All palace fans are ****s. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you need to 'fish' then this is the only response as well as being the truth. There. Let it be said. And known. Hope they enjoy their 'fish' finger sandwich. But not prawn. That's above their sophistication.

"You stupid *******s, you burnt down your town...You burnt down your town, you.."

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
That is a really poorly written article. It reads like it has been cobbled together by an 8 year old, but that doesn't change the fact that we're a ****ing brilliant team at the moment. I suppose until Brighton are one of the top 10 teams in the country like Palace unquestionably are, this is the only sort of thing you can laugh at us about. Congratulations on your good start to the season, but even if you manage to get promoted it must be slightly disheartening to see that your squad is a million miles behind ours these days. I'm not convinced you've got a single player who'd get into our matchday 18, and with foreign investors keen to get involved, the gap is only going to widen :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That is a really poorly written article. It reads like it has been cobbled together by an 8 year old, but that doesn't change the fact that we're a ****ing brilliant team at the moment. I suppose until Brighton are one of the top 10 teams in the country like Palace unquestionably are, this is the only sort of thing you can laugh at us about. Congratulations on your good start to the season, but even if you manage to get promoted it must be slightly disheartening to see that your squad is a million miles behind ours these days. I'm not convinced you've got a single player who'd get into our matchday 18, and with foreign investors keen to get involved, the gap is only going to widen :)

That's expected, you've had TV Money//Sponsorship Money//the money you didn't return to the local businesses/St Johns (delete as applicable) so you're going to. If you didn't, i'd be surprised.

Also, one season finishing in the top 10 doesnt yet mean you are 'unquestioningly' one of the top 10 teams in the country...even taking this season i'd say there's 4 teams below you in the league that on their day are better, but it's ok, you have your bubble :)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lets just wait until the scummers overspend again and defraud local businesses, you would have thought they could afford to pay them back now?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Not disheartening at all, we do understand how football finances work.

It was disheartening to finally finish above Palace, and to beat you 3-0, and yet you still managed to get promoted and we didn't. That season our squad was marginally better than yours, and since then Palace have stayed in the PL, so actually the Palace experience is quite encouraging from a Brighton perspective. It suggests that if we manage to get up, we have a fighting chance of consolidating and progressing, and our stadium and training facilities are already at the standard required.

However ... there is something a bit comical about the Palace gloating about "the gap" and all the dosh you've got from PL membership. I thought your ultras hated all that vulgar money and TV-rights nonsense, and that Palace was the St Pauli of England? Would hate to think that all this success and riches was changing that ...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If nothing else this should give Timmy a template of how to get extra clicks for poorly written nonsense.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
These two guys have been in the background for quite a while now and now it looks like it's going to happen . I'm cautiously optimistic and reassured that our 4 owners are staying on with Steve still running the club . With the 6 of them putting equal amounts into the re devolpment of selhurst it does seem sensible and now , with the investment , it seems this could happen sooner rather than later . The roller coaster is getting faster :smile:

I hope for your sake you are right but experience says that the ones putting in the most money want the final say and every single one of those businessmen got where they were by being ruthless businessmen and ruthless businessmen are not good team players, they like things done their way.

They are selling some to allow the two guys on board . There will be no debt loaded on the club .

Unlike the current owners, those Yanks have no emotional ties to the club and if they gain control then they would be absolute fools not to go down the loaded debt route. The Glazers at Man U have basically written the blueprint for making vast amounts of money from football with little or no cost to them personally.

Don't take offence when I tell you this but unless those Americans are multi-billionaires in the same league as Usmanov, Abramovic or the Saudis and Kuwaitis then Palace will never win anything - just like the other 86 or so league clubs and so unless those American businessmen see it as a vanity project then you have to question why they want in. I reckon they see it as a business opportunity.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Lets just wait until the scummers overspend again and defraud local businesses, you would have thought they could afford to pay them back now?[/QUOTE As much as it pains me CPFC2010 seem to be well run and organised off the pitch and I really can't see that happening again. I know that it is much easier for them starting the new business with a zero balance sheet and not inheriting the debts of the previous board. I've always thought the FA an League where too soft on them and never issued the fines similar to those dished out to the likes of Southampton, Leeds, Bournemouth.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
They are selling some to allow the two guys on board . There will be no debt loaded on the club .

Can you explain to me how the fab four and and these two new Yanks paying for a new ground or upgrading Selhurst, without any debt on the club, is an investment, but when Bloom did the same at the Amex and the training ground, that this is cheating in the eyes of many of the numpties on the BBS?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here